Sunder

Sunder is earthquake on all points but with less features. Why not have added the affix projectile or he can just get started on each weapon ambidexterity.

It's a shame, it could have been really nice with an operation of this type, and it would be detached from its similarity earthquake.
"
Souljïn wrote:
Sunder is earthquake on all points but with less features. Why not have added the affix projectile or he can just get started on each weapon ambidexterity.

It's a shame, it could have been really nice with an operation of this type, and it would be detached from its similarity earthquake.

I´m mostly happy with Sunder as it is, i would like it if the "15% less as" modifier could be removed or if it were usable with sword, but mechanicwise i´m happy with it.

If they would add the projectile modifier it would turn from a mid range melee skill to an other "melee" skill like lightningstrike. That is something i dont want to see, as it is thanks to the "clearspeed over all" meta we lack viable skills that work best if you go up and personal with the mobs. And Sunder provides just that.

If you use knockback and the empires grasp gloves you pull mobs together, making the most out of the overlapping shockwaves. If you then add bleeds interaction with knockback and possibility of an ridicolous amount of poisonstacks in large groups. If you chose Duelist-Gladiator your tankyness and ae clear turns monstrous. The only weakness are bosses without any adds. But for those you can switch to heavystrike without its annoying knockback combonent thanks to your gloves.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
how does it work with weapon melee range? what are interactions?
IGN: UbogiMurarz
Just like every other Attack that has a range built-in, there is no interaction.
I was theorycrafting Sunder + Cast on Crit, and I was wondering if anyone knows how much delay there is between the intitial hit and the AoE hit? Would using sunder on a pack give lots of chances to cast a linked spell (from initial hits and AoEs), or would the hits be too close together to proc that spell multiple times?

For reference, I think CoC has a 0.05s cooldown for each spell. I'm assuming that the AoE will hit within that window, and so not really help you proc CoC more times.

I know that the hits will come one after the other from the initial line as it travels through different enemies, but I'm not sure that's enough to make it comparable to spectral throw unless the AoEs are helping too.

PS: It's hard to test myself since it's hard to tell how many times a spell is proccing, so I'd pretty much need to make a build around it and check the dps then!
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 20, 2016, 9:13:44 PM
I doubt that the AoE shockwave can CoC.
EQ-shockwave doesnt do that as well - tried and checked every aspect with a trypanon CoC.

about Sunder:
awesome skill. I like it.
Clearspeed is higher than with reave atm with a
Crit Sunder Dualwield with dagger.

still need proper weapon ele or pure ele damage enchant.

Currently crafting me a dagger for "hits can't be evaded" to see if it works, of not I still got 91-93% chance to hit.

Sunder - multistrike - faster attacks - inc crit - inc AoE - WED

top pro: shockwave crits
top contra: Targets enemy and can fail moving enemy -> can be reduced by a lot of a lot of attack speed
Last edited by gloobonious on Mar 21, 2016, 2:29:27 AM
Ok so... skill is AMAZING. i cant rly compare to other melee skills since its my 1st melee character i ever made but:

Clear speed is amazing even in 3-4 ppl party
Great AoE skill, a bit worse for single target but it works good enough
Many supports u can link it with, which is nice
Viable from lvl 12
Cool mechanics
U dont need aoe for it to work

its very "noob friendly" skill (can tell coz i just made my 1st melee build), its not complicated to understand how it works and how its scaling which is hard for few skills (like molten strike which is projectile skill too) i think ill make guide later:)

Spoiler

This is gear im using, im at 40k dps (50k with lion's roar flask which is amazing vs melee bosses coz knockback)

IGN: UbogiMurarz
Has anyone looked into the interaction between Sunder and Knockback?

Is Sunder able to hit the same enemy more than once like Glacial Cascade?

If so, Sunder/Coc/Glacial Cascade/Knockback would be hilarious.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
assamite1 wrote:
It's terrible laggy, the small AoEs from each mob got some unplesant "gore" effects of somekind.
With 4.0 APS on lvl 70 shadow assassin that is using sunder+multistrike+Cast on Critical+Bladefall it makes be freeze to death, and when fighting Perandus mobs im frozen for 10s+ on 1st hit.
Something is wrong with this skill.

So you are playing an AOE skill - Multistrike - COC Build on Perandus and complain about performance issues? That's quite a good one. Do you also have a Carcass Jack for extra gore by any chance? Because that can only help, of course.
I am getting serious fps drops when hitting a big pack of mobs like perandus or on shrines for instance. No CoC.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Apr 6, 2016, 3:52:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info