[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Hi Lifting,

I am just new to the game having started mid last week. Before starting and while the game was downloading I read up on classes and decided to roll a hunter, and also to give this build a go as it seemed such a comprehensive guide for a newbie. Everything is so clearly explained making it a very accessible guide.

For example, as a new player I would never have realised how effective the Doomfletch Prism is, just by looking at the raw stats - and having played these types of games before I do know the paper DPS is often meaningless. Anyway I got myself one and cant believe how quick the mobs melt, and I am only really halfway to having all the correct setup as per your guide.

The only real issue I have right now is suvivability, my resistances are really tanking and I get one shotted by damage reflect. I have equipped one Sybil's lament in the left slot (reduced elemental reflect) and was thinking of equipping another in the right slot (reduced physical reflect), but this will mean two rings with zero resistances (excluding reflect) on them so not sure if that's a good strategy? The main issue in improving my resistances is finding gear that has good resists and also the sockets I need. I was wondering if there are any other avenues I can pursue to improve my resistances until I find better gear? I an currently level 65 in Act 2 of merciless.

Anyway, this guide has made my life so much easier so far, and I really just wanted to say thank you and great job.

Best wishes,

Britan

Last edited by britan on Feb 2, 2017, 11:48:43 PM
Great guide and build, thanks for posting this Lifting. I got a Doomfletch on my SSF account and went for this build, and has been my most successful one on this account yet. Hoping to gear up and be able to take on Uber Izaro, but it seems I'll be in one shot range regardless of my gear.
Hi, I'm wondering if we can use Blasphemy instead of Curse on Hit to make the curse and aura? Or would they give the same effectiveness?
Hi guys,

Just wondering - what sort of HP's do most of you guys have by the time you hit mid 80's?

I am at around 3100, and it really seems low - I can die very quickly with resists maxed in merciless. I have followed the passive guide in setting skill points. My gear is mostly similar with some differences as to be expected. Just wondering if maybe Ive missed something important or made a mistake along the way.

Hearing what HPs other have might help get a feel for how far off tune I might be.

Cheers

EDIT: (Update)

Watching the youtube video guide (thanks again OP) I see I have at least a thousand lower HP, being lvl 85 and have only done normal and cruel ascendency I still have a few passives to add - but its hard to see that going a long way to making up the gap. Allowing for differences in gear, I seem at least 600 HP or more short. Is there a way I can post my passive sheet just to see if more experienced/better players can spot where Im going wrong? I've gone through it and cant see any glaring omissions in survivability choices. One thing, I dont have vaal pact yet - could that make a such a difference in total static HP, I didnt think so from its attributes?

EDit (2): After tweaking all the life passives I could see that were within reach I am now at 3770, in the video Lifting (thx again mate) is running at 4,600 so I still have some more to find. Resists all maxed. Have 70's life rolls on rings x 2 and ammy. Chest is Queen of Forest, Head is Rat's Nest and quiver is Drillneck - not much life between those, but theyre all supposedly good for this build, and chest makes up for life with nice evasive boost? Slitherpinch gloves (nice evasive boost) and Windscream boots which enable a nice double curse setup and help get me to the max resists. I was sure I must have mucked up somewhere in the passives but still cant find anything obvious. Maybe its partially in the points I havent gotten yet being 85 and only two ascendancy done. One the positive side everything melts fast in either of the two modes I use (pure ele lightening spec /w Doomfletch Prism as per this guide, and a slightly modified gem fitout and using Reach of the Council, just to change it up for fun and experiment as first chara and so very new to game).

Cheers again - all ideas or advice gratefuly accepted
Last edited by britan on Feb 17, 2017, 4:52:18 PM
"
britan wrote:
Hi guys,

Just wondering - what sort of HP's do most of you guys have by the time you hit mid 80's?

I am at around 3100, and it really seems low - I can die very quickly with resists maxed in merciless. I have followed the passive guide in setting skill points. My gear is mostly similar with some differences as to be expected. Just wondering if maybe Ive missed something important or made a mistake along the way.

