[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Toots wrote:
I'm completely self-found, level 56 and just entered Act 4 cruel. My gear is just barely minimal. I do have maxxed resists (except chaos). Nonetheless, I've had little trouble so far with this build.

I do have the following comments:

1) It would be helpful if you put the flask recommendations in the build instead of simply in the comments section.

2) It would be helpful if you commented in the build the best level for gems, particularly support gems. I found this build to be very mana hungry, running Hatred and Herald of Ash. I actually took a jewel node to pop in a mana jewel to help and stopped leveling my support gems. A few comments on how to manage mana and the best level for your support gems would be very welcome.

I started off with Siege Ballista and Fire Arrow, until I replaced FA with LA. I like to use Siege Ballista because it has high range, attracts mobs and is fairly durable. When mobbed, I'll pop out Siege, Blink away and lay down fire. I find this works fairly well, even with bosses, who will often target the ballista with their heavy attacks. While running and dodging Dominus in his first incarnation, SB pretty much takes him down, while I clean up the adds. After the change, I just tanked him in Cruel, beating on him with Blast Rain.

I also had no difficulty getting through Normal Labyrinth at level 51 with this build and my current gear.

Looking forward to getting a decent mid-game bow and seeing what this build can really do.

Did you pick up Essence Sap? This should completely eliminate any mana issues you have, unless you are reserving too much mana with auras.

All your support gems needs to be max level. It is only the active skill-gems linked to CWDT that needs to be restricted.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
What do you think about the unique jewel Intuitive Leap?

I was thinking about taking the jewel slot right above the Acrobatics intead of one of the others in your build and putting that unique jewel in there so I can have Pierce for only 1 points. Any comments?
May I ask why you go for a phys bow instead of an ele bow?
I see some other LA builds that use an ele bow instead, so I was wondering why :)
Last edited by Misycs on Mar 26, 2016, 1:54:29 PM
May i ask how i get the frenzy stacks?? I´m new to the game... Please answer.
"

Using blood rage http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Rage
"

Way of the Poacher. The first 2 ascendancy points for the Raider.
Hey Lifting,

Quick question, I'm now 82 and spec'd out of Essence Sap and went into the one point of Life Leech and now having mana issues and having to constantly pot. Is this the playstyle or am I missing some form of mana leech once spec'd out? I ask only because without it I go OOM fairly quickly.
sLibs, yeah first time I switched out of Essence Sap, I had trouble with mana as well, but then I bought a ~300 dps bow and it became ok. My LA tooltip was about 8000 at the time, maybe you're having the same issue.

Guys seriously, stop asking about Frenzy charges and rtfm... :D

I'm having a lot of trouble with phys reflect maps, and just not doing them for now. I guess having a Lightning Coils is mandatory, but they are just too expensive at the moment.
"
sLibs wrote:
Hey Lifting,

Quick question, I'm now 82 and spec'd out of Essence Sap and went into the one point of Life Leech and now having mana issues and having to constantly pot. Is this the playstyle or am I missing some form of mana leech once spec'd out? I ask only because without it I go OOM fairly quickly.

You need to spec into both the life and the mana/life node mate :)
Thanks for the feedback Lifting/Balbafu. I must have skipped that one, theoretically what you're suggesting is the 0.4% leech is enough to sustain if you have a high enough phys bow. Will do some maps tonight and see how I go.

Just a tip for others you can pick up a cheap Lioneye's Glare bow for 1c~ if you're not wanting to invest too heavily. I purchased a 378phys bow to compare to my 303 Lioneye's Glare and it didn't come close to the DPS! In saying this the 378 phys bow wasn't optimized with the mods whereas the glare has a a higher atk speed and phys boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info