Pohx's 2.2 Ice Trapper. HC/SC/Atziri/High Maps

Started mapping yesterday with this build as well.
Was lvl 63 before I entered the first tier 1 map. Twinned. This was way too easy. Immediately started to go for higher tiers, at the moment I run tier 4 without any problems at level 70.

Gear:

I can still improve a lot, but this is really a fun build to play with.
\o/
Last edited by Phyloni on Mar 18, 2016, 8:38:05 AM
Hey guys. Currently level 88, running t9-11 maps no problem. Haven't been able to find any maps higher than that so far

Unbuffed I have 9k eva, 40% evasion, 40% dodge and 44% spell dodge with 5163 hp.
Here's my gear

I could probably use some flask improvements but meh.

Using these here and there

Last edited by Eliqq on Mar 18, 2016, 6:06:27 PM
"
Stius14 wrote:
Alright, looking back at Pohx's video guide, he suggested Taryn's Shiver as a good unique. Has anybody actually used Taryn's Shiver? I currently have a 5linked Taryn's but at the same time, I also have 5linked rare staff with +100 cold damage to spells and 93% spell damage. Kinda confused/conflicted because he mentions that a flat ele damage to spells is important.

It's a bit of a trade off, those would both be good. So the +1 cold skills in Taryn's would add about 50-70 damage to ice trap going from 20 to 21, and you would get an extra 1% cold pen from cold penetration. You would also get the extra freeze chance. The rare would have a bit more flat damage. Ultimately if you have both of them it shouldn't be hard to try both of them, and just compare tool tip damage. The only things that wouldn't show up in the tool tip are the freeze chance/frozen damage, and the 1% cold pen, which is minor. So just compare the damage on both, and decide if the damage difference is worth 8% more freeze chance.
Just wondering how this build compares to the ice trap and dual consuming dark and pyre chaos conversion build, besides the required uniques and added cost, in regards dps and survivability, trying to get a feel for the pros and cons of both builds, as I really want to try out a trapper this league and both seem like solid options, though this build seems like it requires less currency to get going, cheers.
Did some reading last night, spend about 25 regrets to respec and test out elemental overload and my damage went from 11k down to 6k. The keystone vs crit multi is a poor trade off in my opinion.

Currently level 89 running all high tier maps with extreme ease, Only deaths came in crematorium but due to 7mod map with twinned bosses on 220ms(my default latency)

My current gear is :

Im still opting to use a spirit shield, just looking to find a decent one, but right now 4.8k life is more than enough.

My build is :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAEV8l5f79bQ45RmMNlVLidNh4nBSKgtd8g5IKwruFRGWES-3dX_G62OioyepwcU2PcHz7BidqpUgCNRwu2SqbIxrF3Ntm4ZirLzq8PlqNrTFwFTC7NvnCPRqQwW1bAhwUW0Zjb_o1vGKdm-zA5f0-utRR9QjmybN6n6wMhhSU5LzMHw31DBxMgHYVFMxl5U9X15FjX1_K-0_3aiyGUyzI_ZW-kt4z3quswQH0B9Nku4OkA06QmHrQZaD2-_r73ozeHpT0PVVxtN-5zoknX11AF4b4GJa_roZju2DCC6bjWJPyQZnTm939p83Fz7PveYAAA==

8.5k Eva and 4700life, my next 6 levels will all go to life.
The 30Str nodes will be kept, it allows for more flexibility with gear and base life. Same with survivalist. When life pool becomes an issue the offhand will switch to a ES shield and Ill most likely drop Survive ability nodes for some more DPS.

I ran the same setup without enfeeble, using arctic armour+enduring cry. And self cursing with Assasins mark. Either work fine. Enfeeble just suited my play style a little better with WB. You do land between mobs sometimes.

All in all, the 2 builds play quite different, I just prefer the crit, it absolutely demolishes bosses and has more than enough AOE for clear speed, as is.

My gear so far :

Gems still low , but can do T10-T11 already :D

DPS is very high already , thanks to a few powercharges and accendency class points.

Life almost 6K , Evasion also 6K

Area of effect also gains from dagger and belt , fills up 75% of the screen :)
Last edited by Highforce on Mar 19, 2016, 2:10:18 PM
Currently at lvl 87, running the Elemental Overload version. Tooltip DPS is approx. 5.5k (in hideout, no damage buffs) and life just a bit over 5k. Think I will give the crit version a shot, for more deeps.
"
Highforce wrote:
My gear so far :

Gems still low , but can do T10-T11 already :D

DPS is very high already , thanks to a few powercharges and accendency class points.

Life almost 6K , Evasion also 6K

Area of effect also gains from dagger and belt , fills up 75% of the screen :)

What are you resistances like? Any chance you could link your skill tree?
That's my current gear:

Spoiler

I'm currently lvl 89 and doing maps till T11 (didn't find something higher yet). I have 5.3k life and 7.2k eva so far. By now I'm waiting to level up couple of gems in the background to swap them to Q20 and level up again - by then I should get more damage. Of course the main goal is to get 6L chest, but it requires more time and working ;)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Mar 20, 2016, 4:18:07 AM
HI, I am wanting to try this build out. Whats the difference in using dual daggers or a scepter/wand and a spirit shield? I see that the weapon choices differ a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info