[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Thanks for great build.
I have one question. Why use only golem (gem lvl 3) with CWDT (gem lvl 1)?
Becouse we want resummon golem for each 528 dmg taken?
"
Hrk_gFx wrote:
Thanks for great build.
I have one question. Why use only golem (gem lvl 3) with CWDT (gem lvl 1)?
Becouse we want resummon golem for each 528 dmg taken?

This is due to lazyness.
If you autoproc/cast the golem, you'll never forget him. And in tricky situations its always there.

If you want to use a higher leveled version of your golem, you need to selfcast him.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Zietlogik wrote:
"
SyZ wrote:
Hey all, thanks for the guide, it looks great! Honestly, the video guide is probably better than every WoW guide I've ever watched, and I played for 10 years ...

I have a couple questions, as this is a twink. I picked up a 250% hammer for 15C that I'm waiting to use, and I have some random uniques that my level 92 'main' has gotten - is there anything else super useful I would need for leveling? Should I just be walking past everything except yellow / blue / quest mobs while power leveling?

Overall, I guess I'm confused on how viable / good / useful this build is at the end. I dropped 3E on a 'meh' bow which is nowhere near end game. Headhunter is 60E. A top quiver is 10E+. This guy basically needed a 15C hammer. Is all the other gear super expensive? How is it that I can get more than twice the effective life and seemingly have no downsides? Is mobility super weak? Do you risk dying to any sort of 'explosion' type mod? Like, on the hunter I would kill 15 guys, they're about to explode, but I'm far away and can avoid it. here, I would kill 15 mobs but be fighting the yellow / blue one that's left, and then BAM all 15 explode underneath me because I'm melee so they're all clustered on me.

Can someone explain 'fortify' to me? It seems odd that I now have two ascendancy points but one basically does nothing until I finish Cruel Lab which is 25 ish levels away

Thanks!

Depends what you mean by "end" it can do Tier10+ maps and do Uber Lab, my gear is shown above. All I needed was the hammer (only payed 5c and socket/linked it myself) and Lightning Coil, everything else was super cheap tri-res items, and it rolls over pretty much every normal piece of content. I just need to learn the fights a bit better and I will be able to run them with ease as well (i'm still new-ish to this)

Fortify is a buff (normally from a gem) that gives 20% damage reduction (gem is from melee hit) but Champion Duelist ascendancy gives you permanent fortify, so you don't need the gem.

You shouldnt get hit by nova/explode mobs with movement speed boots/inspirational ascendancy node/quicksilver flask/leap slam all at your disposal since the mobs aren't instant detonate.

Just run/jump into a mob, smash them, and keep moving past, the second explosion will finish anything that follows you.

So is this kind of like WW Sprint Barb used to be? Just run into packs and spin through and win?

What do you do about ranged mobs?

Are there any other top tier uniques outside Marohi and Lightning Coil or is it all mainly top rolled rares with WED, damage, life, resist, str? We don't want crit, accuracy, attack speed, so I'm not even sure what other stats we can pick up
"
SyZ wrote:
"
Zietlogik wrote:
"
SyZ wrote:
Hey all, thanks for the guide, it looks great! Honestly, the video guide is probably better than every WoW guide I've ever watched, and I played for 10 years ...

I have a couple questions, as this is a twink. I picked up a 250% hammer for 15C that I'm waiting to use, and I have some random uniques that my level 92 'main' has gotten - is there anything else super useful I would need for leveling? Should I just be walking past everything except yellow / blue / quest mobs while power leveling?

Overall, I guess I'm confused on how viable / good / useful this build is at the end. I dropped 3E on a 'meh' bow which is nowhere near end game. Headhunter is 60E. A top quiver is 10E+. This guy basically needed a 15C hammer. Is all the other gear super expensive? How is it that I can get more than twice the effective life and seemingly have no downsides? Is mobility super weak? Do you risk dying to any sort of 'explosion' type mod? Like, on the hunter I would kill 15 guys, they're about to explode, but I'm far away and can avoid it. here, I would kill 15 mobs but be fighting the yellow / blue one that's left, and then BAM all 15 explode underneath me because I'm melee so they're all clustered on me.

