StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter: Necropolis v3.24.0 (Updated: 3/27/24)

"
SBOG4215 wrote:
Thanks for this Hobbit - yours is my favorite filter!

To level with melee, I:
- Section 15: removed the #'s in front of the SocketGroup lines and changed the colors to RR.
- Advanced Optional Class Selection: hid all weapon types but axes and shields.

Do these edits carry over to the caster and ranged gear in Sections 17 and 19, or do I have to modify those sections too?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the whole point of the Advanced Class Selection at the bottom of Section 15 is so that you can nullify Sections 17 through 19 by editing only a few lines as opposed to having to comment out every block in those sections.

Another simple but not very often discussed option is simply deleting the sections you don't want and saving as a separate filter.
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 1, 2017, 9:47:53 PM
Sound is really low for me for some reason, is their a way to turn it up without just tweaking my own volume? I have the drop noises set to max in game and all the other noise turned pretty low (15% ish) and I can hear everything just fine, but the drop noises are still at a whisper.

EDIT: Is the number after the sound it's volume? I'm digging around in the file itself atm. Since Exhalt are so much louder I assume it is, gonna try regardless and then re-edit the results lmao.

Firgured the sound out, can something like this work? What do I need to edit to make these make a custom sound?

Show
BaseType "Orb of Alteration" "Orb of Transmutation" "Orb of Augmentation"
SetTextColor 225 0 0
SetBackGroundColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 150 150 0
PlayAlertSound 1 200
Fontsize 35
*I typed it in correctly with the Tab after each return, it's just not showing it right in the forum.*

I don't really need to pick them up all the time but I'd like to hear it when it's off screen so I have the option to go get it if I so desire.
Last edited by ClickerPro on May 12, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
"
ClickerPro wrote:
Sound is really low for me for some reason, is their a way to turn it up without just tweaking my own volume? I have the drop noises set to max in game and all the other noise turned pretty low (15% ish) and I can hear everything just fine, but the drop noises are still at a whisper.

EDIT: Is the number after the sound it's volume? I'm digging around in the file itself atm. Since Exhalt are so much louder I assume it is, gonna try regardless and then re-edit the results lmao.

Firgured the sound out, can something like this work? What do I need to edit to make these make a custom sound?

Show
SetTextColor 225 0 0
SetBackGroundColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 150 150 0
PlayAlertSound 1 200
Fontsize 35
*I typed it in correctly with the Tab after each return, it's just not showing it right in the forum.*

I don't really need to pick them up all the time but I'd like to hear it when it's off screen so I have the option to go get it if I so desire.

The "Item Filter Alert Volume" is the one you want to adjust, if you have that set at max then the second number after PlayAlertSound is the one you want to adjust (1-300). The first number is the type of sound played.

I had tried to normalize with my slider at 50% but this isn't the first (or second) comment I've gotten on the sounds being a bit low, and I had been meaning to renormalize at significantly higher values so I'll probably get that update out within the next day or two, by the end of the weekend at most.

In the meantime another option you can try is turning your PoE volume up in Windows to the max, and then turning all the other PoE ingame volumes down very low.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 12, 2017, 4:08:07 PM
"
"
ClickerPro wrote:

Show
SetTextColor 225 0 0
SetBackGroundColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 150 150 0
PlayAlertSound 1 200
Fontsize 35

The "Item Filter Alert Volume" is the one you want to adjust, if you have that set at max then the second number after PlayAlertSound is the one you want to adjust (1-300). The first number is the type of sound played.

I had tried to normalize with my slider at 50% but this isn't the first (or second) comment I've gotten on the sounds being a bit low, and I had been meaning to renormalize at significantly higher values so I'll probably get that update out within the next day or two, by the end of the weekend at most.

In the meantime another option you can try is turning your PoE volume up in Windows to the max, and then turning all the other PoE ingame volumes down very low.

No rush man, I figured the sound out. It's a nice item filter, a bit better than neversink at any rate. I would have just kept using his but the damn notepad was a mess. Your actual filter listing is super purdy. So 2 questions, can I donate to you somewhere? And two, is what I typed about the generic piece of shit orbs accurate? I added it and the whole filter shut down. So clearly I need to do more. Is there a tutorial for adding the missing orbs that no one (but me I guess) cares about?

If you scroll up you'll see my attempt. If you want me to not do this for some reason or it's against your rules somewhere I'll stop. Just want the alteration, transmutation and augmentation orbs to make a noise as well.

*EDIT* Just to clarify, I've never played a build where I kill so much crap off screen and I KNOW I'm missing stuff, I pick up most div cards save for like 4 and I do tend to ignore the crappy orbs. But I'd like to know when they happen is all. I just feel dirty not knowing what I'm missing. I'd even go so far to say I want chrome patterns to make a noise too. Just so I know.... I HAVE TO KNOW!!! lol
Last edited by ClickerPro on May 12, 2017, 4:59:37 PM
"
ClickerPro wrote:
"
"
ClickerPro wrote:

Show
SetTextColor 225 0 0
SetBackGroundColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 150 150 0
PlayAlertSound 1 200
Fontsize 35

No rush man, I figured the sound out. It's a nice item filter, a bit better than neversink at any rate. I would have just kept using his but the damn notepad was a mess. Your actual filter listing is super purdy. So 2 questions, can I donate to you somewhere? And two, is what I typed about the generic piece of shit orbs accurate? I added it and the whole filter shut down. So clearly I need to do more. Is there a tutorial for adding the missing orbs that no one (but me I guess) cares about?

