Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

Players complained that there was no difficult content. Now people are upset that they can't faceroll through the lab like every t15 map in the game. I'm not a fan of the lab myself, and only do it for the subclass points, but if you think it's too hard this might be the wrong game.
"
Demonzu wrote:
Players complained that there was no difficult content. Now people are upset that they can't faceroll through the lab like every t15 map in the game. I'm not a fan of the lab myself, and only do it for the subclass points, but if you think it's too hard this might be the wrong game.

Did you not read the post directly above yours? The complaints are not really about difficulty.
Agree with OP.

Game is supposed to be an RPG -- if I want to I should be able to faceroll a lv30 zone by grinding and getting good gear.

Putting in some shitty instarip traps where you die from a small mistake (and where the gameplay is different from the rest of the game completely) is terrible design.

Ascendancy is awesome, but this zone is seriously the shittiest thing you guys ever made. If I want to dodge instarip traps I will go and play prince of persia.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
cesmode wrote:
Against my better judgement, I made another character after ripping(2 shotted) to izaro final fight cruel, with 2k+ hp, 6500+ armor, 300 life regen, maxed resistances at level 60(cruel).

How is being two-shotted, being unable to portal out, acceptable????

2k life for end of cruel is pretty miniscule, sorry to say that but you had too little life for this (And further) content. cruel malachai would kill you just as quickly as Izaro did

Oh do please shut up once in a while. Cruel Malachai is a fooking faceroll. I can semi-facetank him with my post-nerf SRS summoner. With no armor to speak of. and nothing but a couple of granite flasks standing between me and death.

For someone who thinks izaro is not overtuned, you do manage to overestimate cruel malachai.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
HeliaXDemoN wrote:
The league is fun, subclasses are cool and the lab is there to make everything bad.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I have decided that I won't be making any new characters until Labyrinth is either made voluntary or is nerfed to complete joke where you can just walk through each and every trap. It's definitely not an ARPG content so it shouldn't be mandatory for us who play PoE because it's the best ARPG around.
Agreed, that and the trials, the general awful balance of the Labyrinth, like being terrible for CI builds, taking off your gear to power run through traps. I'd forgive if I wasn't forced to do the Labyrinth for my points, or at least do a set seed tutorial 3 times on every character I make that don't even showcase all the traps or teach you the labs, which makes them 100% pointless.

Labs designed purely around softcore leagues and seem totally incompatible with Hardcore, especially after Chris saying they designed them to give softcore players a taste of HC-esque gameplay.

That's great, thanks, but don't force me to do content that is at best, entirely subjectively good content.

Please for the love of god don't force me, as a hardcore player, to do tutorials multiple times per character and partake in your new content. If you like the Labyrinth, congrats, you didn't have the game you love ruined for you.

Even if you like the Labyrinth, I can't see how this launch is anything 'but' the worst release to date. Also I don't see how anyone can defend having these trials in the game, why do you need tutorials on about 33% of the Labyrinth content and why do I have to do the same exact seeded tutorial three times per character?
"
And1111 wrote:
Decided to do normal labyrinth for second time.In my first attemp,i was near done,then i dc-ed.second time again,near done,the i got msg operation timed out.almost 2 hours of torture for nothing.I'm done with this shit.

Late to the game... But good god!
You spent 2 hours in the Labyrinth?! :o
Damn. That's a LONG time.
--== Enjoying the game ==--
It's certainly in the contender group; along with the masters (not the benchcrafting, the 'daily mission' tedious grind) of 1.2 and the screenspam fest that is the boss gauntlet of act 4. Imo of course.
We tested it extensively
It's terrible content because GGG releases unfinished and/or untested content.

A lot of the trap designs don't actually work for inflicting damage (eg, spikes rotating on their non-sharp side), and the hit boxes are poorly done - either extending beyond the traps or are more damaging in parts that wouldn't actually damage you at all.

Right now it's hardest for melee characters that don't have access to WB: precisely the people GGG have said they've been trying to buff. Lmao

The lab is bad in its current state, but is easy enough to fix.
"
ihasmario wrote:
It's terrible content because GGG releases unfinished and/or untested content.

A lot of the trap designs don't actually work for inflicting damage (eg, spikes rotating on their non-sharp side), and the hit boxes are poorly done - either extending beyond the traps or are more damaging in parts that wouldn't actually damage you at all.

Right now it's hardest for melee characters that don't have access to WB: precisely the people GGG have said they've been trying to buff. Lmao

The lab is bad in its current state, but is easy enough to fix.

eee? Leap Slam is the king of the Lab. WB is risky, catches edges and cannot cross gaps. use at own risk

my fastest runner is 1h mace moltenstriker..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info