[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

So it's a nice build guide and all but i'm starting to get a tad puzzled when we reach the place where we got to take the zealots oath and the 2 other major components to the shield absorbing, i don't see the point in having the zealots oath since we basically have no life regen in the first place and i also don't understand how we are supposed to keep out energy shield up all the time, are we expected to have vaal disciplin up and running all the time or something, because the downtime of the shield regen after casting an ability seems to pretty much keep me from regenerating at all, currently standing at 2.2k hp and 900 shield. But even with more shield at our disposal it would still end up in the same that our shield and mana gets drained by 3 hits and then no more totems. So either i do something completely wrong or you just need to have 5k hp and 25k shield to do maps i suppose.
"
nanukotu wrote:
So it's a nice build guide and all but i'm starting to get a tad puzzled when we reach the place where we got to take the zealots oath and the 2 other major components to the shield absorbing, i don't see the point in having the zealots oath since we basically have no life regen in the first place and i also don't understand how we are supposed to keep out energy shield up all the time, are we expected to have vaal disciplin up and running all the time or something, because the downtime of the shield regen after casting an ability seems to pretty much keep me from regenerating at all, currently standing at 2.2k hp and 900 shield. But even with more shield at our disposal it would still end up in the same that our shield and mana gets drained by 3 hits and then no more totems. So either i do something completely wrong or you just need to have 5k hp and 25k shield to do maps i suppose.

You keep up your shield/regen with ZA + Stone golem :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
One more question for you lifting!

Obviously crit is huge and one of most important stats... That why dagger is used over wand. However now with the change of implicits on wands being able to go to 40% spell dmg just as implicit...

Do you think a good wand would be better than a dagger?

I am unsure if 40% spell damage would be 80% global crit, if it does not, what about 60% and 40%?
so changes that i have made to the build so far is to use 2 points to pick up 4 percent less reserved mana for aura;s and grabbed an alpha howl sinners tricorne this allows me to run hatred, disciple, and herald of ash.

*silly error*
Last edited by Penguian on Jun 7, 2016, 12:05:10 PM
This is the build I'll be going, first time doing totem so this will be fun. Do you think Hierophant is a better choice for hardcore?
Thx for this very nice guide. Destroying everything with 4l lvl61.

Was trying out assassins mark + blasphemy +

And it works i was generating power charges only problem i beleve was my crit chance because sometimes mobs was staying on 1hp for long time so i changed for

"
macristo wrote:
This is the build I'll be going, first time doing totem so this will be fun. Do you think Hierophant is a better choice for hardcore?

Absolutely not, Inquisitor is the way to go here bro! :)
Currently running this on HC prophecy.
Works like a charm, only problem i have is i'm not that fond of Zealot's Oath.
So an alternative i'm using atm is this

This flask together with enduring cry + stone golem gives me 100% uptime on my ES(mana).

All together a very nice build.
For people wanting to experiment

Moonbender together with phys to light gem converts all damage to elemental so your crits do pure damage.
Downside to this is that you give up quite some tankiness.
"
OppaHyuna wrote:
Currently running this on HC prophecy.
Works like a charm, only problem i have is i'm not that fond of Zealot's Oath.
So an alternative i'm using atm is this

This flask together with enduring cry + stone golem gives me 100% uptime on my ES(mana).

All together a very nice build.
For people wanting to experiment

Moonbender together with phys to light gem converts all damage to elemental so your crits do pure damage.
Downside to this is that you give up quite some tankiness.

I like the idea of using the flask! :)
Am I missing something about this build? Our only way of life recovery is through flasks but we're not running Surgeon's or anything else that would be able to give us flask charges WITHOUT killing mobs. I'm constantly running out of flask charges and dying(in the cases where its a prolonged fight a.k.a most harder map boss fights).
Last edited by bida2 on Jun 9, 2016, 4:39:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info