If you scroll up you'll see my attempt. If you want me to not do this for some reason or it's against your rules somewhere I'll stop. Just want the alteration, transmutation and augmentation orbs to make a noise as well.

*EDIT* Just to clarify, I've never played a build where I kill so much crap off screen and I KNOW I'm missing stuff, I pick up most div cards save for like 4 and I do tend to ignore the crappy orbs. But I'd like to know when they happen is all. I just feel dirty not knowing what I'm missing. I'd even go so far to say I want chrome patterns to make a noise too. Just so I know.... I HAVE TO KNOW!!! lol

SetFontSize, not FontSize. Usually the game will spit out where the error is when you load it in, other than that it looks fine. Also highly recommend using Notepad++. Just keep in mind adding sounds to those orbs will get very spammy in high level maps. The default sound I use for lower currency is also 3, not 1, so you may want to use that value instead for consistency.

The tabs don't matter for coding, they're just there for readability only. Adding sounds to chrome items is also easy (it's in Section 15, line 1000 in the general filter), but again, I have to warn against how spammy it will be. It's also widely considered to be not efficient, as you're better off clearing quickly then buying low tier currencies in bulk.

As far as donations go I don't have anything formal set up as I develop the filter for my own use just as much as everyone else, but if you really want to buy me a beer or something I'm fairly sure my old paypal still works at stupidfathobbit@gmail.com.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 14, 2017, 3:26:18 AM
"

SetFontSize, not FontSize. Usually the game will spit out where the error is when you load it in, other than that it looks fine. Also highly recommend using Notepad++. Just keep in mind adding sounds to those orbs will get very spammy in high level maps. The default sound I use for lower currency is also 3, not 1, so you may want to use that value instead for consistency.

The tabs don't matter for coding, they're just there for readability only. Adding sounds to chrome items is also easy (it's in Section 15, line 1000 in the general filter), but again, I have to warn against how spammy it will be. It's also widely considered to be not efficient, as you're better off clearing quickly then buying low tier currencies in bulk.

As far as donations go I don't have anything formal set up as I develop the filter for my own use just as much as everyone else, but if you really want to buy me a beer or something I'm fairly sure my old paypal still works at stupidfathobbit@gmail.com.

I don't plan on making it loud, I just want it to tell me. I rarely pick up half of it. I just want to know it's there in case I'm short on one or the other etc. But I'll need them early league and I can always just turn some or all of them off later. I plan on using this magma totem build I made with Sire of Shards as my starter in 3.0. Which I assume is like any other totem build, you just drop it and move on with your life. lol

Thanks again for all your help kind sir!
"
ClickerPro wrote:
"

I don't plan on making it loud, I just want it to tell me. I rarely pick up half of it. I just want to know it's there in case I'm short on one or the other etc. But I'll need them early league and I can always just turn some or all of them off later. I plan on using this magma totem build I made with Sire of Shards as my starter in 3.0. Which I assume is like any other totem build, you just drop it and move on with your life. lol

Thanks again for all your help kind sir!

Generally what most (including myself) do is simply use the Currency Enlarger block located at the bottom of Section 1 - enabling it at the start of the league and disabling it a few days in. This simply makes the lower currency bigger and doesn't add any sound, although you can easily add a sound to that block if you wish.

In addition the updates I release at league start always have that block enabled by default, but all other mid-league updates always have it disabled.
Ok, for those who have issues with sounds being too low - which ones?

I've tried hard to normalize sounds around a certain level, and some are supposed to be quiet relative to others. Are all sounds too quiet or just some? If so, which ones exactly?

There are some sounds (i.e. low currencies) where the sounds are supposed to be quiet, but should still be audible. If these are still too quiet with the Item Filter Volume slider at max and your Windows PoE volume also at max, let me know.

Renormalizing the sounds is an enormous pain in the ass (as some are naturally very loud and others quiet, so it's not as simple as "double everything") and is something that I'm only going to do if I get more and specific feedback.

With my setup I've had issues with PoE being very loud, but I have the Windows PoE-Specific volume slider set down at 15%, with all ingame volumes below 5% and Item Filter Alert Volume at 50%. This means if anything I should have normalized too loud for most people, instead of too quiet.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 20, 2017, 1:26:29 AM
How do i install this? i cant find a .filter file to download.
Hi, do you plan on making this FilterBlade compatible now that it has released as open beta? I fell in love with your filter when i found it before Legacy League and haven't tried any others since. I used to be a filterholic and just try and not be satisfied with anything before this. The sound choices and volumes are perfect, the end game version stricktness is perfect etc. My only issue though is the map colors, which I've gotten used to by now but still.. I know I can change them myself with notepad but I'm as good with RGB color palettes as a deaf person is playing drums so the style editor in FilterBlade would be super handy for a lazy old fart like me :)

Anyway thank you for the amazing filter!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info