Alternate way to level?

Usually alternative way to level is code for "faster way to level."

If you could level in an endless dungeon but it was repeatably and clearly slower would you do it?

In D3, Adventure mode quickly turned to "power level to 70" and nobody actually adventures.
"
Myrdynn wrote:
is there any thought of adding another type of game play in the future? You guys have so many seasons, so many awesome classes and specs, my only negative is that I quite frankly am bored to tears of running the same zones over and over and over.

Now with Ascendancy coming and even more potential builds, I dont even want to wake up on the beach that many more times.

PoE is all about rerolling and doing the same zones over and over again.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Barivius wrote:
Usually alternative way to level is code for "faster way to level."

If you could level in an endless dungeon but it was repeatably and clearly slower would you do it?

In D3, Adventure mode quickly turned to "power level to 70" and nobody actually adventures.

I wouldn't want an endless dungeon for leveling. If they had a 40 levels deep dungeon with 7-12 randomly rolled mods each level that went from level 60 to level 100 in map tier difficulty - and levels 80 and up were so brutal that the best players struggled to get through, if they managed at all....

And if this dungeon granted no experience gained or lost and very few items dropped (except for a handful of uniques that could only drop in that dungeone). I would definitely play it.

I might only make it to level 20 for a long time, but I'd enjoy the challenge of it.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
alternate way to level into what?? level 100? level 90? 80? 70? 60?

even if you do it very casually, it's 1 night/difficulty and you are on Merc and level 60.
d:-D*
It would help if at least all waypoints would be discovered for all chars in that league.
IF you want you could skip some things with your second char.

But it would need a reset every league.
"
Myrdynn wrote:
is there any thought of adding another type of game play in the future? You guys have so many seasons, so many awesome classes and specs, my only negative is that I quite frankly am bored to tears of running the same zones over and over and over.

Now with Ascendancy coming and even more potential builds, I dont even want to wake up on the beach that many more times.

Try pretending you are coming from the future, and you just have this weird kind of time-travel-hiccup, and you keep on getting to the same place over and over again.

There you go - no need to thank me!

On a serious note, what do you expect them to do? Create 4 new acts every 3 months?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Myrdynn wrote:

Try pretending you are coming from the future, and you just have this weird kind of time-travel-hiccup, and you keep on getting to the same place over and over again.

There you go - no need to thank me!

On a serious note, what do you expect them to do? Create 4 new acts every 3 months?

I don't think I suggested new acts or anything, how bout just random maps, how bout finding map pieces that scale to your level and you can do at any level. My level 80 can farm map pieces and my reroll can start doing them at level 2. Just something a little different.

I don't see why you can't also get a decent amount of experience from pvp. Less than pve but still something of worth.
A bit related, I get bored (and slightly annoyed) by how mostly every zone is made out of one theme.
I know it's a ton of work to create tilesets that blend every theme with the other, given the huge amount of themes we have now, but just imagine how much immersion and fun there would be:

Zones that merge effortlessly between multiple themes, starting in a forest, huge fields getting more barren, a dry rocky hill with caves, finally ending up in a misty swamp with paths leading into crumbled crypts. D3 had some of that, but I can't blame them, a multi billion $ company like them can afford it.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Myrdynn wrote:

PoE needs an endless dungeon. The deeper you go the harder the monsters scale up and the depth would be used to increase IIQ and monster difficulty. So dungeon level 100 would be 100% added IIQ and 100% tougher monsters. GGG could also take 1/2 of level as added monster quantity so dungeon level 100 equals 50% more monsters for maximum monster bashing fun (up to a limit that the PoE engine can handle). Each level would be a different map theme pulled from all zones so we would see Lunaris and Solaris Temple, Flooded Depths, etc. maps as we progress downward. Have a waypoint at the start of each level to be able to continue to drill down into monster hell to our hearts content and only show the last dungeon waypoint used on the waypoint map. There would be a ladder for each league and softcore/hardcore to show how far down players have gotten to. Provide bonus incentives every 25 levels down of some kind of character bling with a bigger bonus reward (maybe a stash tab) for every 100 levels. GGG could even go off the rails and reward a passive point every 100 levels deep traveled. Since the depths to which players can go is endless (or at least an unsigned 16 bit integer which is 65535 and impossible to reach) the no-lifer time unlimited players could push down forever.

As I stated in another post GGG needs to be lots more creative and stop thinking 2 dimensionally.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info