[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Hmm, i know that my gear is not perfect, but... Still, it's ok. But i cant do uber lab. Anyone else having usues with that?

My gear:

Is The Warden's Brand worth it on this build until you get better stuff or are you better off with +life, +resist stuff?
"
Blendight wrote:
Hmm, i know that my gear is not perfect, but... Still, it's ok. But i cant do uber lab. Anyone else having usues with that?

My gear:

I haven't tried uber lab yet, but I had issues doing Merciless Lab until I got the strat down. Basically don't try to hit him. He's too fast and his attacks hit too hard. You need to try and leave your earthquake where he's going to be and let the aftershock hit him. I spent most of my time in that fight running around, hitting flasks, keeping endurance charges up, and re-placing my warchief. If I had time I would throw an EQ down, but that was the lowest thing on my list. Staying alive is more important.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Blendight wrote:

My gear:

I haven't tried uber lab yet, but I had issues doing Merciless Lab until I got the strat down. Basically don't try to hit him. He's too fast and his attacks hit too hard. You need to try and leave your earthquake where he's going to be and let the aftershock hit him. I spent most of my time in that fight running around, hitting flasks, keeping endurance charges up, and re-placing my warchief. If I had time I would throw an EQ down, but that was the lowest thing on my list. Staying alive is more important.

Was doing great on the trash, breezing thru it.. Got all of the fonts down on first phase Izaro. Never actually used earthquake, just totem. But the second i ran out of flasks, he came to me and 1shotted me. FeelsBadMan. Did upgrade some passives and jewels, have 1k more hp and some more damage. But im afraid i still wont be able to do it. And Uber Izaro +2 will not be possible at all. Which is sad.

EDIT: Just did Uber Izaro.. This was the most intence and difficult Uber Izaro fight i had ever since he came out. Never playing a melee build ever again. Haha :D It so much easier with ranged/mages. Did +1diff, because it actually helped me. What can i say.. You need to make sure you know when he will jump (two-handed mace) version Izaro, and just jump on the other side. Kite, get some frenzy/endurance charges going, fill up flasks. Did not use totem even once, there were like 50mobs around the boss, and the totam was dying instantly. So, just jump, earthquake twice, and kite. It took me a while, but damn.. Atleast i got my 4th ascendancy now. :)
Last edited by Blendight on Sep 15, 2016, 7:38:24 PM
What would you use as the 6 gem for chest?
love ur build liftingnerd.
haivng 4 link marohi only i go thru my leveling to lv82 feel like a breeze.
however is this build able to do uber atziri? i found my single target is quite lackluster and maybe cant sustain when facetank boss. maybe 5link-6link would help?
"
xslasherz wrote:
love ur build liftingnerd.
haivng 4 link marohi only i go thru my leveling to lv82 feel like a breeze.
however is this build able to do uber atziri? i found my single target is quite lackluster and maybe cant sustain when facetank boss. maybe 5link-6link would help?

I have the same problem when it comes to hard hitting bosses, I cannot facetank them. Try to have a 5L warchief with conc effect and the boss will melt (good for bosses who do not move quickly). Also, getting a 5L marohi should be your priority, it costs like 40c
This is my first build for PoE and so far it's pretty decent, so kudos to LiftingNerd!
I got a question on defense, tho. rn I'm lvl 78, 3.7k life, 8.7k armor and 74-75 elemental and chaos res.
I'm running t5 maps rn, and so far it's good. The only problem is thatI still have problems getting bursted down by bosses, let alone facetanking them.I just realised that I gave up too many other stats to cap chaos res and armor. Gear below:
Spoiler

I'm wondering if I should give up some caoos res to get more life and ditching Coil for
. That way I can free up the need for lightning res and get other stats. Besides, Belly of the Beast looks way cooler when worn! I'm about to 5 link my armor to boost Totem dmg, but I'm debating between those two armor.
I'm also considering Kaom's Way for 8 Endurance Charges and boosting my defense through life regen. (I saw a berserker faetanking Uber Izaro on youtube earlier with 9ECs, 6k HP and only 3k armor, so I'm wondering if I could use some life regen setup for this build, too). What do you guys think?
Last edited by michaelhan18 on Sep 16, 2016, 7:10:14 PM
Thanks for the guide, provided really useful for my first EQ character :)

Currently at level 89, done uber and currently breezing through t13-14 maps trying to get higher tiers to drop.

One thing I would recommend and thought really helped my character, is getting some life leech nodes. I was having bit of a hard time with the higher tier bosses, I like to throw down and bang but the passive tree (at least for Duelist) doesn't provide much regen or life leech so it was really hard to facetank anything and you were really depended on your flasks. I'd much rather be trading blows than just running around utilizing the EQ aoe and the warchief.

hosting images

Thought my character's survivability improved quite a lot by adding those life leech nodes.

For any melee character I also think getting Rumi's should be very high your priority list, always find my survivability and performance improve a lot after I get Rumi's.

As for Uber Labyrinth I think you should aim for minimum 6-6.5k hp and even then you have a chance of getting one-shoted if you aren't careful. The first two stages are not that bad but sometimes during the third trial you'll run out of flask charges and will need to do some running around and have your ancestral warchief do the work, also wait for Izarro to summon more minions so you that can get your flask/endurance charges up. Having a 5l or 6l ancestral warchief really helps with the uber trial.

My gear:

Last edited by Ridman on Sep 19, 2016, 1:30:54 PM
can you do Uber Atziri with this?
IGN: DabrixRN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info