MMORPG.com reveals the new Shadow Ascendancy Class: The Trickster

"
Turbodevil wrote:
Lol

This league I played almost exlusively Shadow build based on:

DoT spells (ED, Contagion, Abyssal cry + poison, Wither totem)
Because 4 spells are used, I need cast speed too.
Defense is Evasion/Acrobatics/MoM/Life/A bit energy shield on top so I dont get instakilled

I called him Tricstar. Because Trickster was taken.

Reading new class announcement.

That's my char! :D

Haha, that's nice. What a coincidence.
____

I don't see a problem with Acro and the Trickster-Tree. If Acro wouldn't half ES, it would be basically mandatory for this Tree, now it's something that can still work, but you can skip it to go more on EHP. But idk, maybe they change it anyway.
Love this Ascendancy Class! I could even see it work with Armour/ES Gear and Evasion by Grace.
IGN: Scordalia_
Variety Overkill !
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
i guess i know what i will play next :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
DarkHeart69 wrote:
"
Noshei wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Cyclone is a movement skill right...epic boost to it if this works with it(i get the feeling it wont though)

Flicker Strike is also a Movement skill. Free flicker with 10% change for frenzy charge on kill and +1 frenzy. Looks like this is the new class for Flicker builds.

Yeah, flicker without needing blood magic or high leech is nice.

Flicker strikers would often use poachers mark set up on blasphemy in order to keep mana up. Well, at least that is how i have mine set up. If this (Movement/No mana Cost) thing works with flicker, i wouldnt have to rely on poachers to keep flickering. Yay to more "Reliable" Flickers!
BUT, like all cool things that could have been, GGG is just gonna make it so it doesnt work. God forbid something usefull makes it into the game. And if it does then NERF!!!!!!

Cyclone: Movement tag on it >>>>>>>>>> (GGG: "oh boy. Did we miss that? hmmmmm NERF!!!!!"
Flicker Strike: Movement tag >>>>>>>>> (GGG: "Maybe we should rework the wording of the skill? Nah...NERF!!!!!"
I have some questions about Patient Reaper:
a) If a hit aplies poison/burn(like 100% chance to aply) but does one-shot an Enemy with its "base" damage, does it trigger PR ?
b) Does PR, while active, increase life leached ? If yes, I guess it also works(boosts) with VP?

And for those who are sure Cyclone will bu unaffected... well it should, as there are not many movement skills at all and I daubt most classes who use cyclone will take Trickster before other Ascendancy Classes (CoC Assasin?)... Either way, IDC, Flicker Trickster FtW :)
IGN Bzyk

R.I.P. No-Aegis Necro tank (3.2.0) ;(
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Looks to me like you're killing the golden goose. These huge bonuses are going to ruin the current game... pretty much completely. Hope you all know what you're doing, but I'm not willing to support it.

I can't say this hasn't come to my mind few times...

I really like all the changes and new possibilities, but I am bit concerned about power creeps and balance issues.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
rdespair wrote:
Go Assassin with Toxic Delivery (made for poison EK) & one of the crit paths. Could also throw RF on there since you'd take 10% less damage from the self-burn.

"
Rakiii wrote:
Lol, are you crazy? Check The Assassin Shadow class. Ek works perfect with hatred + crit = all freezed and dead:)

Yeah but I don't want to go elemental and crit, it was supposed to be a ranged alternative to melee

Resolute technique = can't miss
Spells can't miss

Armour nodes
Converting energy shield into armour

physical only means more "reliable" dps, I've made a bow user that used added fire damage, hatred and herald of ash, the dps was decent but in the end I was weak because elemental damage is highly mitigated by enemy resists

as for crit, I just hate the mechanic itself, the me, when you don't crit, it feels like if you miss and the most I was able the theorycraft was ~50% final chance to crit, so "missing" half the time doesn't appeal to me at all
Last edited by Coal48 on Feb 5, 2016, 10:47:59 AM
flicker mod turn on?
"
OsmosXTRM wrote:
Flicker strikers would often use poachers mark set up on blasphemy in order to keep mana up. Well, at least that is how i have mine set up. If this (Movement/No mana Cost) thing works with flicker, i wouldnt have to rely on poachers to keep flickering. Yay to more "Reliable" Flickers!

well you still might need poacher's in order to keep maintaining frenzy charges to override flickers cooldown though. blood rage and this tree, 35% chance to gain a frenzy on death...i guess it MIGHT be enough if you one shot entire packs.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Looks to me like you're killing the golden goose. These huge bonuses are going to ruin the current game... pretty much completely. Hope you all know what you're doing, but I'm not willing to support it.

if they know what they're doing, why wouldn't you support that? its when they don't know what they're doing that you shouldn't support it, unless of course its more of a personal thing than what GGG are doing.
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 5, 2016, 11:41:55 AM
For Christsake, upload these on your own website too. I understand that you're trying to attract new players from these various gaming sites, but not putting a detailed copy on your own forums makes you seem like amateurs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info