Sunder

just got this, and completely reminded me about the new skill. by the reviews in here it sounds a little underwhelming though
"
Drahken wrote:
just got this, and completely reminded me about the new skill. by the reviews in here it sounds a little underwhelming though

It's a bit underwhelming that initial shockwave is quite narrow and cant be scaled with AoE radius. On other hand, that means Concentrated Effect is a very good gem for it.
GGG still could make "line" AoE skill scale their width and/or length with AoE radius....

As for helm, if those 25% are additive to other "increased damage", it's quite underwhelming...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Mar 8, 2016, 4:03:03 AM
I was making a ground slam build, when this gem and earthquake dropped for me. Slightly different focus for me, but since sunder is physical, it works well with my Morahi Erqi.

Obviously, as ground slam, my attack speed is greater, and since I run blasphemy with Warlord's mark, the range becomes an issue. However, I think it would be nice if there was no delay, just having it rupture and that be the end of it.

Without the delays, it would be really nice addition, even still, with my bezerker, with 4 frenzy charges, blood rage and fire golem, I still tooltip about 27k damage. I'm currently running T6 maps.

Seems OK for single target, but I still prefer ground slam, mainly for the stun.

Is Sunder actually affected by accuracy? Because I have 79% chance to hit and I haven't seen it missing.
It's an Attack, it should be.
To be honest, i like the skill and currently enjoy playing with it. Even though i think the singletarget dmg is a little bit weak.

Additionally i have a few questions, someone might be able to answer:

1. Do the secondary shockwaves count as melee for the purpose of dmg increases ?(nodes,support gems etc.)

2. Is it possible to apply poison with the initial and secondary hit ?

and a follow up question to 2 =>

3. Would each shockwave count as an independent poison source ? (i.e. would two overlapping shockwaves apply two stack of poison while beeing triggered by the same initial attack ?)

4. Are the shockwaves able to trigger secondary effects like lgoh/mgoh, knockback, blind etc.?
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
Last edited by Temeritas on Mar 9, 2016, 8:29:58 PM
Ok, so found out that only the initial slam to the ground can miss but the wave always hits.
"
Ok, so found out that only the initial slam to the ground can miss but the wave always hits.

Hard to confirm. Need confirm from GGG.

Second waves have the same crit chance as initial?

Is second wave's damage can be reflected?

Does it interact with Multy Strike?

By the way... Can be intresring with Empire's Grasp
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
"
Temeritas wrote:
To be honest, i like the skill and currently enjoy playing with it. Even though i think the singletarget dmg is a little bit weak.

Additionally i have a few questions, someone might be able to answer:

1. Do the secondary shockwaves count as melee for the purpose of dmg increases ?(nodes,support gems etc.)

2. Is it possible to apply poison with the initial and secondary hit ?

and a follow up question to 2 =>

3. Would each shockwave count as an independent poison source ? (i.e. would two overlapping shockwaves apply two stack of poison while beeing triggered by the same initial attack ?)

4. Are the shockwaves able to trigger secondary effects like lgoh/mgoh, knockback, blind etc.?

1. I think, they are - AoE melee skills are quite common and all take full benefit from "melee"-tagged modifiers.
2. Yes, since poison stacks
3. Yes, all shockwaves will inflict poison and they all will stack.
4. Yes, all following effects will be triggered. Also, CoC effect and similar (you can make CoC build with this skill).

"
Radonegsky wrote:
"

Hard to confirm. Need confirm from GGG.

Second waves have the same crit chance as initial?

Is second wave's damage can be reflected?

Does it interact with Multy Strike?

By the way... Can be intresring with Empire's Grasp

Crit roll is determined per skill use. So if initial wave crits, usually so do all shockwaves.
I think, it can be reflected, because it's just a melee attack.
Try to put Multistrike into it and see )

Anyway, i think that Sunder is quite underwhelming skill. Initial wave is quite narrow and its width cant be increased with AoE radius. For a skill, that is intended to be used against packs, it's a fatal drawback. Sunder doesnt look bad compared to skills like Cleave, Sweep, Ground Slam and Ice Crash - but all following skills are actually under-performing and pale before truly powerful attack skills like Earthquake, Molten Strike, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow and Blast Rain.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Mar 14, 2016, 4:56:29 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I think, it can be reflected, because it's just a melee attack.

Infer.Blow's blast don't reflect cose it is maked from mosters, Waves also maked from mosters. So is it reflected?

So what about hit/miss of second waves, again?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info