MMORPG.com reveals the new Shadow Ascendancy Class: The Trickster

"
Burekpie wrote:
don't even bother, there is really small chance that cyclone (skill known as one with op dmg but high mana cost) will keep "movement" tag, also pretty sure they will do same to flicker since no one uses those skills to move around really.

Why would they not?

Free cost Cyclone is one really big upside for Trickster. A lot of the other benefits are nice to have but not essential.

It compares favorably to stuff like permanent Fortify, Surgeon's on every flask, 5L helm/gloves/boots, and so on.
you really want me to try self-cast lightning warp again, dont you?
(would go totem but ever since the big duration nerf they are pretty much RIP)
Oblivious
trickster cyclone HYPE
So, would this hint at the 50% Less Energy Shield on Acrobatics would be getting removed/lowered? Because that would be amazing, especially for the crazies who like to go in melee with an evasion/es hybrid.
Does the 60% Increased life/es/mana recovery affect things like life regeneration and zealots oath? If so that has me torn between making my ES RF character as an Inquistor or as a Trickster. Now my choice lie between (1% life regen, 70% increased elemental dmg, and consecrated ground) or (Or all the benefits of the trickster) Still would like to know what the little nodes do but would definitely get the DoT, max es and probably the chance to dodge
I love how they put Incinerate in that video
"Hey guys, look how cool incinerate is with 5% chance to regenerate 10% mana... please use it after we completely destroyed it in the last patch"
Last edited by _Interrupt_ on Feb 4, 2016, 5:00:30 PM
I don't think that cyclone will loose it's movement tag, i just think it'll suffer some internal labelling (like what was done with the master daily).

I can only hope that it will work.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I think it is ok that it buffes cyclone so much.

Because on the one hand the mana cost of cylone are high but for a shadow as kind of spell caster not to high. You can work around that...

Also a cyclone without anything else like mjölner, coc, blade vortex or any other good side effect or a really strong weapon, is kind of weak in my opinion. Ok, you are stun-immune while hitting a lot of mobs but cylone by itself is not a strong attack. The only advantage I see in it is, that it is fast for small fries. The problem with all of the OP-Cyclone-Builds are based in cyclone itself an can easily abused by any class.

Also let´s be honest all Ascendary classes are kind of OP. The pathfinder is drug abuser who should never be sobber, the Inquisitor, champion and juggernauts are extremly tanky... and the other classes could also become extremly op...

Also keep in mind that skills and passives are going to be getting tweaked anyway, it could easily nerf cyclone and this would just buff it a bit
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Coal48 wrote:
well shit, I leveled up a Shadow in Talisman league that uses Ethereal Knives but it has no Ascendancy class to beef up physical spell damage despite the neutral physical nodes on the passive tree

that was wasted, should have made a Ranger, Deadeye can work with Ethereal Knives but it's not optimal, there are attack speed and accuracy boosts unused

The Witch and Scion are left, the Witch is placed too far to the left for my build, she would be at a serious disadvantage

My hope lies in the Scion now...

Go Assassin with Toxic Delivery (made for poison EK) & one of the crit paths. Could also throw RF on there since you'd take 10% less damage from the self-burn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info