Alternate way to level?

I'd be happy if they just got rid of random power spikes on certain mobs/bosses.

You can cruise through entire acts half asleep than out of nowhere, dead instantly. No warning.
I love people saying they are bored with current leveling system, yet they propose one that is even more boring. Lol.

Leveling up quickly in current system by using right paths, some smart tricks and so on is a thing. If you know how to do it, you can level up REALLY quickly, and all the pathing and quests aren't a problem.

Is it the same every time? Tile sets - yes. Maps - no. You still get RANDOM maps.

You instead insist on creating a tunnel, that has endless maps. My guess would be you also want it to be a Ledge type map, so you only run in a line and kill stuff.
You said what? BOREDOM? And your argument is that these maps would be random... current maps are random already!

Truth be told, some people will always complain and want "something else", and no matter what GGG adds, they will still want more. Or you are just fascinated by D3's brilliant system.

And other than that, creating alternate system creates a meta in itself, where one system is better than the other, be it easier, faster etc. Yet another problem to fight with, which is in my opinion not worth it, since PoE from the very beginning was planned for 10 acts, with no repetition.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 8, 2016, 1:37:20 AM
for me, the only issue which spoils the fun leveling through normal content is: you can't use most of the items you find later on because they are just lower tier.
i otherwise absolutely like playing through the normal game.

darkshrine kind of solved that by giving longtime value to items with certain mods, independent of the itemlevel.

regarding op: that's what ggg describes as "expanding sideways" in expansion packs: instead just adding new acts they add more side zones along the way to act 4. it just takes alot of dev time to go ahead with these xpacs as dev power is limited compared to giants like blizzard.

ascendency dundeons will be such a zone, i'm sure you can level in there ;)

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The whole point of this thread is to discuss alternatives to endless mapping as the only thing to play in the endgame (PvP does not interest me). It is strange that some dismiss endless dungeon so quickly. The whole point is to kick around ideas. I think just keeping PoE the way it is is going to seriously hurt GGG with more and more long term non-elite players getting disillusioned on never being able to push a build to 100 and finally burn out on endless mapping and quit. Lack of things we can do after 100s of maps and have lost the desire to play another build from scratch is slowly draining my PoE enthusiasm. Just another twist on the basic game with a few new uniques, spells, monsters, and new obstacles (new ways to die) each new league isn't fueling my desire to play. Act 4 proved to be a big letdown for me (what!... another end zone uber boss to skip... Merc Malachai... yawn). I've been in from CB times and have played all the temp leagues.

Since I'll probably never achieve a level 100 build, never see a 6L drop (only once in a blue moon 5Ls and last one was a year ago) or ever accrue enough fusings to buy one, never ever win a race, never chance a unique, etc. then GGG should be smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall. I'm OK with my nevers in PoE but the lack of other ways to grind xp in the endgame and GGG's active desire to suppress xp to keep the <1% elite racers from level 100 is undermining my playing interest. Burnout from too much of anything is inevitable but GGG hasn't offered up anything else to do in over 3 years, it's maps, maps, and more maps ad nausea.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I think alternate leveling is more about the 1 to 85 than the 85 to 100, so the endless dungeon thing that you propose is not really relevant to the discussion (at least as you wrote it, T30 levels are unneeded when T15 areas are deadly enough). You are not going to level up to 100 or get a 6L, that's there for the masochists (and it's not needed anyway, and if you need it you have things like Tabula Rasa). You are going to have more support asking for less gated content, but not for easy access to experience and items.

Also, not having an upper limit on enemy power tends to funnel people to FOTM builds, and it makes less likely for developers to care about balance (think of Greater Rifts, Blizzard and blatant set powercreep).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Feb 8, 2016, 12:43:40 PM
It's time to withdraw cruel diff from the game.
"
Sa_Re wrote:

In March the Ascendancy expansion will be released which will introduce the following:

Ascendancy Skilltree:
The first time the player completes the Labyrinth on each difficulty, he will receive two Ascendancy Skill Points for its skill tree for a total of 6 Ascendancy Skill Points.

Enchantment:
In Normal difficulty, only gloves can be enchanted. In cruel, both gloves and boots can be enchanted and in Merciless helmets, gloves and boots can be enchanted. Each difficulty, higher versions of the enchantments from the previous difficulty beccome available.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I know that it won't go yet.

But if you die a stupid death at early mapping phase and have to reroll again a few days later, 3x4 acts is just too much. ._.
"
Perq wrote:
I love people saying they are bored with current leveling system, yet they propose one that is even more boring. Lol.

Leveling up quickly in current system by using right paths, some smart tricks and so on is a thing. If you know how to do it, you can level up REALLY quickly, and all the pathing and quests aren't a problem.

Is it the same every time? Tile sets - yes. Maps - no. You still get RANDOM maps.

You instead insist on creating a tunnel, that has endless maps. My guess would be you also want it to be a Ledge type map, so you only run in a line and kill stuff.
You said what? BOREDOM? And your argument is that these maps would be random... current maps are random already!

Truth be told, some people will always complain and want "something else", and no matter what GGG adds, they will still want more. Or you are just fascinated by D3's brilliant system.

And other than that, creating alternate system creates a meta in itself, where one system is better than the other, be it easier, faster etc. Yet another problem to fight with, which is in my opinion not worth it, since PoE from the very beginning was planned for 10 acts, with no repetition.

sorry but yes I do feel like D3's system is much closer to brilliant. You have multiple things to do. Sometimes I push GR's solo, or I find a meta group, sometimes I speed farm t10's for loot and DB's, sometimes I join bounties and get crafting materials. Sometimes I do an Uber farm, over and over to make Hellfire amulets. Then when all that is said and done, you can do a never boring Cow or Vault farm with a team, and stock up on gold and gems.

POE gives 1 thing to do, and you have to play the game that way.

I prefer variety. That being said, I still love POE, I just don't want to do the ACTs again, I didn't anywhere say it needs to be endless ledge, I think ledge is dumb and love the more open zones, I know how to level faster, also, but that doesnt change the fact that I have to go thru the acts to do it
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

In March the Ascendancy expansion will be released which will introduce the following:

Ascendancy Skilltree:
The first time the player completes the Labyrinth on each difficulty, he will receive two Ascendancy Skill Points for its skill tree for a total of 6 Ascendancy Skill Points.

Enchantment:
In Normal difficulty, only gloves can be enchanted. In cruel, both gloves and boots can be enchanted and in Merciless helmets, gloves and boots can be enchanted. Each difficulty, higher versions of the enchantments from the previous difficulty beccome available.

First time seeing this, thanks for the info. OMG my body is ready.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info