The labyrinth is both boring and frustrating

"
Gaza wrote:
"
madfellan wrote:
How stupid is this ? You enter a room and it is a dead end. Back through all those traps i already avoided. :)

It's almost like a Labyrinth of something...

Yeah i guess they can add chilling ground and temp chains. It`s a labyrinth man, it needs to be hard as ...
It took Icarus months to complete. Do you want to finish it in 2 hours ? :)
the only way they could make it better is to make us repeat the final level 10 times instead of 3. or maybe make you repeat the whole thing when you hit 25 percent health instead of dying.

seriously, this is so tedious and such a let down when you die that you don't want to play the game for a while.

i think the best way to do it is to skip it until merciless and your character actually needs the buffs. then go back to normal and cruel with your finger on movement speed and health just ignoring all the traps.
Chilling Ground, Temporal Chain AND those zombies that drop Tar on the ground when they die ;)

Peace,

-Tar Zomboid-
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
If you like repeating the same content over and over and trying to do it faster each time, play races.
If you like losing progress when you die, play hardcore.
If you like losing progress when you DC, play end-game maps.

If you like to do all of those things at once, play the Labyrinth.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Even Izaro is amazed :

"By the goddess ! What ambition ! :)

I suppose it means : You play the worst expansion, with no sound, minimum graphical quality, but you are still here !
I haven't read through all the feedback, but I'm going to have to say the Labyrinth is massive amounts of un-fun. I don't have one positive thing to say about the design. I can't imagine running several characters through it three times each to try out different builds.
I did a run on Normal with my cycloner Mara in Std... and, meh, dunno, dont like it. My first impression is that it doesnt fit into the game. It's too long with dead-ends and overall feels "forced gameplay". It especially doesnt fit into this lackluster game engine, with a camera too much zoomed in and the inability to show objects behind walls... :(

I'll check how it plays on my other chars, which dont have easy navigation with leap slam & high regen. From here it could go in two ways, imo:

1.) A passable annoyance: "ok, Ill do it 3X per char" *grumble*
2.) It's the thing that will ruin the whole game for me :(

GGG obviously put a lot of effort into this Labyrinth, from mechanics to art, but I'm not sure if it fits into the game. Id prefer an "endless dungeon" type, that focuses on intense combat, instead of avoiding traps. PoE was never about exploration, but about destroying masses of enemies.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 5, 2016, 6:20:14 PM
atm i dont see any way ill be doing this more than 3x per character, though atm quitting seems a better idea, wasted 3 hours in there, while i do enjoy having a few traps, going through 50 of them gets old fast and then there are those nice oneshots from izaro...
And...again, just before the last fight with the boss on Cruel.

I cam`t remember the last time i had so much fun. :)
I just tried the lab two times and as much as I think, there are some valid points in the first post, the major issue for me right now is, that I play a summoner. And when my (for now) 8 minions run around me while I'm trying to figure out when and how to move through the traps, it makes me wanting to kill them all and try without them, because they run into the traps (they don't get much damage, at least that's a nice thing). So I'm constantly having problems to see anything at all. And when I'm getting out of sync while running through the trap, I have no chance to resync, because there is so much moving around me and the noises of the minions getting hit ...

But when I unsummon them all, I'm dead either, because after some traps you have to run into a room full of enemies (as "safe ground" from the traps).

I'm not happy right now with this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info