Hearing what HPs other have might help get a feel for how far off tune I might be.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm just levelling this build up at the moment - but your life is definitely way too low. I would expect that with ok-ish gear you should be 4k+, and with good gear 5k is a reasonable target. You can still get one shot at this level ... so this isn't a tanky build. Without spending time looking over your gear I would just say look for as much life on your gear as you can. Cap resistances, then life if the next most important stat. You can't kill anything if you're dead :)

At your level you should be looking for 100+ life on your main life gear rolls ... when you multiply this up by the life points in skill trees the difference of each life point on gear can be 2-3 times when it gets to your life pool. Every little helps!
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
britan wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Hi,

I'm just levelling this build up at the moment - but your life is definitely way too low. I would expect that with ok-ish gear you should be 4k+, and with good gear 5k is a reasonable target. You can still get one shot at this level ... so this isn't a tanky build. Without spending time looking over your gear I would just say look for as much life on your gear as you can. Cap resistances, then life if the next most important stat. You can't kill anything if you're dead :)

At your level you should be looking for 100+ life on your main life gear rolls ... when you multiply this up by the life points in skill trees the difference of each life point on gear can be 2-3 times when it gets to your life pool. Every little helps!

Hi ZedZed, In reply and also adding to my second edit/update in first post (above). I want to add that even tho Im not sure what to do just yet, I do respect and appreciate all answers, so thank you.

I am sure I need to be doing something different, just havent worked out yet how to best get my HP up without really stuffing up everything else, with all my gear sort of balanced for sockets and so on.

Thats what I like about this game (so far - I havent even played for a month yet) compared to any ARPG I've played, it's the closest I've played to genuinely having the depth of an MMOROG (eg EQ UO and all those others that copied them) ie there's no easy answers and you cant just spend and solve - changing one item can throw everything else out of balance as well. So yeah, I havent worked out yet how to get another 1K HP without a complete overhaul.

Wish I knew how to link a profile of my current fitout for feedback :-)

EDIT (Update):

I am at 4200 HP (still with max resists and evade now 48% and working on that as well). I still have a few slots that I can further improve when I get better gear so I should be able to push that up by another several hundred or so. I am def doing much better, and amongst other things have added a decoy totem which is helpful for me, with my slower reflexes/responses (compared to better players), especially fighting bosses.

Its all a learning game for me. For example I didnt realise until yesterday that we can add mods to some rares, and I now have all the benches in my hideout and tweaking a couple of rings made a huge difference. I also tweaked quite a few passives, eg I still had Essense Sap from following the sequential passive examples, and forgot I needed to delete it later until I re-watched the vid.

Anyway I have used up more than enough of this forum! So thx for reading and good luck everyone :-)
Last edited by britan on Feb 19, 2017, 2:14:23 AM
After clearing uber lab dozens of times and clearing t15s, I'm finding this one of the best builds I've ever played in terms of hitting that sweet spot with clear speed and defenses. On this self-found account I've gotten further than or any other build. If anyone finds the prophecy in the upcoming SSF leagues, I highly recommend going for it. It'll allow you to clear maps so fast and gain items/currency for future characters.

However, if I was playing non-ssf, I'd go Inquisitor with Lionseye fall jewel and Atziri's Acuity. High tier bosses can take some time as a Ranger, which taking longer usually equals more danger as well.
Probably a dumb question - but what's the prophecy?

Thx
Bumpity BUmp for my Tryout Build for the Legacy League.

Good Stuff Brother
Hey There. u Still active to anwser Stuff about this Build?

I just wanna know why all the Elemental Damage Nodes are Ignored? Damage + Penetrating Resists seems really strong for this Build. Or am i missing something that i see wrong?

Im talking about "Force of Nature and Primeval Force" here.

and PS: Ur Second Starting Node 16% increased Phys Damage seems like an absolute Waste doesnt it? Why not Regret it and add something better?
Last edited by MasterK18 on Mar 5, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info