[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
FlooKy wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4bchtb/having_a_hard_time_this_season_some_tips_would_be/

Got to be honest, wish i'd followed another guide.... perandus / this guide have been a huge disapointment

I can understand reading from your Reddit thread that this could be a disappointment. To Both FlooKy & LiftingNerd I don't think this is a reflection on the guide itself I personally think it's concise and easy to follow. Coming from a Dual Flame Totem'er myself the play style is completely different and while you might not have been 'satisfied' in that sense, it doesn't mean it's a bad guide by any means. I've also died a few times using this guide but it's due to my own stupidity. LiftingNerd does well to explain what needs to be explained without the thread being flooded with superfluous information.

In terms of progression I found it quite easy with a little trouble with single target DPS. I used Arrow Rain until about 53 (5-link) where I then switched up my bow to high phys. I found this pretty optimum to level and progress, only now is it slowing down (55+). Feel free to comment about this I'd love to hear what you guys did and what worked/didn't.

In short you like what you like and if this isn't the play style (including progression rate) then maybe you should go back to the play style that you enjoy.

+1 on guide.
Level 77 atm, was having all sorts of issues when I didn't have an upgraded bow. I was using some okay self found rares to hold me over after death's harp but I eventually picked up a 290 dps one and I can kind of kill most things with LA(gmp/chain/faster attacks) before they get to me. Single target is great even with blast rain only linked to conc effect, I highly recommend it if you don't have any other sockets.

This build NEEDS Phase acrobatics. Taking acrobatics by itself is not good anymore. Build is a 6/10.
doublepost
Last edited by XxXMemeloverxXx on Mar 23, 2016, 12:25:02 AM
"
FlooKy wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4bchtb/having_a_hard_time_this_season_some_tips_would_be/

Got to be honest, wish i'd followed another guide.... perandus / this guide have been a huge disapointment

Lol level 60, blaming build for being shit at it. I play self found and roflcopter 10+ maps currently. If you dont play self found you should be able to easily level up to 80 by buying decent bows. I really dont know how you could have a hard time progressing with this build it's super easy...

If you just dont like the playstyle dont come in here and blame lifting's build for it.

I also see you respond with Mathil's build in the reddit, that you like it and want to follow it. But that build implements a Voltaxic which costs 1 ex alone, it's pretty obvious that that will run better than this Beginner's build.
How do you guys deal with Chaos damage?

OP said that with good life+capped resistancesm chaos resist isn't necesary but some monsters are giving me a really hard time >_<
Last edited by CyberpuNx on Mar 23, 2016, 2:38:17 PM
"
Level 77 atm, was having all sorts of issues when I didn't have an upgraded bow. I was using some okay self found rares to hold me over after death's harp but I eventually picked up a 290 dps one and I can kind of kill most things with LA(gmp/chain/faster attacks) before they get to me. Single target is great even with blast rain only linked to conc effect, I highly recommend it if you don't have any other sockets.

This build NEEDS Phase acrobatics. Taking acrobatics by itself is not good anymore. Build is a 6/10.

I disagree. You rarely die from spell damage, neither do you need to deal with spell reflect. Those 4 points are better spent on more life.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
sLibs wrote:
"
FlooKy wrote:

I can understand reading from your Reddit thread that this could be a disappointment. To Both FlooKy & LiftingNerd I don't think this is a reflection on the guide itself I personally think it's concise and easy to follow. Coming from a Dual Flame Totem'er myself the play style is completely different and while you might not have been 'satisfied' in that sense, it doesn't mean it's a bad guide by any means. I've also died a few times using this guide but it's due to my own stupidity. LiftingNerd does well to explain what needs to be explained without the thread being flooded with superfluous information.

In terms of progression I found it quite easy with a little trouble with single target DPS. I used Arrow Rain until about 53 (5-link) where I then switched up my bow to high phys. I found this pretty optimum to level and progress, only now is it slowing down (55+). Feel free to comment about this I'd love to hear what you guys did and what worked/didn't.

In short you like what you like and if this isn't the play style (including progression rate) then maybe you should go back to the play style that you enjoy.

+1 on guide.

Glad you liked it and thank you for the kind feedback :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hi just got my hand on

I'm playing your split arrow build. Should i try to switch to LA with this bow ?

Current gear
Spoiler
---
Can I go Iron Reflex with this build?
I'm completely self-found, level 56 and just entered Act 4 cruel. My gear is just barely minimal. I do have maxxed resists (except chaos). Nonetheless, I've had little trouble so far with this build.

I do have the following comments:

1) It would be helpful if you put the flask recommendations in the build instead of simply in the comments section.

2) It would be helpful if you commented in the build the best level for gems, particularly support gems. I found this build to be very mana hungry, running Hatred and Herald of Ash. I actually took a jewel node to pop in a mana jewel to help and stopped leveling my support gems. A few comments on how to manage mana and the best level for your support gems would be very welcome.

I started off with Siege Ballista and Fire Arrow, until I replaced FA with LA. I like to use Siege Ballista because it has high range, attracts mobs and is fairly durable. When mobbed, I'll pop out Siege, Blink away and lay down fire. I find this works fairly well, even with bosses, who will often target the ballista with their heavy attacks. While running and dodging Dominus in his first incarnation, SB pretty much takes him down, while I clean up the adds. After the change, I just tanked him in Cruel, beating on him with Blast Rain.

I also had no difficulty getting through Normal Labyrinth at level 51 with this build and my current gear.

Looking forward to getting a decent mid-game bow and seeing what this build can really do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info