Elemental focus: The answered question

thx GGG moderation for killing the thread just because im the creator
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Cannot inflict elemental status ailments but not all status ailments. So, converting to elemental damage to chaos can still benefit from this gem while apply poison. GG
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
level 14 of the gem

Last edited by Tomikxx on Mar 5, 2016, 4:27:08 AM
"
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Non crit ele spell caster...? Still not a thing right?

It used to be, until GGG effectively removed incinerate from the game.

And this skill isn't enough to make incinerate competitive again. Just removing functionality with spell echo was likely enough - they didn't need to pile on more nerfs beyond that.

There may be a decent defensive build using trickster shadow (weave of the arcane) + stacking MoM effects + incinerate, but map clearing efficiency will continue to be very poor.

It's so fucking bad now hahaha

My RF flame surger says hello.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Since ailments are useless already, why not have a gem more useful than the most useful ailment that always applies to targets, unlike shock which never applies on targets because of thresholds.

Yea, nice logic.
Can someone tell me for my crit spark build, if I had to choose between "added lightning damage" vs "elemental focus", which one would be better?

My current links for spark are:
spark
added lightning damage
pierce
spell echo
increased duration
power charge on critical

I don't care about shock, since it's pretty useless anyway.
Last edited by kokojie on Mar 15, 2016, 2:01:16 AM
Are you sure shock is useless?

I played this gem on my FT Three Dragon build, but ended up removing it because the loss of status ailment is too sensible (even before I equipped 3D).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Are you sure shock is useless?

I played this gem on my FT Three Dragon build, but ended up removing it because the loss of status ailment is too sensible (even before I equipped 3D).

You can't reliably shock most rare/unique/boss, since they have high life. So what's left is blue/trash mobs. With crit build, they get one shot anyway, don't really need to shock them.

Basically, even if you shock a monster, assuming 100% shock chance, you still need minimum 2 hits to get any benefit at all. Given I don't build for shock with my build, my chance to shock on first hit on anything big is probably less than 5%. Pretty much useless for me. I'd trade for something like 10% MORE damage with no chance to shock any day.
Last edited by kokojie on Mar 15, 2016, 11:56:51 AM
this gem is very very powerful. I use it for my Explosive arrow (replaced slower projectiles) and totem inquisitor (replaced controlled dest).

GGG needs to balance it uo my making status ailments matter more: for example making prolif good again, buffing shock and burning.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info