Current Development Priorities

played ascendancy yesterday as i was away for the starting days. though very easy,the trials in the normal game are a perfect addition to the main game.

started the normal labyrinth around level 30 after finishing act3 with my earthquake marauder moving his slow ass through the traps.

was quite fun, darkshrines were granting me rare items and warbands, i died once to a hopeless situation where i stood on a lava island where traps were covering the whole area so my char took constant damage, there was no way out and logging out doesn't really makes sense there and the second time i made it to the final boss where i ran like a chicken through the room full of unique mobs, not knowing what to do and with itzaro chasing and eventually killing me. again, constant damage, no safe spots, ground effects everywhere and itzaro is always attacking once i stop to click the fight button.

don't think i try that again without massive life leech suport and a 5 linked skill. made 8 level ups discovering the labyrinth.

the labyrinth's graphics, art and vocals are exceptional, the switch between open and indoor areas adds immensely to the reality and athmosphere. had no lag loading the areas or encounters with my several years old i7 win7x64, gtx780 and ssd combo.

i liked the riddles and chests and secret areas to find, that's exactly what i ever wished for.

frustrating facts for normal difficulty:
- a new player doesn't know that he has to outlevel the labyrinth by 10 levels to succeed (although he will probably make the levels by repeating the instances)
- backtracking for keys and rooms is a pain for slow moving characters at start

---

perandus chest mobs were fine and no greater problem although i saw a newer player having extreme difficulties with it (playing a witch). but that's how we all started, eh?

collecting coins, even if cadiro is selling certain uniques, isn't really my thing. i would have really liked a usable currency. also it wasn't clear to me that only one player in a party can get one item from cadiro per instance.

what i like is the community interaction it provokes when players spent their coins on a nice cadiro item only to find a amazing one soon after.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 7, 2016, 3:32:34 AM
"
The Labyrinth
The goal of Labyrinth's design was to make a section of a game that players have to complete in one run. This means that we don't need to design around Alt-F4ing in combat or refilling flasks via portals. This makes for a very different experience to regular Path of Exile play. It also give Standard players a taste of the adrenaline experienced by Hardcore players.

If standard players wanted to feel that adrenaline we would be on hardcore. I hate having 45k Armour, 5k HP and 75% Block on my Tanker only to have it mean nothing because Trap damage is so skewed. My Scion can't even do P3 Cruel Izaro because of that teleporting bullshit he does. For like 1-3 seconds after the game wont even let me move so I'm forced to feel a full trap...instantly killed. I got a guy on Global 1 to help me out but my FPS drops SOOOOOOOOO much in the Laby that I will sometimes get gibbed by what looked like absolutely nothing. This Expac release couldn't have come at a worse fucking time either...I'm literally burying my grandmother this Friday as she passed away today/Sunday and this game that used to be my little space of happy is now filling me with spite and rage. Fix Trap damage.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
Keep an eye on Cadiro. He certainly has a few treasures that people aren't expecting.

I swear to god if this is legacy items or fishing rods I will kiss you on the you know what.
If this means your fixing the terrible fps lag that just about rips me every time I find a perandus chest than TYTYTYTY!
🐢
"
CruelFish wrote:
"
Keep an eye on Cadiro. He certainly has a few treasures that people aren't expecting.

I swear to god if this is legacy items or fishing rods I will kiss you on the you know what.

Check on the legacy items, I've found old 1.3 bloodlines rings and a bunch of brinerot whalers boots for sale. Not cheap though 4k +
🐢
LAME!!!

DONT GIVE US THE POINTS

THATS PRETTY F'ING LAME!!!

Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 7, 2016, 3:52:32 AM
"
Some Standard and Hardcore players (i.e. not those in the Perandus leagues) have a lot of characters that they want to Ascend. Running 18 Trials and 3 Labyrinths is a lot of work when you have several high-level characters from each previous challenge league. We will be running a process tomorrow that will grant some Ascendancy points to existing Standard/Hardcore characters. Characters in Cruel will receive two points and characters in Merciless will receive four points. You still need to run a Labyrinth to actually choose an Ascendancy class. This means that if you run the Merciless Labyrinth, it'll be equivalent to running all three (due to the bonus four points). Note that this is a one-time process that we run, and only applies to existing permanent league characters.

OMG this so awesome... really appreciate that...

BIG THX GGG
"
Chris wrote:

MTX's perhaps?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chris wrote:
There are currently no known realm stability issues.

LoL and servers down again :D
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
And still no working of the several serious issues with lost portals due to multiple problems like disconnections, failed to join any instance because of "disconnected from the server" (which is often not the issue) and so on.

I myself experienced the last weeks:
- Talisman League: I lost the Vinktars Unique Map Challenge because of Disconnection (Server sides) and all Portals gone
- Done the Unique Reef Map before Ascendancy: Disconnected and lost all Portals
- TODAY I run Mortal Set and Died. Failed to join any instance. LOST ALL PORTALS!!!! This was a huge throw back. Funny: all other maps and areas without any malfunction. Only when it gets to high level or very rewarding stuff such things happen. Is this really random???

And never I get any help from GGG just a lousy comment: we have strict policy when it comes to refunding lost stuff.
I didn't lost those portals. The server does!!!!!

F*** this game ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info