Can someone explain 'fortify' to me? It seems odd that I now have two ascendancy points but one basically does nothing until I finish Cruel Lab which is 25 ish levels away

Thanks!

Depends what you mean by "end" it can do Tier10+ maps and do Uber Lab, my gear is shown above. All I needed was the hammer (only payed 5c and socket/linked it myself) and Lightning Coil, everything else was super cheap tri-res items, and it rolls over pretty much every normal piece of content. I just need to learn the fights a bit better and I will be able to run them with ease as well (i'm still new-ish to this)

Fortify is a buff (normally from a gem) that gives 20% damage reduction (gem is from melee hit) but Champion Duelist ascendancy gives you permanent fortify, so you don't need the gem.

You shouldnt get hit by nova/explode mobs with movement speed boots/inspirational ascendancy node/quicksilver flask/leap slam all at your disposal since the mobs aren't instant detonate.

Just run/jump into a mob, smash them, and keep moving past, the second explosion will finish anything that follows you.

So is this kind of like WW Sprint Barb used to be? Just run into packs and spin through and win?

What do you do about ranged mobs?

Are there any other top tier uniques outside Marohi and Lightning Coil or is it all mainly top rolled rares with WED, damage, life, resist, str? We don't want crit, accuracy, attack speed, so I'm not even sure what other stats we can pick up

Ranged mobs won't give you much trouble, they may pop your CWDT IC earlier, but not be much of a threat otherwise. The only moderate threat is degen/bleed zones in melee range and mobs that stun (Rhoas, etc.)

Marohi is the only real requirement, lightning coil is just nice to have (and helpful for HC), the rest of my gear is pretty much all just rares rolled with armor/life/tri-resists and movespeed on boots.

You can run through elemental reflect maps if you just don't use Hatred (Ash works fine, it can't reflect the Ignite, and the extra fire dmg is minimal) and remove your WED gem.
I don't understand Enduring Cry

Am I supposed to be manually casting it every 10s? Does it get automatically cast somehow and I'm missing it? 8-36 endurance charges - what?? I only ever get 4. Is there a reason to upgrade the quality?

Do I just manually cast Blood Rage once and then hope it never falls off? Is there a reason to upgrade it to 20% given attack speed does nothing for us?

"
SyZ wrote:
I don't understand Enduring Cry

Am I supposed to be manually casting it every 10s? Does it get automatically cast somehow and I'm missing it? 8-36 endurance charges - what?? I only ever get 4. Is there a reason to upgrade the quality?

Do I just manually cast Blood Rage once and then hope it never falls off? Is there a reason to upgrade it to 20% given attack speed does nothing for us?

Yes, you're supposed to cast Enduring Cry manually, and ideally as soon as it's off CD because your CWDT + Immortal Call which consumes all the charges will happen frequently in high maps.
You get 8-36 endurance charges per 100 enemies in the range as you cast it. So basically, at lv1 (8 per 100 enemies), you will get 1 charge if you hit at least one enemy (0.08 charges, which is rounded up to 1), and you will get 2 charges if you hit at least 13 enemies (13*0.08 = 1.04, which is rounded up to 2), and so on...
Now you also have to factor in the maximum amount of charges you can have at once. The default is 3, but some nodes on the passive skill tree as well as some items grant +1 maximum Endurance Charges, so you got one of those and can have up to 4 charges at once.
I don't think quality is worth it for this one, as soon as you have leveled it up a bit you'll be at your maximum charges with one cast almost all the time because the default radius is already pretty big.

