StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

"
Kaysick wrote:
Hey Hobbit, thanks for the filter. Got to level 100 this league and I've been using it for the past few leagues now. Can I suggest the removal of Primal Incubators in the uber strict filter at minimum? With Delirium adding so many incubator drops and annointing amulets they seem worthless. I also felt that the prophecy quest lines 1 and 2 (for something like Unbreathing Queen) could be hidden as well. I know I can personally edit these out but just wanted to give my input.

I already downgraded the majority of the prophecy chains for the next update, and yeah I'll probably start hiding the shittier incubators in uber too
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
5/25/20 - v3.10.3

Delirium League Update III - The Last Fat One

This is the last major update of the filter before Path of Exile 2. I will still be updating the filter for each leaguestart and will try to do a minor economy update each league as well.

There are a number of reasons for this being the last big one for a while. I've finally plowed through more or less the entirety of the backlog so all potential planned changes are more or less in or discarded at this point. With Path of Exile 2 planning to shake the board up again it also doesn't make too much sense to overinvest time into the current filter when I'll probably be rewriting half of the damn thing in about six months. But the biggest reason is I'm currently quite frustrated with the state of the game and feel that the 3 month cycle is just slowly digging GGG into a deeper and deeper hole. It's clear that it's going to take GGG a long time to address the things I consider important, so I've decided to take some time off from the game.

I think the filter is in a good spot right now, with a lot of the experimental changes I've tried over the past few updates making it into the filter on a permanent basis. I'm going to try to get a video out explaining the basics of the filter before the next leaguestart as well - it's something I've been putting off forever because I keep making large changes but with things finally being settled it seems now is a good time.

I will be playing the leagues between now and PoE2,, but for much less time than I usually do and also much more casually. In the meantime I'm going to be playing a variety of other games and will still be streaming at twitch.tv/sfhobbit for those who are interested.

I can't be bothered doing the usual ultra-detailed patch notes with an update of this size. I'm just going to summarize the major/important changes:

- New optional "Favorite Maps" block added in Section 1. Set your favorite maps there. Keep in mind this overrides shaped/elder map highlighting because GGG still hasn't implemented as "HasInfluence None" command. Uses old shaped map highlighting.
- Uber filter now hides a lot more uniques. The list isn't perfect, but is quite comprehensive now. If I missed one let me know (please remember purple border = shared boss drop now).
- Reduced font size on lowest tier of incubators. Primal Incubators are now hidden in Uber and all incubators have been retiered.
- Drastically reduced the number of talismans shown in higher filters - strict now only shows t1/t2 life and es/es% talismans, all others are hidden. Uber has the same IDcraft thresholds as strict, in addition to requiring the talismans also be of the more valuable basetypes. The result will be very few talismans shown compared to before. Uber will be hiding almost all.
- Prophecies: Only the final chain for each Pale Court key fragment gets increased highlighting. Moved more prophecies to bottom tier, and hid bottom tier in Uber.
- White borders on high ilvl influenced items are now restricted to droplevel 60+ items, in addition to their various ilvl restrictions.
- Attempted to adjust the filter for the "post-Delirium" economy and reverting adjustments that were fed by the Delirium meta
- Removed icon/light from <ilvl 75 large cluster jewels
- Smaller stacks of perandus coins are now hidden in Uber
- Adjusted atlas armor, now uses blue kites for armor and purple kites for jewellery, with blue light for 84, purple 85, red 86
- Increased level range at which Eternal Mana flasks are shown
- Increased font size low tier maps in general and strict. Restored minimap icons (but not sounds) in Uber, given how the new Atlas works
- Added a ton of new specific icon/color combinations using the new options to indicate a number of niche highlights.
- Disabled sound on a bunch of low-value levelling uniques (wanderlust, lifesprig, etc) in Uber
- Redid how white jewellery shows in general filter when maps start. All good bases show until 72, coral ring / leather belt until 77. All borders removed.
- League specific unique bases now use grey stars
- Moved a lot more uniques where the base is common but the only valuable unique is league specific to league specific no sound blocks (i.e. jade amulet, iron circlet)
- Adjusted a very large number of unique and divination card tiers. Adjusted a number of items in the influence sections.
- Lots of various font size/color/etc adjustments.

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream https://twitch.tv/sfhobbit as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online. Since I keep getting asked I have also finally set up a donation link for those who want to support the filter.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 25, 2020, 11:09:57 PM
@StupidFatHobbit Awesome work! I can't wait to try it out.

I do have a question for you with unique colors. I've seen a few conflicting notes, some i'm assuming are just old comments.. In this post you clarify that purple border = shared boss drops. I'm taking that to mean "only worth checking if it dropped from a boss". What are the cyan/teal borders for? I saw a comment at one point indicating that these were shared boss drops, so i wasn't sure.

Want to make sure i'm understanding the color schemes properly to safely ignore what i don't care about :)

Thanks!
"
@StupidFatHobbit Awesome work! I can't wait to try it out.

I do have a question for you with unique colors. I've seen a few conflicting notes, some i'm assuming are just old comments.. In this post you clarify that purple border = shared boss drops. I'm taking that to mean "only worth checking if it dropped from a boss". What are the cyan/teal borders for? I saw a comment at one point indicating that these were shared boss drops, so i wasn't sure.

Want to make sure i'm understanding the color schemes properly to safely ignore what i don't care about :)

Thanks!

Purple border = only valuable unique on that base is from a boss. Which means if it drops in the world and it's not day 1-2 of the league, you can pretty much ignore it.

Teal border (and teal star minimap icon) = Upper Variable Value (UVV). Means that there's at least one unique on that base that has high value and can drop anywhere (i.e. astramentis with onyx amulet) and you need to check that drop.

Teal borders never represented boss-only unique bases, not sure where you got that. The whole purple border / boss bases is something that was only added an update or so ago.

I'm going to be making a video soon that explains things like this.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on May 30, 2020, 1:16:58 PM
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Jun 5, 2020, 3:52:20 AM
Update coming for harvest ?
6/18/20 - v3.11.0

Harvest League Launch Release

This update contains the new items for Harvest league yadda yadda you know the drill. Usually I can double check updates against Filterblast but it seems Dissolator hasn't updated yet so rather than wait I'm just saying fuck it and kicking it out the door anyways. Hopefully I haven't made any typos.

If you didn't read last update's notes or watch the video then you should probably do those things. Especially the video.

Update Notes:
- Added support for the new Harvest stuff. I'm hoping scrolls are common (just like the scrolls we already have) but I've tossed a small minimap icon on them just in case.
- Added most of the changed uniques to the league prediction block. Tiered the known new div cards.
- General filter once again shows 2h melee bases while levelling (swords/axes). With 5 archetypes now showing by default in the general filter if you don't delete the ones you're not using then you're kind of an idiot. Would you like to know more?
- Conversion talismans now always show in strict, Uber continues to hide them unless they pass life/ES IDcraft checks.
- Hid unid corrupted nonunique items in all filters

no seriously, watch the damn video

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream https://twitch.tv/sfhobbit as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online. Since I keep getting asked I have also finally set up a donation link for those who want to support the filter.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Jun 18, 2020, 7:33:55 AM
You're the mvp as usual man! I figured today would be a good day to check in and you're already on it. Thank you man, have a good leaguestart :D
Thank you once again!
Topkek
Thanks for keeping it up to date even though you said you wouldn't. I hope you enjoy Harvest. I love you. If we met IRL I would give you a big smooch.
sigfault

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info