MMORPG.com reveals the new Shadow Ascendancy Class: The Trickster

well shit, I leveled up a Shadow in Talisman league that uses Ethereal Knives but it has no Ascendancy class to beef up physical spell damage despite the neutral physical nodes on the passive tree

that was wasted, should have made a Ranger, Deadeye can work with Ethereal Knives but it's not optimal, there are attack speed and accuracy boosts unused

The Witch and Scion are left, the Witch is placed too far to the left for my build, she would be at a serious disadvantage

My hope lies in the Scion now...
"
veek91 wrote:
that part kicked in immediately for me as well. no mana cost cyclone. omg.

Pretty sure that would be an exception, the same way it's an exception for not dropping Karui Spirits
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Cyclone is a movement skill right...epic boost to it if this works with it(i get the feeling it wont though)

Free cost Cyclone sounds good to me.
Free cost Lightning Warp totems/traps sounds good too, but only because I'm a build hipster. :<

---

Seems like a pretty good ascendancy class. Strong but doesn't seem overly strong.

I absolutely adore GGG trying to make eva/es more prominent. It's a long lost defense that has slowly but surely been coming back into favor from buffs.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Cyclone is a movement skill right...epic boost to it if this works with it(i get the feeling it wont though)

Free cost Cyclone sounds good to me.
Free cost Lightning Warp totems/traps sounds good too, but only because I'm a build hipster. :<

---

Seems like a pretty good ascendancy class. Strong but doesn't seem overly strong.

I absolutely adore GGG trying to make eva/es more prominent. It's a long lost defense that has slowly but surely been coming back into favor from buffs.

The new claw/shield seems like it could work well if dual wielded, 15% block from each plus the dual wield block bonus, and easy eva/es...if only the damage was higher on the new weapon but you could go cast on crit with some fortify thrown in
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
+
+ Walk the Ether = EZ no mana cost-crit-cyclone.

That would be so awesome. But, somebody above me mentioned, I get the feeling that Cyclone is going to have its "Movement" tag removed. Would be a shame, though.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Last edited by Anseth on Feb 4, 2016, 3:58:33 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Flicker Strike is also a Movement skill. Free flicker with 10% change for frenzy charge on kill and +1 frenzy. Looks like this is the new class for Flicker builds.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
"
Noshei wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Flicker Strike is also a Movement skill. Free flicker with 10% change for frenzy charge on kill and +1 frenzy. Looks like this is the new class for Flicker builds.

Yeah, flicker without needing blood magic or high leech is nice.
Caustic Arrow Trickster hype, i love you GGG :D
Patient Reaper increases the Trickster's Damage over Time effects and provides huge recovery bonuses when they kill enemies. This combines well with the regenerative effect of the Essence Drain skill.

Time to dust of that Bino's and starta build boys :D
don't even bother, there is really small chance that cyclone (skill known as one with op dmg but high mana cost) will keep "movement" tag, also pretty sure they will do same to flicker since no one uses those skills to move around really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info