Elemental focus: The answered question

What GGG doesn't thought if when making this gem (i call it now)

- Step 1: Use a physical conversion skill (for instance Ice Crash/Molten Strike/Static Strike etc.)
- Step 2: convert the rest of your physical damage with Physical to Lightning or AoF.
- Step 3: Use Melee multipliers, WED and this new gem on your skill
- Step 4: ???

- Step 5: Profit! Congratulations, you deal extrem amounts of DPS now!

Same scenario already happend in 2.1 if you think about it for a little while. All fire skills which where convertet to 100% chaos + poison were absurd in termes of damage because they where able to scale of a wider variety of damage nodes on the tree and had access to additional more multipliers they otherwise can't have.
Same will happen with this new gem i feel.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Feb 23, 2016, 5:02:54 PM
Weapon Elemental Damage, Melee Physical Damage, (Resistance Type) Penetration, Faster Attacks and Multistrike are all force multipliers for converted physical damage anyway, so this gem is unlikely to make too much of a difference to that playstyle because they've already reached the point of saturation for potential "more" or quasi-"more" style bonuses... and that's before considering defensive alternatives or gem options specific to the style of the skill, and assuming resolute technique had ruled out the crit gems. It'd just be a question of which force multipliers were the largest.

Losing status ailments is pretty significant in that regard, because Shock is a large force multiplier already and Ignite is a sort-of. The only straight trade away from something else to damage would be for cold skills.
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
What GGG doesn't thought if when making this gem (i call it now)

What GGG has thought of when making this gem (I call it now)

- Counting the number of existing MORE multipliers as well as the number of links on items, and considering whether adding yet another MORE multiplier will significantly affect the amount of damage that can be dealt or merely provide players with alternatives to the existing MORE multipliers.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 23, 2016, 8:19:20 PM
ITS FUCKIN CALLED OCCULTIST INFERNAL BLOW BOIS.

1) INFERNAL BLOW
2) WED
3) ELEMENTAL FOCUS
4) FIRE PEN
5) WHATEVER YOU WANT
6) WHATEVER YOU WANT AGAIN.

DONE!
Last edited by Rusery on Feb 23, 2016, 8:34:01 PM
"
yungwhiz wrote:
I think it would make a nice support, but spelling out how you would exploit it to make its drawback a non-issuse and actualy a buff, isnt a good way to get it in to the game.

What? Drawback? Where???

Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle + Some Fire Spell + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Whatever other supports + some critical nodes and voila... What drawback?

Clearly GGG has ceased to think with the head and now are using the ass...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Uhm... When did Oro's become good? I really LOVED Oro's when it first came out, but no matter how I tried to make it viable, it wasn't. Even the guy who created Oro's' build wasn't that good, and any build, including his, required a 6L to even function...

I know they nerfed the downside on it (it's still not worth it,) but I just don't see how it's ANY better than any other Weapon, one-handed or otherwise..

Seriously, is it just the Frenzy Charge generation that's making people go crazy? Since Blood Rage and Blood Dance already does that... Granted the ability to use the best Support Gem in the game is quite nice (WED,) but that's not enough to carry an Item into viability.

It's a fun Item, but it's not efficient at all. And I'm usually the proponent of shitty/underused Uniques that people disregard (which I try to make viable builds out of) and even I think it's not good. That's sayin' sumtin.

What am I missing here?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Feb 23, 2016, 9:19:42 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
That's ignite, chill, freeze, shock only. So it's absolutely viable with 100% fire to chaos conversion, non crit builds, and .... RF

Wow, GGG is really pushing the RF totem meta hard.

Sweet, RF FINALLY gets a 5L... -.- (It's about damn time.)

Until it gets a 6L though, the Totem variant will likely be better though.
well there is already :

-burning damage
-aoe
-conc
-Item rarity*

if this gem works with RF

this is a huge hit to Kaom's Heart

having a 30% more in the equation is a killer imho

people using life rf will just go

or carcass

isnt

righteous fire
rarity
quantity
aoe/elemental focus a better Choice ?

"
khemintiri wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
well there is already :

-burning damage
-aoe
-conc
-Item rarity*

if this gem works with RF

this is a huge hit to Kaom's Heart

having a 30% more in the equation is a killer imho

people using life rf will just go

or carcass

isnt

righteous fire
rarity
quantity
aoe/elemental focus a better Choice ?

Only if you are the kind of person that is way too attached to it characters that it doesnt enjoy that moment of the year where GGG offers its players a refreshing experience
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 23, 2016, 10:46:43 PM
"
Rusery wrote:
ITS FUCKIN CALLED OCCULTIST INFERNAL BLOW BOIS.

1) INFERNAL BLOW
2) WED
3) ELEMENTAL FOCUS
4) FIRE PEN
5) WHATEVER YOU WANT
6) WHATEVER YOU WANT AGAIN.

DONE!

Hmm, maybe Faceburner build?

Facebreakers

with

1) Infernal Blow
2) Added Fire Damage
3) Elemental Focus
4) Fire Penetration
5) Faster Attacks
6) Melee Physical Damage?

I wonder if you could get the skill radius large enough to compensate for the slow attack speed? If so, this could be a slow but fun Hulk Smash and Burn build.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
this gem is going to be absolutely AMAZING for a couple of my builds.

#1, hyaonclone with cast on melee kill shock nova. i don't need to shock with either cyclone or shock nova because i use vessel of vinktar which shocks everything anyway. so straight up crazy boost in damage. thank you.

#2 my HoA focused build. going to run HoA on a 6L and this will straight up crazy boost my 100% physical conversion to elemental.
running burning arrow with phys to lightning, and now this obviously. will allow me to deal so much damage that my HoA will burn like crazy. should be able to hit 10-12 million DPS now with the addition of this gem.

#3 my blade vortex build. though im running low on links for this skill, this could really add in a massive boost of damage if i so choose to cut something else out, though im not sure what.

what it won't work for is my windripper full lightning damage/three dragons freeze machine build. i need the freeze effect, so this gem is a no go...at least for its AoE lightning arrow main attack. for single target burning arrow, absolutely.

so what do you think we're looking at here? 30% level 1 more mod, whats it going to be at level 20? 49%? any guesses on what the quality bonus will be?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info