StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

8/1/18 - v3.3.3

Incursion League Update III - Race & Leaguestart Improvements

This update primarily consists of a large race overhaul and aligns the filter with the current race meta as closely as possible. The changes to the race and leveling sections are exhaustive, but there are almost no changes to the endgame parts of the filter. As a result, aside from the extensive under-the-hood changes only the General filter will appear significantly different.

Aside from increasing the font size on just about everything, the way 2L/3L's and 3CL are displayed has changed and there are significantly more special highlights and sounds on key race items. It's worth noting that if no link colors are set in Section 1 then it will default to showing special highlight/sound on the main meta choices for all of the three archetypes.

Note: If setting up a race filter, read the short instructions right under the table of contents!

Update Notes:

All Filters:
- Default Lab Enchant helm base changed to Lion Pelt
- 3CL items now use a grey border/background (previously green which is now used in race highlighting)
- Increased font size to max on some minor currencies that were at high but not max font (i.e. chance, aug)
- Added extra highlighting for q21+ items
- Moved the 3 valuable vials to a white background
- Section 19 (Global Levelling II) and Section 21 (Miscellaneous II) consolidated into Section 20 - Safety Nets & Catch-Alls with a number of redundant blocks removed. Other sections renumbered accordingly.

Race Changes (General/Race Filters):
- Resist rings have drastically increased highlighting at certain key levels with some having sounds (i.e. topaz rings right before fidelitas). All resist rings have increased highlighting during late A2 until the end of A3.
- Significantly increased highlighting on low level stat amulets. Very early Amber Amulets have sounds, as it is the meta amulet for all 3 archetypes at the moment.
- Completely reworked all racing highlighting to better conform to zone and boss levels with short races in mind. Everything before A4 has been more or less rewritten, and A4 through A10 highlighting has been reexamined and largely relaxed slightly.
- Reworked Race Link highlighting. No longer uses the progression system where one link highlight becomes another as levels increase and no longer uses borders at all. Now each type of link is on a different dark background (2L blue, 3L green, 4L teal) for better instant identification.
- Added a color coded "Archetype Priority" highlight. This already existed for casters (sky blue border with slightly darker background on linked wands/scepters) but has now been extended to the other two archetypes. Melee has sunder offhand weapon 3links (RRG) on dark red background and bows have quivers dropping at key levels on lime green backgrounds. Will be expanding these where opportunity arises.
- Added Quartz Wand, Crystal Wand to caster levelling as BV favors wands. Restricted non-Kris daggers further.
- Added a few more maces to early melee highlighting to smooth things out when axes just won't drop.
- Further increased the font size on flasks. Key early flasks are now at maximum font size.
- Increased font size on very early key jewellery to max
- Weapon basetypes now start at max font size and taper as levels increase
- Increased font size on literally fucking everything in the racing range. A lot of are now at max or near max. This includes a ton of small changes that are too trivial too list or I forgot to note down.
- Early rare items now have significantly increased font size (max before vaal, moderate increase before kitava)
- Magic items before Mervail have significantly increased font size
- White items before Hailrake have slightly increased font size
- Significantly loosed Brutus/Mervail/Vaal/Dominus safety nets regarding armour and weapons for boss kill races. Past Dominus the player is expected to no longer be stupidly underlevelled.
- Hid some larger magic items after Dominus (ilvl 35). Most magic items are still shown through Kitava (47)
- Disabled 2L catchall block. Only specified 2L's are shown (by default with no edits this is basically everything but RB)
- Extended the levels at which all 4L's are still shown
- Removed Shield Throw block (had been disabled/dead for a long time and GGG seems to have no plans of resuscitation)
- Removed Sword Alpha block (will rewrite from scratch if needed, but right now the Groundslam/Sunder/Frostblades meta heavily favors axes for levelling)

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream (twitch.tv/sfhobbit) as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online.

Links to some race presets being made available this release:

Caster Race

Melee Race

Bow Race

IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Aug 1, 2018, 8:32:03 AM
Thanks a lot for your effort! Just finished 40 challenges and probably won't play much this month, but I will surely use your filter :)!
Going to use your filter for this race.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Is this updated for Incursion flashback?
"
Lowkie wrote:
Is this updated for Incursion flashback?

Yes
Minor Correction

The version uploaded yesterday is missing a few exception lines which result in 6 sockets during the levelling range (<67) that are also 4linked to show up as 4 links instead. This is fixed in the currently uploaded version (3.3.3.1 uploaded 8/2).

If you want to fix your filter without redownloading the whole thing just add "Sockets < 6" to both the 4L blocks in Section 1 (both the one where you specify your own colors and the Safety Blocks entry).
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Aug 2, 2018, 8:39:21 PM
Are the race class specific versions updated too?
"
Edeka wrote:

Yes of course.
"
"
Edeka wrote:

Yes of course.

Where can we find those? I can't see anything in the first post.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
"
Edeka wrote:

Yes of course.

Where can we find those? I can't see anything in the first post.

I had only linked them in the patch notes just above. Here are the links again:

Caster Race

Melee Race

Bow Race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info