About Blood Rage: yes, you cast it and kepe it up by killing stuff - if it does fall off just recast it.
I didn't level it beyond ~10 because it only grants attack speed which doesn't help much, as you said, and after that level the Dexterity requirements got too high for me. So just level it as high as you can without having to get additional Dex somewhere.
Hm, so I'll need to weave in Enduring Cry every so often, that makes mindless killing somewhat more troublesome. Ok, thanks

I'm also not sure if I'm in a really good spot or don't understand what's ahead. Here's my gear:

So outside the weapon and chest, it's pretty bad. But I'm basically resist capped, and there's still 30% all resists in the passive tree that are easy to get. Here's mine: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBLMFLQmWFCAV7Bo4Gj4hNCcvKS4slC3SMok0jjkOOtg8BUE_QzFHfkz_UEdR5lcNV-JZ81oaXz9iF2VNaPJr2XKpdO12rHfjd-V4enloe9R8uHzZggeCm4SUhNmE74Y7h2qJcYrwjM-PYJBVkc6Uh5Zsl3mexZ8-n9-iAKknqW6plKyqrY2vbLQvuR29Nr6nwGbBBMMzypDPftIh1ljZYdrB37Lhc-RR6UbqGOxc7SDvDu988B_xrPJB9kj3Mg==

So I can still get the + 15% node, and then the + 3% and + 12% that also gives other bonuses. I feel like I don't even need to get resistances on my items. And everything coming up is basically life or health related. Am I capped at damage without upgrading to a Disfavor for 10E or is this the point where I need to start stacking offensive stats everywhere?

Right now, I just run around the desert area in A4 and one shot everything while never going below 80% life. With my flask armor up, I'm at 90% reduction. Isn't that the highest? So what is the point of even upgrading gear? I clear out 30-50 mobs every 4s which fills up the flasks meaning they're basically at 100% uptime.

Essentially, I'm just lost on if I'm a God compared to the level 67 enemies, or if the build is really this strong. How far can I go with that current gear? Any ideas what I should upgrade? I'll be picking up the 3 jewel sockets as well which is more 'free' stats.

Also, how do the endurance charges work with armor and resistances? If I'm at 75% all resist, and I get another + 24% from 6 endurance charges, what effect does this give me?

Thanks
Last edited by SyZ on Oct 7, 2016, 8:46:59 PM
Two questions:

Do the Earthquake Gem and the support gems have to be in the weapon?(before Marohi Hammer) or can I simply use a tabula rasa and put them in there?

If I got a 5 Link Marohi, which support gem should I neglect?
@topic
Awesome build, incredibly easy to level and really powerful, also budget-friendly (and beginner friendly too). I highly recommend this build to new players :)
Ok guys, I'm at a pretty good point, and wondering where to go from here. Here's my gear:

Here's the gloves I'm waffling on:

Right now, I'm at 5558 life, and 325 energy shield, thanks to the gloves. I swapped them out from
because I was 40-50 overcapped and now don't even need resistances on the gloves. That's why I'm not sure if I should use these or the Surgebinders. The first reason is that by gaining that int, if I now enchant the gloves with 11-14 all attributes, even if I whiff and get 11 I would have 155 total which is exactly enough to level Blasphemy to 20 ... which would be a massive survivability upgrade. I'd also be able to slot in increased area of effect which means the range would almost double. It means I don't need to upgrade out of Lightning Coil into something like Brass Dome. And that's important, because...

One of the things I'm struggling with is endurance charges. I never have them, because I never used Immortal Call, because I wreck face and one shot everything. On bosses I will drop my totem, which doesn't deal that much damage. I've noticed that after upgrading to the axe I can now spam EQ and still get the earthquakes. Basically, it's still a better single target skill than Heavy Strike or something else. But in my chest, I currently have a 5L, and can make it a 6L. Is there some way to automatically generate endurance charges and give me some sort of dps or survivability upgrades? I know there is endurance charge on stun support, but that won't activate on EQ because it's not linked to EQ. I'm just not sure.

Eventually, I think Null and Void will be better, but that's on Standard only and costs a ton. Headhunter is also best in slot (I think?) which is also a ton, so both those would require a ton of farming ... which means I'd probably want to make this guy my main in my quest to hit 100 which would happen on standard.

And my last point .. do I need more damage? Currently my solo tooltip dps on EQ is 70k, and I still have 80% worth of physical damage from 4 nodes in the tree, as well as 8 other nodes to use as I see fit. I'm not well versed in late game but I'm pretty sure just stacking more and more life and armor is better.

Thanks for reading :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info