[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Jirai wrote:
Hi this guide is confusing me much more after not playing a lot of month than being helpful because you say its a LA guide and you also pointed out how to link the gems in the equippment but then you have no Lightning Arrow...instead you running with Tornadoshot? Now please explain that to a beginner :P

If you pay closer attention you can see it says "(Ignore the socketed gems)" next to "My current gear" section of the guide.
"
BlueGhostU wrote:
Hi I was wondering why you chose to go the onslaught instead of the phasing path on the ascendancy tree? It seems to me that the extra 40% ele damage as well as dodge chance would be useful, no? Thank you for a great build nonetheless

Note to all those people asking about Raider: it has since changed! This build is NOT up to date
"
Fatal_Oath wrote:

Note to all those people asking about Raider: it has since changed! This build is NOT up to date

is there a better guide for 2.5?
Is there an HC optimized build for this? I played it on SC, and it seems to lack the survivability for hardcore, but I'm not entirely sure. Any advice?
I've been following this guide diligently but I have a question about the bow.
The Golem Song is the bow I'm currently using, but as per the guide, I purchased the doomfletch prism bow. I realised that my tooltip dps as well as the Offense info displayed in the character screen both decreased by approx 50%.

Can I get some advice whether the bow I am using is actually better than the doomfletch prism or is there some hidden dps I am not aware of
the stats of both bows are as follows.

Golem Song Stats

vs
Doomfletch Prism Stats

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DanielTanTK on Jan 15, 2017, 6:53:20 AM
Your Doomfletch does more damage. Tooltip doesn't always take all damage into account, and for Doomfletch it doesn't take the 110% of each element into account.

So simple math would just be to take your damage and multiply it by 4.4. So 2132 x 4.4 = 9380.8 on average.
Quick question - why Blast Rain over Frenzy? I know tooltips aren't reliable, but Frenzy has a way higher tooltip for single-target, fills up our frenzy charges consistently (in party sometimes I have trouble getting the kills), and seems to do more damage. Our AOE is sick no matter what - what's the advantage of blast rain over Frenzy? Is the tooltip lying even more than usual? Blast rain is 1.8k, Frenzy is 3.2k, and that's before frenzy charges or an optimal setup (I'm not recoloring my bow until I figure this one out, so I have Increased Critical Damage instead of Pierce in my frenzy set).

EDIT: 4.4k tooltip with pierce and added fire damage instead of increased critical damage and concentrated effect. Clear speed is substantially better.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Jan 28, 2017, 6:24:43 PM
"
Uragami wrote:
Your Doomfletch does more damage. Tooltip doesn't always take all damage into account, and for Doomfletch it doesn't take the 110% of each element into account.

So simple math would just be to take your damage and multiply it by 4.4. So 2132 x 4.4 = 9380.8 on average.

It's not just that, the 110% also get multiplier from %ele damage with weapons % ele damage and % projectile damage... so it's well over 9380
IGN gubert
Last edited by Gubert on Jan 29, 2017, 9:58:33 AM
"
Quick question - why Blast Rain over Frenzy? I know tooltips aren't reliable, but Frenzy has a way higher tooltip for single-target, fills up our frenzy charges consistently (in party sometimes I have trouble getting the kills), and seems to do more damage. Our AOE is sick no matter what - what's the advantage of blast rain over Frenzy? Is the tooltip lying even more than usual? Blast rain is 1.8k, Frenzy is 3.2k, and that's before frenzy charges or an optimal setup (I'm not recoloring my bow until I figure this one out, so I have Increased Critical Damage instead of Pierce in my frenzy set).

EDIT: 4.4k tooltip with pierce and added fire damage instead of increased critical damage and concentrated effect. Clear speed is substantially better.

Hey, did you make any changes to the skill tree? I'm thinking about switching to frenzy as well.
"
filipcarina wrote:
"

Hey, did you make any changes to the skill tree? I'm thinking about switching to frenzy as well.

Yeah, I took points out of DPS (mostly in the Assassin tree) and picked up the Scion health nodes. I'm... not sure it was worth it, TBH. I still don't feel very tanky at 5K health, and I'm still not doing enough single target in high-level maps. :/
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info