Skill Reveal - Ancestral Protector

When you place the Ancestral Protector totem, a Karui ancestor appears, bound above the totem. Unlike other totems, the Karui ancestor will only remain active while its owner is closeby. However, while you're close to the totem, your own physical power is also bolstered, as the Ancestor grants more attack speed to its owner.

The Protector attacks with your strength, using your weapon with greatly increased range. It will attack a single enemy, but can be supported by Melee Splash to hit large groups. Here is a video of it in action, being used alongside other skills on a level 50 character.

Over time, we'll be introducing more Ancestral totems that fulfil a variety of roles. These will introduce new choices and playstyles for melee characters.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Chris on Feb 17, 2016, 5:47:55 PM
first :)

Melee totem hype!!!

A gem that would make the totem move around would be pretty cool!
Last edited by B00M on Feb 17, 2016, 5:39:45 PM
Sexy. Weird though that it appears to have shit range.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Feb 17, 2016, 5:31:35 PM
nice!
wew more summoner stuff hooray
Physical flame totem with an aura?
I'm not sure how a melee totem is going to be good for a melee character, but... okay!
Last edited by Imprecision on Feb 17, 2016, 5:30:49 PM
First thought - Old Scion quote: GET ON MY CHOPPA'!
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Looks interesring
I find it weird, but awesome!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info