[2.3 Video Guide] Inquisitor's FREEZE Arc Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Answering questions tonight guys. If you feel like it, come say hello on www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro I will be streaming in an hour or so :)

Nice, thanks! Will be looking forward to your answers.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Hey Lifting.
Thx 4 the guide.
But I have one question regarding the 5-link-setup:
What do think about the "improved" "increased critical strikes" - skill gem instead of "added lightning damage"?
"
BigChef wrote:
Hey Lifting.
Thx 4 the guide.
What do think about the "improved" "increased critical strikes" - skill gem instead of "added lightning damage"?

I know I'm not Lifting and it's not my build, but I can give you my thoughts until Lifting has time to reply.

Simply put, it adds less DPS. At a certain point in the build, especially late 90s, you will have so much critical strike chance that adding more to it, only very marginally increases your actual DPS.

Multiplier support gem would be a better option, but even that is still inferior to added lightning, because again, you already have such a massive multiplier on crits from passives and gear, and added lightning dips into the damage passives you take along the way, improving your base spell hits AND your crits.

When it comes to achieving the highest DPS in Path of Exile, it's not just about stacking one stat up to godly numbers, like crit. Crits are nothing if they are not supported by solid base damage. Balance them out. :)

"

Can you give short recap here on forums, or link to VOD?
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
BigChef wrote:
Hey Lifting.
Thx 4 the guide.

I know I'm not Lifting and it's not my build, but I can give you my thoughts until Lifting has time to reply.

Simply put, it adds less DPS. At a certain point in the build, especially late 90s, you will have so much critical strike chance that adding more to it, only very marginally increases your actual DPS.

Multiplier support gem would be a better option, but even that is still inferior to added lightning, because again, you already have such a massive multiplier on crits from passives and gear, and added lightning dips into the damage passives you take along the way, improving your base spell hits AND your crits.

When it comes to achieving the highest DPS in Path of Exile, it's not just about stacking one stat up to godly numbers, like crit. Crits are nothing if they are not supported by solid base damage. Balance them out. :)

Since Increased Critical Strikes gives base crit now, I feel that it's much better than Added Lightning or even Faster Casting. Lvl 20 give 1.9% base crit which ends up giving you around 40% MORE crit chance. With that you can hit pretty high crit chance which is absolutely crazy with the Inevitable Judgement. Lower tooltip but clear speed seems faster.

I have 68.5% crit chance with 6 PC and non-optimal gear so you can get it even higher.
Spoiler
Last edited by EternalSceptic on Mar 8, 2016, 12:18:28 PM
"
Since Increased Critical Strikes gives base crit now, I feel that it's much better than Added Lightning or even Faster Casting. Lvl 20 give 1.9% base crit which ends up giving you around 40% MORE crit chance. With that you can hit pretty high crit chance which is absolutely crazy with the Inevitable Judgement. Lower tooltip but clear speed seems faster.

I have 68.5% crit chance with 6 PC and non-optimal gear so you can get it even higher.
Spoiler

If that's true then you're right, and it is better than Added Lightning, I was still in the mindset of the old crit gems that just had additive percentages that didn't really do much. My bad. :)

My DPS is still higher with Added Lightning than with Critical Chance though.

Last edited by Xavathos on Mar 8, 2016, 3:21:26 PM
How do you regain health?

One prob i had with high arc dps before was 1 shotting myself from reflect
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
How do you regain health?

One prob i had with high arc dps before was 1 shotting myself from reflect

Hopefully Lifting will elaborate soon on this.

Thx guys 4 the answers.
Gonna try ics-gem. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info