Current Development Priorities

Yeah I would like to go near the chests, ie 2 screens or closer, and not suddenly have 0 FPS because of how shit the game is suddenly. Thanks.
Yeah thats great that you are working on performance because on my pc
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10586)
Architecture: 64-bit
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 8.00 GB
DIMM Modules: DIMM0: 4.00 GB @ 1333 MHz
DIMM2: 4.00 GB @ 1333 MHz
.NET Framework: 4.6+ Release Build: 394254, Runtime: 4.0.30319.42000

Display Information
-------------------
Display Device(s): Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Display Mode(s): 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) @ 60 Hz
Driver Version: 10.18.13.6175 (361.75)
Display Memory: 1024.00 MB
I have to set into launch options "--nopreload" to load game faster because I took ages without it.
Not having o do all the trials on my old chars is ahuge Quality of life improvement THX GGG!
This league has been amazing so far! Great job, i love the coins and the Cadiro uniques!
My Labyrinth two cents.

The puzzles and traps are great, for the first 15, 20, 30 minutes. After this, the Labyrinth is tedious and aggravating.
- Portal out, have to start over.
- Die to the over tuned damage, have to start over.
- Client crashes, have to start over.
- Server crashes, have to start over.

Even when you fix the latter two, the first two are still a problem. I have a real life. I don’t get to sit down, uninterrupted, for the time it takes to do the Labyrinth from beginning to end. At times, I’m lucky if I get to sit down and play uninterrupted for 20 to 30 minutes. Any time I’m playing, unless it’s in the wee hours of the night when I should be sleeping, I’m always multitasking, eking out play time in downtime wherever I can. I play while cooking dinner. I play while helping kids with homework. I playing while having to get up and let dogs outside. I play while doing laundry. I play when the wife could honey-do me at any given moment. With any of these, I have to get up and walk away from the computer at a moment’s notice. In other words, I have to portal out at will, period. Real life comes first, game is second.

Anyway, the Labyrinth needs check points or something. Having to start completely over, for any reason, is ridiculous. And I really don’t understand the reason for not being able to portal out and re-enter where you left off in the first place. Have the portal take you back to the Labyrinth’s starting area (i.e. not Sarn), a safe zone where you can walk away from the game/computer and pick up where you left off when you get back. Whether or not flasks refill when you portal back to the starting/safe area, I’d rather they did, but I know you can make it so they don’t. Also, if you are fighting Izaro at the time, just reset the fight ala the Ancients Battle of Diablo 2.

There is no reason the Labyrinth needs to be tedious and aggravating. You can allow portals for a short break without having to completely start over by simply returning us to the Labyrinth starting area without refilling flasks and resetting Izaro if you were fighting him at the time of portaling out.
"
Some Standard and Hardcore players (i.e. not those in the Perandus leagues) have a lot of characters that they want to Ascend. Running 18 Trials and 3 Labyrinths is a lot of work when you have several high-level characters from each previous challenge league. We will be running a process tomorrow that will grant some Ascendancy points to existing Standard/Hardcore characters. Characters in Cruel will receive two points and characters in Merciless will receive four points. You still need to run a Labyrinth to actually choose an Ascendancy class. This means that if you run the Merciless Labyrinth, it'll be equivalent to running all three (due to the bonus four points). Note that this is a one-time process that we run, and only applies to existing permanent league characters.

<3<3<3<3

Thats awesome, just yesterday i was thinking about Running the Lab with all my 8 or 9 Standard Characters and i was like: lol wut? 9x3 labs? srsly? too much work, aborting this thought :D

But thx to this future change i will do it on every single one :>

THANK YOU! Awesome Perandus League so far.

BUT: Tone down the f-cking damage, give melees some love.
A pause function in the lab would be good for those of us with real lives.
Or small rooms in which nothing happens so you can park your char while answering the phone or whatever...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Keep an eye on Cadiro. He certainly has a few treasures that people aren't expecting.

OMG
Last edited by Melpheos on Mar 7, 2016, 9:35:56 AM
"
It also give Standard players a taste of the adrenaline experienced by Hardcore players.

If standard player will want to taste "adrenaline" he'll create HC character. If standard player not to be able to complete labyrinth he just left the game. Who need players? Not me for sure.
Last edited by UlverUA on Mar 7, 2016, 9:42:46 AM
"
It also give Standard players a taste of the adrenaline experienced by Hardcore players.

I don't get this. There's a reason I don't play Hardcore. I'm positive that's true for a generous amount of non-Hardcore players, too. I can do it. I've done it, it was fun while I did. But I no longer seek that, why is it being forced on me?

It's not that I want some easy breezy borefest, but in a game that already has legendarily dodgy responsiveness and latency, having an all-or-nothing playstyle forced on me leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

There's a lot of stuff I can whine about. That line just rubs me really wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info