[2.3 Video Guide] Inquisitor's FREEZE Arc Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

I am stuck.

I am at piety cruel - she keeps me hitting me every 2-3sec and draining all my energy shield so i cant literally shoot any arc or anything.

I feel quite helpless.. she is draining my source of casting so i just end up running out of life pots as I am not damaging her..

am i missing some mechanic? how do i protect my energy shield so i have resources to cast?
I suggest you somehow use the following gems to "fix" some of the issues this build currently has:

Orb of Storm + Curse on Hit + Warlord Mark + Power Charge on Crit

This fixes:

Not beeing able to cast because you got one big hit and no ES left (assuming you dropped it down)
Keeping Powercharges up for bossfights
Possibly freeing up a LL gem for increased critical strikes gem

And even provides additional DPS from the orb.

Also if you do this build dont switch to early to EB if you dont have enough ES and/or the dmg needed for leeching enough ES to continue casting trough incoming dmg.

"
jacket882 wrote:
I am stuck.

I am at piety cruel - she keeps me hitting me every 2-3sec and draining all my energy shield so i cant literally shoot any arc or anything.

I feel quite helpless.. she is draining my source of casting so i just end up running out of life pots as I am not damaging her..

am i missing some mechanic? how do i protect my energy shield so i have resources to cast?

You most likely specced into EB/MoM/GR too early.

If you have trouble sustaining the cost of Arc via your energy shield, I'd recommend temporarily speccing into Zealot's Oath (skill-tree close to the templar) and using the Stone Golem. Using these two together, greatly increases ES regen. This shouldn't be necessary for end-game though!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
jacket882 wrote:
I am stuck.

You could do what Lifting suggested, or you could simply spec out of EB/GR and MoM until you have a good pool of ES.

How much is a good pool of ES? Well, since MoM takes 30% of the damage you take from your ES, it would be a good idea to keep your ES in at least a 70-30 ratio with your life total. Preferably more.

This guarantees that you won't run out of ES from taking hits, unless you uh.. die, or flask like crazy but if you're doing that you're probably also spamming Arc on something and leeching ES too. It just gives you a buffer that should keep you up high enough for both MoM and cast all the time, in theory.

Good luck. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
how do you sustain life?

i want to follow the build but am worried about life regen etc

do you get life from pots?
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
how do you sustain life?

All that is perfectly explained in the build video.
"
eebertay wrote:
how do you sustain life?

Please check the video mate. It should explain everything :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Nice guide! I'm currently level 75 in HC. Like some others who have commented, I've struggled with power charge upkeep with Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit, as well as single target DPS, but I may have found a solution.

I found HoI + CoH to be extremely unreliable (outside of Dried Lake, etc.), especially during boss encounters when I would have liked to self-cast Assassin's Mark. Power charge upkeep was also problematic, so I tried to figure out a way to swap Curse on Hit for Power Charge on Crit with Herald of Ice, which is much more reliable and also allows you to self-cast your curse.

The problem with PCoC is the 110% mana multiplier, which made it impossible to run HoI + Wrath + AA, or so I thought. I spent a couple of Regrets and used two points to spec into the 4% Reduced Mana Reservation node to the left of our life/chaos resist area, and now I'm able to run all auras with PCoC and self-cast Assassin's Mark, with the possibility of switching to other curses like Warlord's Mark for elemental reflect maps (although I haven't tested this yet).

As for single-target DPS, I swapped Vaal Storm Call for a regular Storm Call, because it can be used anytime and doesn't require souls, and since I use it for single-target I linked it to Conc Effect, Increased Crit Strikes & Crit Damage (still experimenting to find the best setup).

Thoughts? And thanks again for the awesome build!

PCoC doesn't work with HoI as HoI doesn't crit so this setup isn't possible!
BigKnox
;
Last edited by DwightSchrute35 on Dec 26, 2019, 3:15:22 PM
"
Because when you have Call of the Brotherhood, you do both Lightning and Cold damage, which that passive node gives both, so you double dip on the damage node. Without Call, Crackling is superior for sure. Personally, I prefer both though.

Ah i see i forgott about that, but did you do the math, is it actually more damage when you have the ring ?
btw. why cant i use life gain on hit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info