SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

The most entertaining arguments are made while pulling random numbers out of thin air. Good job!
"
The most entertaining arguments are made while pulling random numbers out of thin air. Good job!

Funny, cause that's like the first number that has not been brought by lab hater to try to make a fallacious point.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

Pulling a fact from chris wilsons mouth and total number of votes in the poll on forums saying lab sucks. My statistic is with the assumption that 2000 people dislike lab. That is not even true for the vocal minority.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
"

Pulling a fact from chris wilsons mouth and total number of votes in the poll on forums saying lab sucks. My statistic is with the assumption that 2000 people dislike lab. That is not even true for the vocal minority.

Whether or not one could extrapolate the dislike towards the labyrinth on the forums and on reddit with the community as a whole is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that a serious number of players who are highly invested into the game (which is true as of reddit and somewhat these forums) strongly dislike the labyrinth.
Whether or not this holds true to the community as a whole can be debated about to ad nauseum (basically what is happening here) but it won't change the fact that if the more invested players dislike how much (time etc) investment is required for labyrinth runs that the less invested players will dislike it even more for the same reason.
There are plenty of 90 + players who enjoy lab mate. Only people who dislike lab are the lazy and weak. Lab is the definition of what poe is intended to be. Difficult. Time consuming. Rewarding.

If you hate lab then you dont like poe design in general. This game is supposed to be about loot, and getting the loot you need to overcome a challenge. If that challenge is lab and you cant or refuse to beat it then you shouldnt be playing an rpg.

Is it that hard to socket a movement skill to bypass traps and get through lab faster. Is it to difficult to know you dont need to kill every single monster in lab. Is it too difficult to look up the shortest path in lab when it is posted on the web for every one every single day. Is it difficult to know Izaros attack patterns and avoid 1 shot kill mechanics. Is it to difficult to not power Izaro up.

Lab is really not that difficult. It is a challenge if you refuse to make changes to overcome the challenges presented. It is pkayers refusal to overcome those challenges that result in them disliking lab. When you are able to over come the challenges then the fact you got to do it to get ac points is no longer a problem.

the trails are useless after u did them.

wasted resources

it is annoying that everything points to lab...the maps get smaller and smaller.

and i hate it to run a map and enter ubertrails by clicking them by mistake when fighing

monsters

"
Jgizle wrote:
Only people who dislike lab are the lazy and weak.

Sigh.

You pretty much annihilate all your credibility when you make statements like this.

(It's not the only statement I've seen you make that merits this reaction.)

You obviously are not very informed. You will need to change that if you want to defend the Labyrinth via sweeping generalizations.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Ignoring facts doesnt make you right. Nothing with lab needs to be fixed. How you play the game needs to be fixed. Not playing the game the way it is intended is your down fall. Thats not the games problem thats your problem and you need to fix it, not GGG.

Lab is not hard if you build appropriately. Ac points is not a problem if you simply do lab.

Lab is the way it is for a very specific reason, and very very good reasons. You are unable to come up with why those need to be changed. Not a single suggestion in this entire post is good. Every single ones causes more problems in other areas.

The only positive suggestion that could be made about lab is narrowed down to 2 things.

1. Make lab smaller. It makes it a little faster to progress through but changes nothing else.

2. Reduce the amount of traps or change it from % to flat damage. This makes it a little faster to progress through but still keeps lab the way it was designed and intended.

All the other suggestions in Op are problematic.

GGG barely has a staff appropriate for game development. It is far to small and because of that the game gets fixes far to slow. Past content rarely gets fixed or improved upon because they are forced to make new content that can be used a promotional material to try to get new players.

If GGG had the money blizzard has and the staff then they could fix many of the current problems in the game while also still working on new content. The reality is GGG doesn't have that and until POE is no longer a niche rpg and is actually a popular rpg, all we can do is wait as the years go by or until a bigger company simply buys POE.

"
Jgizle wrote:
Not playing the game the way it is intended is your down fall.

You're right, I'm not playing the "correct" way. I humbly repent, and I will stop insisting that fun be considered in the creation of content.

Wash your hands, Exile!
"Games are supposed to be fun" = euphemism for: "gimme a game where I always win".

And that's not fun.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info