The labyrinth is both boring and frustrating

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I'm pretty new to this game and liked it before Ascendancy and still do but the Labyrinth has been so frustrating to me that i feel like quitting. There are constantly some pillars or uneven ground blocking my whirling blades, so many dead ends and useless corners and you can't tp and if you die you have to start the whole S*** all over again. The pinacle was when i spent 30 minutes and almost completed it and the game crashed during the area loading screen. overall i probably spent 2 or 3 hours trying to figure out and complete the labyrinth in normal difficulty and since my game crashed and i died twice i still havent completed it. this is my first post on this forum since i feel extremely frustrated and ready to quit the game.
As a long time hardcore, periodic player ( i like to play like 8-12 hours a day for about a month on average) the labyrinth is the worst fucking idea i've ever seen implemented in POE. I'm loving the perandus league but the labyrinth makes me very close to ragequitting completely.

It's too long, you can't die or leave, you need to way overlevel the content to do it meaning all the time you spend in there is wasted and you are required to compelte it for talent points, additionally i have been getting occassional crashes when zoning into new areas meaning i need to fully re-run the lab. The boss is way overtuned, the map of the lab is god awful and the whole experience painful. The only good aspect of the lab is occassionally some loot or a cool darkshrine? seriously how did this get past q/a testing is beyond me.

Needs shortening, boss needs to be weaker and seriously at that point just remove it from the game, even the traps are bloody boring, i like playing POE to farm LOOT quickly and enjoying my character. The labyrinth is close to making me stop playing, and this has been my favourite game for the past 2 years.

p.s. Sorry for the harsh language but the LAB is total BS
Great post OP. Nothing else to add, +1. Entire labyrinth patch is a great let down
I completed it on my ranger on Normal and Cruel but it is boring as ...
There is no fun in there. When you disconnect just before the final fight you won`t feel like starting it again. And it didn`t happened only once.
Plus there is no reason to explore the map ( to find secret rooms or treasure keys ) . Once you`re in, you will rush to the end hoping the game won`t crash this time or the big boss won`t 1hit you.
+1

Amen!
"
Dext88 wrote:
you need to way overlevel the content to do it

this !

I ran the labrinth on normal with my lvl87 character and the traps killed the shit out of me so naturally I ragequit - Did I mention I hate traps?

TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
+1 Played 2 hours in ONE single lab run. Boring as hell. Traps, backtracking, again trap backtracking again.... now repeat on. I think The Labyrinth should be calling The Backtracking
Challenge. Died to a combo of two traps. Dark room, didn't see spikes on the floor, stunned from them and a moving blade pillar comes... Wasted 2 hours, and for what? It's like an Act 5
without the possibility of saving your progress. Good job GGG.
"
+1 Played 2 hours in ONE single lab run. Boring as hell. Traps, backtracking, again trap backtracking again.... now repeat on. I think The Labyrinth should be calling The Backtracking
Challenge. Died to a combo of two traps. Dark room, didn't see spikes on the floor, stunned from them and a moving blade pillar comes... Wasted 2 hours, and for what? It's like an Act 5

yea that is the worst aspect of this trap crap - if you DC you gotta start over and we all know DC in POE is like water to a fish
TRUE FACT

"
krunchor wrote:
"

yea that is the worst aspect of this trap crap - if you DC you gotta start over and we all know DC in POE is like water to a fish

There's really no way for the game to detect a disconnection. They'll either have to add in the ability to save your progress or use TPs, or leave it the way it is.
"
zalfargia wrote:
They'll either have to add in the ability to save your progress or use TPs, or leave it the way it is.

Ummm they already have a thing called instances, why are they not using them in the labyrinth?
If you DC in a map and you have portals open you can get back into your map...

TRUE FACT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info