[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

I tried doing Atziri for the first time... RIPPED many times vs the three exiles bosses. How are we supposed to do big bosses when we are melee? Tips please :) maybe I'm just bad
In a Duelist build you should probably not suggest an Ascendancy for your Marauder version as the preferred choice.
This is the first char on which I'm actually playing this game seriously (got two low level chars that are months and years old). This guide has been very helpful and it wa sa blast to level this char.
However, I've started mapping a while ago and am starting to hit a wall because I can't really take any hits. I need to kite almost every boss from tier 5 maps onward which reduces my dps immensely due to having to constantly replace the warchief totem and i can only occasionally throw in an earthquake. Just now I ran a Raceway map and the boss was consistently oneshotting me, I couldn't kill it before I ran out of portals.

I have 3.8k HP, 6.5k armor and capped resist (except Chaos). I assume this is too low, but I don't know how to improve this gear wise, I tried to get as many HP rolls as possible without losing the capped resistances.
This is my gear:

Can anyone help a newbie out?
Last edited by Inkaflare on Sep 19, 2016, 11:45:07 AM
"
Inkaflare wrote:
This is the first char on which I'm actually playing this game seriously (got two low level chars that are months and years old). This guide has been very helpful and it wa sa blast to level this char.
However, I've started mapping a while ago and am starting to hit a wall because I can't really take any hits. I need to kite almost every boss from tier 5 maps onward which reduces my dps immensely due to having to constantly replace the warchief totem and i can only occasionally throw in an earthquake. Just now I ran a Raceway map and the boss was consistently oneshotting me, I couldn't kill it before I ran out of portals.

I have 3.8k HP, 6.5k armor and capped resist (except Chaos). I assume this is too low, but I don't know how to improve this gear wise, I tried to get as many HP rolls as possible without losing the capped resistances.
This is my gear:

Can anyone help a newbie out?

I was in the same situation yesterday and I tweaked my gears a lot. Rn I'm doing T7 maps easily I still die here and there when I'm caught off guard opening boxes and essences, but not that often. I found another guide with similar build that tells what you need in each piece of equipment:
Spoiler
skip to "LEVELING AND GEARING TIPS." (disregards ASPD and crit because we don't need 'em)https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1693015/page/1
Follow the guide and you'll be fine. I'd say that you need to upgrade all your gears:
ditch the helmet for higher life roll and res
the belt needs higher life roll and some armor
the shoes need more armor and life
the amulet: life! Always life

How your pots setup are also very important, so don't overlook those.

when you're shopping on Poe.trade, aim for 70+ life mods because you can get somewhat decent res and INT/DEX from crafting bench but shitty life rolls. Also pay attention to useless mods and the prefixes/suffixes count to make sure you can add mods that you need later on.
Feel free to check out my gear, and disregard unconnected gems. I'm leveling them up. It's not the best, but they're cheap and decent. I bought most of them for 1-3 chaos orbs, except for the Marohi Erqi. Current stats: 4.8k life, 8.9k armor, overcapped res, and 25% chaos res (which is not that important, by the way). I just got my first t8 map and gonna do them later tonight and post the result.

Btw: Your CWDT doesn't proc your Immortal call
Last edited by michaelhan18 on Sep 19, 2016, 9:16:58 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has done uber lab with this build? can someone share their gears. I have about 2 ex to upgrade my gear buy I'm not sure what to look for. Most of the time I'm too scared to buy sth that costs more than 4 chaos because I'm afraid if they're overpriced. (Standard Essence League).

Any tips on figuring out how much an item worth?
Last edited by michaelhan18 on Sep 19, 2016, 9:19:07 PM
"
michaelhan18 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone who has done uber lab with this build? can someone share their gears. I have about 2 ex to upgrade my gear buy I'm not sure what to look for. Most of the time I'm too scared to buy sth that costs more than 4 chaos because I'm afraid if they're overpriced. (Standard Essence League).

Doing uber lab each day, and today with this easy layout did almoust 10-12.

My gear:

Got around 6.6k hp, 10k armour unbuffed. Buffed armour goes to 30k.
But todays lab layout and phases are really easy. 10-12 +2difficulty labs for dayz!

And i successfully doing tier 13maps, did not die in a while.

P.S the only thing i find hard to do in todays lab, is to not kill atleast 1 lieutenant in the second phase fight, for that extra one key.
I always get one of those skeleton lieutenants killed before Izaro himself, which yields one less key for me. From like 15runs so far, only did full +2 phase and +1 Argus key like 3times. Argus btw is a facetank.
Last edited by Blendight on Sep 19, 2016, 6:55:39 PM
"
Blendight wrote:
"
michaelhan18 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone who has done uber lab with this build? can someone share their gears. I have about 2 ex to upgrade my gear buy I'm not sure what to look for. Most of the time I'm too scared to buy sth that costs more than 4 chaos because I'm afraid if they're overpriced. (Standard Essence League).

My gear:

But todays lab layout and phases are really easy. 10-12 +2difficulty labs for dayz!

P.S the only thing i find hard to do in todays lab, is to not kill atleast 1 lieutenant in the second phase fight, for that extra one key.
I always get one of those skeleton lieutenants killed before Izaro himself, which yields one less key for me. From like 15runs so far, only did full +2 phase and +1 Argus key like 3times. Argus btw is a facetank.

What about Atizir? I tried but cannot kill the 3 exiles before her.
"
alexviz wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:
"
michaelhan18 wrote:

My gear:

What about Atizir? I tried but cannot kill the 3 exiles before her.

Just did Atziri. Died once on the atziri fight because of my cat jumping on my keyboard from nowhere, but oh well, still love her <3. Can confirm, you can do deathless Atziri runs, no problem.

Vaal is easy - just stack them both together, go ham with totem and EQ.

Trio - As usual titty girl first, then flame guy and the big dude. Make sure you have anti bleeding flask. But, i could pretty much face tank the flame & and the big guy.

Atziri - this is just pure strategy and knowing of tactics. Avoid flameblasts and storm calls, in split phase use totem to kill one, while you dodge.

Last edited by Blendight on Sep 20, 2016, 12:32:42 AM
@michealhan, thanks for the detailed help. I'll have a look around poe.trade for some better gear.
Forgot to stop leveling my Immortal Call at lv15, thanks for the headsup - gonna have to use the gem level reducing vendor recipe. E/: I just saw that my Molten Shell is overleveled too. Derp. Missign those two is probably what got me killed so often.
I also found out why that boss on the Raceway map was oneshotting me - apparently he has reflect and I lack the Physical to Lightning gem in my EQ setup because I don't have a 5link Marohi Erqi yet (too expensive).
Last edited by Inkaflare on Sep 20, 2016, 7:45:21 AM
Hi to all, any idea what can upgrade from there... i mean, whats be the best item to upgrade first... all resis are cap (no chaos)

Spoiler

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR TIME!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info