Labyrinth,the worst content ever made in POE?

Keep telling people that you did not offend them, and then call them white-knights. Because you are the One, who can state what is offensive, and what is not.

You are the king of the castle. Keep up the good work, buddy.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Honestly I agree. We've come from fully fledged act additions to this kind of crap? I mean I just whirling blades through the whole lab and nothing even hits me. The only thing you need to beat the maze is 4 aps and whirling blades ...
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
cesmode wrote:
Against my better judgement, I made another character after ripping(2 shotted) to izaro final fight cruel, with 2k+ hp, 6500+ armor, 300 life regen, maxed resistances at level 60(cruel).

How is being two-shotted, being unable to portal out, acceptable????

2k life for end of cruel is pretty miniscule, sorry to say that but you had too little life for this (And further) content. cruel malachai would kill you just as quickly as Izaro did

I'll have to disagree with you there. This was probably one of my more tankiest characters to date. I've done cruel malachai with much much less. Sure, its not 'meta', top knotch, or optimal. But I would think that I should be able to complete the godamn run. They afford themselves high damage fights because they allow us to portal out. However, in the labyrinth, this is not the case...but we still have the high damage fights.

Exact stats while buffed:

HP: 2201
Fire Res: 75(96)
Cold Res: 75(103)
Lightning Res: 75(95)
Armor: 6386
Phys Dmg Reduction: 63%
Chance to Evade: 10%
Life Regen: 240

Regardless, I ripped a second toon to Izaro. I really don't want to play POE again until ascendancy subclasses are removed from this gate and made available through some other means.

Yeah it is some tedious weirdness that takes the genre somewhere it wasnt intended. I can't imagine doing this for every character I ever make.
I appreciate the effort and work put into this expansion, but yes, the labyrinth is really bad as it is, right now. If it wasn't for the sub-class and points, I would never enter it ever again.

The traps, and some combinations of them are just frustrating and annoying, guess that was the intention, but it's definitely not fun.

The Izaro fight itself, the mechanics of it, I'm fine with, but he needs some serious adjustment on Cruel (still waiting for 2.2.1, wondering what "fighting Izaro on Normal should be easier" actually means). He has too much health compared to an equally leveled and geared character's damage output, and his damage could also see some balancing as well.
"
unranked wrote:
I appreciate the effort and work put into this expansion, but yes, the labyrinth is really bad as it is, right now. If it wasn't for the sub-class and points, I would never enter it ever again.

The traps, and some combinations of them are just frustrating and annoying, guess that was the intention, but it's definitely not fun.

This. Content is not bad, actually is opposite of that imo. Is just different, and some not liking them at all (for many reasons) even though some do. Atleast far from worst content ever for sure. Cannot skip lab though... one of worst decisions ever. If not the worst. Destroys fun in this game pretty much, for many.
I have to say doing labyrinth for 45 minutes only to mess up on timing at the only difficult part of the labyrinth feels bad man. There needs to be a way to save the content you already passed and just be able to go right back to that spot and try again. I mean it seems silly that literally probably the only spot where you could possibly fail in the labyrinth is 40+ minutes into it.
I just got back from a long break, tried out what's new in Path of Exile..

Already small depression when I saw Ground Slam had been replaced by Sunder, which is literally just an echo'ing long ranged Ground Slam, and then we got Earthquake, just a delayed Ice Crash without the Cold part to it.

Labyrinth.. Hoboy this shit was godawful:
I go in, first area is nice, find secrets and enjoying myself, trying to find all of them because they could potentially give you an insane reward.
Izaro fight, was rather easy, he just hits hard occasionaly, that's all I felt (he had some summoner portals that I just destroyed).
Then I get to ANOTHER huge fucking tileset with even more secrets/traps.. Are you for real? Rinse&Repeat is never a good idea, how did you manage to fuck up this hard? So I keep going in, I get slowly bored of huge areas with no end in sight since you don't want to miss out on potentially good rewards.

Now, I also had to leave items on the floor, because my inventory was full, already in the first areas after Izaro.

Then I get to the worst part..
Game suddenly crash, I think to myself; "I have to go through this shit, AGAIN!" and I simply just called it quits, worst addition to the game by far, holy fucking shit.

Make it local saved, allow us to store items more than those few times.

To think we got the new amazing classes, locked behind this shitty content, is just embaressing for a once amazing game.
The worst part I felt, was that this more time I WASTED in the Labyrinth, this more it became clear that it was designed for fast builds, like Whirling Blades.. GGG simply is losing touch.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:
I just got back from a long break, tried out what's new in Path of Exile..

Already small depression when I saw Ground Slam had been replaced by Sunder, which is literally just an echo'ing long ranged Ground Slam, and then we got Earthquake, just a delayed Ice Crash without the Cold part to it.

Labyrinth.. Hoboy this shit was godawful:
I go in, first area is nice, find secrets and enjoying myself, trying to find all of them because they could potentially give you an insane reward.
Izaro fight, was rather easy, he just hits hard occasionaly, that's all I felt (he had some summoner portals that I just destroyed).
Then I get to ANOTHER huge fucking tileset with even more secrets/traps.. Are you for real? Rinse&Repeat is never a good idea, how did you manage to fuck up this hard? So I keep going in, I get slowly bored of huge areas with no end in sight since you don't want to miss out on potentially good rewards.

Now, I also had to leave items on the floor, because my inventory was full, already in the first areas after Izaro.

Then I get to the worst part..
Game suddenly crash, I think to myself; "I have to go through this shit, AGAIN!" and I simply just called it quits, worst addition to the game by far, holy fucking shit.

Make it local saved, allow us to store items more than those few times.

To think we got the new amazing classes, locked behind this shitty content, is just embaressing for a once amazing game.
The worst part I felt, was that this more time I WASTED in the Labyrinth, this more it became clear that it was designed for fast builds, like Whirling Blades.. GGG simply is losing touch.

This +10

The league is fun, subclasses are cool and the lab is there to make everything bad.
"
Vaalamity wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Vaalamity wrote:

I have 1.4 million DPS btw, and can easily do 78 maps, so the fact I died in the Lab shows how out of place it is in the game. Sorry that I don't feel like buying a Kaom's to do some garbage content that I don't wanna play.

it shows that the gear carries you, not your skill. and Lab shows that.

btw you can dodge/block some trap types, just saying

My skill in playing Tomb Raider? I concede, I suck at lag-dodging blenders. What I am pretty decent at, though, is playing Path of Exile. Ya know, the game about killing mobs, gearing up, min/maxing builds, finding loot? I do okay in that game.

Thanks so much for your input, though. Very relevant to the discussion. Feel free to keep your shit to yourself.

This argument that that we are just bad players and so it is OUR fault that we don't like the lab is ridiculous beyond belief. We hate the lab because it is tedious and not fun. NOT FUN and TEDIOUS to us. If it is fun for some people then great! But the people that find the labs fun need to accept the fact that not everyone is like you Sidtherat. You can ignore what people say but just because it is fun for you it doesn't mean that it is fun for everyone else. Since I know you still won't be understanding that not everyone has to like something that you like, I will try one last time to say the lab is tedious and not fun to many people! The lab is upsetting to me because I have enjoyed playing PoE for years and now there is this big old NOT FUN sewage that has to be slogged through called the lab.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info