Ascendancy Changes to Zana's Maps

Thank you Chris, this is a badly needed buff for solo mappers, as Zana used to be a very reliable source of maps. Not so much in the current patch.
meh...not the direction I wanted it to go.

I hope those maps are priced pretty high at least.
Thank you, GGG, for listening to your players!
Those changes sound gooooood.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
!!!!!!

Getting daily missions with ilvls above 75 again is exciting enough by itself, but being able to buy maps up to level 78 for just a few alchs? You can't see it, GGG, but I'm doing a happy dance in my chair.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
"
npavcec wrote:
Can you please put Map Tiers in the tables, not the level of the zones.
Can you not do this, please?
"
npavcec wrote:
Why is there so much confusion around maps?
Because map tiers were a terrible idea to begin with?
"
Jennik wrote:
I'm also really surprised at how terrible and unrewarding the new signature mod is. In the best case it's going to be negligibly better than just running an alched map, but at a higher cost. The previous one was at least worth running occasionally just for the nostalgia of seeing an Invasion boss.
^what he said
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Boem wrote:
Was this asked before?

What is happening with the invasion modifier? It would be sad to see that mod dissapear.

The mod that is being changed isn't the Invasion mod that appears on the map device along with all the other past-league mods; it's the signature prefix mod that appears on one blue items in her vendor shop each day.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
Zana openening higher maps: great
Zana selling even higher maps: even more great
Zana Signature Mod: great if it is an implicit, fail if it is a suffix/prefix on a magic. I can see myself scouring chisl alch those instead for more quantity then just aug->regal

And pls dont listen to anyone wanting free maps withing every mission, 100% drop chance at bosses, way easier bosses, and a bag of red maps every second day along with ice cream ...
ign: UpForJava
"
Cidira wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Was this asked before?

What is happening with the invasion modifier? It would be sad to see that mod dissapear.

The mod that is being changed isn't the Invasion mod that appears on the map device along with all the other past-league mods; it's the signature prefix mod that appears on one blue items in her vendor shop each day.

There is no invasion mod on the map device, there is however a signature "this map has one invasion boss" modifier on zana her maps.

?_?

I am asking what will happen to this modifier now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 7, 2016, 11:08:12 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
"
Cidira wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Was this asked before?

There is no invasion mod on the map device, there is however a signature "this map has one invasion boss" modifier on zana her maps.

?_?

I am asking what will happen to this modifier now.

Peace,

-Boem-

It disappears. Completely.

Unless there's an unannounced change to Invasion finally getting added as a normal, rollable affix.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

It disappears. Completely.

Unless there's an unannounced change to Invasion finally getting added as a normal, rollable affix.

I would be a very sad Boem if it just disappeared completely.

Invasion bosses are kick-ass and it's a shame the maps where never worth running for other reasons then the modifier itself.

1) low lvl tier when zana provides them to your character(so useless xp ratio's)
2) requiring to craft them up entirely, combined with 1) that was just silly.

I posted regularly that the modifier should have been an implicit, which might have made it worth while for mf runs etc.(allowing people to alch/chaos it appropriately)

I am hoping they put it in the map device as a very low-cost option, sacrificing the map iiq% bonus for an invasion boss sort of speak.

Something like 5 allts for shits and giggles!

The iiq is more important at higher tiers i reckon and unique's can no longer drop maps right?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info