First Wave of Trade Improvements

First you give me hope by making some much needed improvements to the trade system, only to have a back-handed slap in the face by saying that this only applies to Premium Tabs.

My hats off to you in both coming up with QoL improvements and yet still finding ways to improve the microtransactional aspects of the game. Well played sir, well played.

But let me ask, what's the difference in using 3rd party tools to pseudo-host an auction house, i.e. players can find items and decide based on stats or price which to buy, than to put your own auction house in game? I know in the past I've seen posts from GGG saying that you will never ever do an AH, but really, what's the difference? Wouldn't it make players lives easier if you could mark items in your stash for trade and b/o and they would show up in an in-game AH? When the player buys an item, it is then removed from the stash and currency is replaced. Seems like a fairly slick system and one that would require stash space instead of a offloading stash from a user. Heck I'd even buy Premium Stashes if those could be linked to an AH to use.

I'd certainly be interested in GGG's feedback as to the difference between an in-game AH and the pseudo one that exists with tools like poe.trade and currency.poe.trade.
PoE is officially p2w. TY Chris. RIP my belowed game.
GGG Could offer to upgrade tabs for 1/2 the difference in price as well at the same time a premium stash tab goes on sale. As well, stop selling regular stash tabs and adjust the price of premium accordingly.

The fact that this is for regular stash tabs leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Wonderful and disappointing at the same time. For me it's great because I have several premium stash tabs. But I have friends who don't have, and more I convinced 3 friends who have never played the game to play this new league, talked to them that the game was very good and was free. The first thing they asked me was, "but is not that kind of game I have to pay for benefits right?". And I said no you just paid for effects, skins... at most to have more space in the trunk. And they loved it, and now I'll have to tell them, "Hey if you want to play the game you will have to buy premium stash tabs, otherwise you will have a huge disadvantage." I think this is a really bad move. One of the great qualities of poe is that it was always a free game and you don't need to pay to win. I may be overreacting I know, the premium stash tabs are cheap and I always thought that the game deserves that you pay something. But it's the first time I see a new addition to the game that you have to pay, and at the same time I loved this new function it worries me a little. I think you should consider implementing this function in any stash tab, or at least give all players at least one premium stash tab.
Nice upgrade to trading system, i like it ! Big thanks to all the supporters who make this beautiful game live and grow everyday :D...and those who complain about p2w could not even play nowadays...
This looks like it will help a little but I don't see the point really. You're skirting around the idea of an Auction House by encouraging lame use of third party systems. Its like you are digging the foundation for the home, throwing up the studs, electrical, and plumbing, creating some doors, but not putting up a roof to call it a true home. It kind of seems like you're trading system is having an identity crisis. God forbid you create a true auction house. Shun the non-believer. Tsk Tsk. Instead, we'll just create a convoluted system that, in the end, does nearly the same thing as an AH, without the label and thrice the difficulty. Its like you want it to be an AH but you stop short at actually creating an in-game gui and calling it AH.

Why? Why do you want to encourage people to use third party sites? Why not just create a fleshed out GUI in-game? Im not suggesting an AH like in WoW or anything, but a kiosk system. Something in game. This has been suggested time and time again. Its like GGG wants the game to remain archaic with its trading, just adding a bit of flare to it with public stash tabs. It really comes off as very lazy on their part, or tremendously short sighted.

I know this is the first step for the system and its addressing the accuracy and ease of using these third party sites. To that end, its an "upgrade". Still...it doesn't encourage someone like me who feels its insane to use a 3rd-party site to achieve something in a video game in 2016.

And this is all before I even begin to think about the fact that this is linked to premium stash tabs which in and of itself might be a deal breaker for me to playing the game again.

We'll see where it goes...Im curious at the very least.

Last edited by cesmode on Feb 29, 2016, 10:26:42 PM
I like this comment from a redditor about upgrading one tab to premium for everyone. This is important in a not beginner friendly game! GGG already made a move with gems being available at vendors in the past. DOnt make an even bigger gap between regulars and noobs!

ArmaDota [score hidden] 43 minutes ago
I agree, It would also help a ton of new players learn how to trade.
I love this idea.

*but*

I am concerned about new players and their lack of access to it without paying for something (I have many premium tabs, and don't mind buying more).

Perhaps players could get a free premium tab on killing normal malachai?
We need a donate tab on the site for players who can't afford to spend $1.50.
How can you all possibly be selling crap? Who out there is buying it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info