[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Fatal_Oath wrote:
"
SinXic wrote:
This is a really great build that i am going through right now but help me understand how this is HC viable without going Iron Reflex? Acrobatics and evasion just does not cut it at high level. Any insight is appreciated.

"HC VIABLE" Is a highly subjective term and I recommend watching Lighty's video guide to what is hardcore viable.

This guide ,as is, is not hc viable IMO. Evasion/Dodge is fine for higher levels but your budget scales exponentially for pushing tougher content. You're going to want a Vinktar's Vessel, Lightning Coil, focus on scaling lightning damage and run a level 23 purity of lightning, (alpha howl and/or empower) and the big bad Taste of Hate. If you instead are going to use Kintsugi, you may want to consider not going Avatar of the Slaughter and instead take avatar of the chase and stack a ton of evasion and Dodge rather than frenzy charges. Also make sure your max life is gigantic, don't use drillneck for this its pointless. Use a quiver like mine above

I've been running an alternative version of this with Death Opus as my main weapon , LA as my aoe and Tornado shot as my single target , it had big success up until i killed myself to stupidity running a phys reflect map for the first time in my life , tornado shotting a small white pack to see how much damage it would do to me (not the wisest thing to do). Needless to say rip level 84 for no reason. Was running a kintsugi and it worked out really well. While this may not be able to do end game bosses, so are most non specific high cost builds , it was really really fun and if you play hardcore properly you shouldnt die on the rest of the content normally unless you get touched by god or malachai slammed or so.
Hi Lifting,
Thanks for all your guides, they are awesome and a pleasure to run.

i was following a guide based on crit Ice shot / blast rain but turned out it's a glass canon build and it kinda didn't worked in the end in HC

So i was wondering, for an Ice shot build, would it be ok to follow this LA build and just change the skill shot or would it require some deeper changes ( in passive tree / ascendancy)

Thanks a lot ;)
"
shikaizoku wrote:

I've been running an alternative version of this with Death Opus as my main weapon , LA as my aoe and Tornado shot as my single target , it had big success up until i killed myself to stupidity running a phys reflect map for the first time in my life , tornado shotting a small white pack to see how much damage it would do to me (not the wisest thing to do). Needless to say rip level 84 for no reason. Was running a kintsugi and it worked out really well. While this may not be able to do end game bosses, so are most non specific high cost builds , it was really really fun and if you play hardcore properly you shouldnt die on the rest of the content normally unless you get touched by god or malachai slammed or so.

Yeah, Death's Opus is insane for TS. Life based builds are pretty weak for HC right now so it's really not even close to being "HC" viable unless your plan is to farm Dried Lake or low tier maps all day which is fine.
I hope someone can tell me what upgrade would be good for me next :)

Gear:

Thanks in advance for any help and for this awesome guide!
Last edited by mchang on Jan 5, 2017, 7:40:59 AM
why ice golem gem lvl 2 only ??
"
mchang wrote:

Gear:

Hi man! Could you help me out a bit? I'm leveling this build too, currently lvl70 and I really like it so far, although I don't have unique items that you do. My question is: should I buy them? I have enough currency and I'd like to invest it into a good build. Is the build viable? I'd like to take mapping more seriously for the first time and was wondering if this is the build I should go with? Thanks! <3

edit:
This is my current bow. What do you think about it, is Doomfletch worth buying here?
Spoiler
Last edited by filipcarina on Jan 6, 2017, 1:41:02 AM
"
filipcarina wrote:
"
mchang wrote:

Gear:

Hi man! Could you help me out a bit? I'm leveling this build too, currently lvl70 and I really like it so far, although I don't have unique items that you do. My question is: should I buy them? I have enough currency and I'd like to invest it into a good build. Is the build viable? I'd like to take mapping more seriously for the first time and was wondering if this is the build I should go with? Thanks! <3

edit:
This is my current bow. What do you think about it, is Doomfletch worth buying here?
Spoiler

Yes, you should still consider it greatly. The critical chance and the 110% elemental damage off of the phys damage and the elemental boost is what makes this the bow of choice
"
T5309 wrote:
Yes, you should still consider it greatly. The critical chance and the 110% elemental damage off of the phys damage and the elemental boost is what makes this the bow of choice

Thanks man, looking forward to playing this build !
Hi I was wondering why you chose to go the onslaught instead of the phasing path on the ascendancy tree? It seems to me that the extra 40% ele damage as well as dodge chance would be useful, no? Thank you for a great build nonetheless
Hi this guide is confusing me much more after not playing a lot of month than being helpful because you say its a LA guide and you also pointed out how to link the gems in the equippment but then you have no Lightning Arrow...instead you running with Tornadoshot? Now please explain that to a beginner :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info