Perandus League Teaser

Looks kinda boring so far, but it's only a teaser. Hopefully the chests will have a fun mechanic.
PoE gold update
what might hav been interesting wa if upon entering a map you enter a race against a roaming pack to find the chest. first one to it get the rewards. i you run into the pack, one mob drops off to slow (using slow effect skills/stuns etc on you) you down while the rest keep searching? That would be an interesting mechanic i would buy into.
"
OnlyLogic wrote:
This league will only really work if the coins can't be traded. If they can be traded, you're going to see the typical case of the best players (the ones that know how to play the market or have groups of friends to run significantly harder content with, etc) getting the best items, rather than the players that play more.

If they can't be traded, the guy that just prefers to have a bit of fun on his own will actually get a chance to try out that dreamy low-life shavs build just by playing and farming coins.

your insulting your user-name.

1) the rewards are random
2) having more play-time will equate to more coins collected (automatically)
3) players in groups/active party's will play more then a solo player or more efficient

There is no "player that plays more" vs "players that group and team up". Your either efficient, or your not.
And if not, deal with the consequences.

I don't play efficient, so i don't expect to be rewarded equally like players that do invest time in being efficient.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This looks so great!

GGG continues to impress.
If the vendor can offer you something that you don't have the currency for...
and If the coins can be traded...
and If a global channel pops up for Perandus real-time trading...

that's gonna be trouble when people aren't careful.

A lot of needless conjecture since we're 24 hours away from knowing for sure, admittedly, but there are going to be people who have their Perandus offered item stolen out from under them, and there are going to be people that lose their instance while trying to trade for enough coins to buy the thing on the vendor.

Not saying this will be the majority experience, or even frequent, but it will be frustrating as hell when it happens.

At the very least it would present a super un-fun cycle of instance hopping so that prospective trading partners doesn't know where your perandus is, but at the same time you don't lose your instance.

In case it's not clear what I'm getting at:

player 1: "wtb 173 perandus coins FAST TRADE!!"

player 2 /whois player 1

player 2: "oi m8 i can sell u those"

player 2 has joined the party

player 2 has gone through your portal to the docks

player 2 has bought your skyforce boots with his 564 coins.
Would be nice if you could invite the guy to your HO and he would wait a bit while you get more coins, with a limit of course, like a daily quest. You find him, invite him over and he waits for example till the masters reset their dailies. Then if you haven't found the money he will go away and you will have to find him again.

This will save so much time and grief from attempted real time trading. >.<
Hmmm.... if the teaser was designed for me to be so skeptical about the design of this league that I will definitely check out tomorrow's announcement first thing, mission accomplished.

Seems kinda like the same thing we do now with different names. Masters already sell random uniques for currency. Uniques aren't new. Currency isn't new. Where's our exciting new mechanic? Did talisman and darkshrine just set the bar too high?

Edit: voice acting epic btw, so that's good.
Last edited by TheZilla on Feb 28, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
Not interested, if you can only keep 250 coins in each slot. Too much items to carry around. Too much rng as well. Talisman was 100x better. I really do wish they had a cash shop item that could increase your backpack. Don't they know how much more money they can make off that?
"Oh and 'refund' is not in my vocabulary."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info