[2.3 Video Guide] Inquisitor's FREEZE Arc Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

"
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Ironmonster wrote:
Little question how is this build dealing with boss encounters like merc Labyrinth?

I´ve had some issues with it until i switched to MoM without EB.

These were the ones that I noticed most:

Izaro greens orbs of doom hit me from offscreen. I have 1500/3000 hp left and no ES to cast anything until it recharges like 2 sec later. In that time i´m a sitting duck and theres nothing i can do.

Also power charge generation its impossible to keep them up and you cant curse the boss either.
Vaal Stormcall also does not work at that fight.

How do you deal with high hp reflect mobs ? One crit and it stop your casting because you have no ES which is good then you regen it from LL and after the third hit you notice no HP left and start panic potting. Reflect Maps are also most likely not really possible with it?

You're wondering about the same thing I've been asking, hopefully Lifting will answer soon so we can work through these questionmarks. I'd hate to have to remake my templar.

I mean, mana regen way of the age old Arc Witch build had similar issues. Taking damage made you have 0 mana for Arc and left you unable to attack and worse yet, warp away. But with enough regen and a mana flash maybe, you could manage it. With EB/GR though, you can't really do that, once your ES is down, you can't cast to leech, you're stuck waiting for it to regen itself while dodging any hits that would interrupt that.

There is a few ways you can do this.

1. Use Zealots Oath + Stone golem. This will give you some insane amounts of ES regen.

2. Get more ES - you need about 2500 for tier 12 maps+

3. Use blood magic with Whirling blades to prevent it from stopping the shield from regenerating :)

Thanks for your answer, Lifting! Already using Stone Golem but I use it because the life regen is your only source of life in this build, putting that on ES as well leaves just flasks, meaning pretty much suicide.

One major question though: Why did you choose to go for EB/GR in this build, instead of the regular max mana/regen path most Arc builds usually take?

Not criticising btw! I'm using it myself right now and it's great. I'm just wondering because you may be a genius and I'm just being a dumbass. What's your reasoning? :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Mar 9, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
Correct me if I´m wrong but with Zealots Oath the only way to regain life is to pot. Which works when you are blazing trough maps but not on a bossfight like Izaro.

MoM with mana has a similar issue but you can get around it with instant hybrid/mana flasks.
Why this is not working? Wrath, Arctic Armor, CWDT (lvl 1) & Flame Golem (lvl 2) ? Even if I combine only CWDT and Flame Golem or CWDT and Arctic Armor ?
Last edited by Tomka58 on Mar 9, 2016, 3:27:11 PM
"
Tomka58 wrote:
Why this is not working? Wrath, Arctic Armor, CWDT (lvl 1) & Flame Golem (lvl 2) ? Even if I combine only CWDT and Flame Golem or CWDT and Arctic Armor ?

You don't link auras to CWDT, just the golem. And it should work, it will summon as soon as you've reached the necessary damage taken threshold.

Nice guide! I'm currently level 75 in HC. Like some others who have commented, I've struggled with power charge upkeep with Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit, as well as single target DPS, but I may have found a solution.

I found HoI + CoH to be extremely unreliable (outside of Dried Lake, etc.), especially during boss encounters when I would have liked to self-cast Assassin's Mark. Power charge upkeep was also problematic, so I tried to figure out a way to swap Curse on Hit for Power Charge on Crit with Herald of Ice, which is much more reliable and also allows you to self-cast your curse.

The problem with PCoC is the 110% mana multiplier, which made it impossible to run HoI + Wrath + AA, or so I thought. I spent a couple of Regrets and used two points to spec into the 4% Reduced Mana Reservation node to the left of our life/chaos resist area, and now I'm able to run all auras with PCoC and self-cast Assassin's Mark, with the possibility of switching to other curses like Warlord's Mark for elemental reflect maps (although I haven't tested this yet).

As for single-target DPS, I swapped Vaal Storm Call for a regular Storm Call, because it can be used anytime and doesn't require souls, and since I use it for single-target I linked it to Conc Effect, Increased Crit Strikes & Crit Damage (still experimenting to find the best setup).

Thoughts? And thanks again for the awesome build!
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Tomka58 wrote:

You don't link auras to CWDT, just the golem. And it should work, it will summon as soon as you've reached the necessary damage taken threshold.

Are you sure yr golem isnt overleveled so not cast by CWDT
How to I use Whirling blades, Arctic armor or Herald of ice when they all require dexterity and i dont have any, not to mention Whirling blades requiers a dagger, a claw or a sword to use which all require dexterity. I'm lvl 30+ templar atm and I am very confused.
"
Argonous wrote:
How to I use Whirling blades, Arctic armor or Herald of ice when they all require dexterity and i dont have any, not to mention Whirling blades requiers a dagger, a claw or a sword to use which all require dexterity. I'm lvl 30+ templar atm and I am very confused.

Get dexterity on your gear, the 30+ notables in the skill-tree or mastercraft it :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I don't realy get why you would pick up Storm Weaver (4 points in the left upper part of the tree), instead of Crackling Speed ( 4 points right part of the tree).
It is more dmg, cast speed and crit multi.
"
I don't realy get why you would pick up Storm Weaver (4 points in the left upper part of the tree), instead of Crackling Speed ( 4 points right part of the tree).
It is more dmg, cast speed and crit multi.

Because when you have Call of the Brotherhood, you do both Lightning and Cold damage, which that passive node gives both, so you double dip on the damage node. Without Call, Crackling is superior for sure. Personally, I prefer both though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info