Let me dispel some of your illusions about auction houses.

"
enjoyed trading, hated having to play the ah

While this is a some-what valid point, POE has its money as a consumable currency used to create the best items in game. This is also highly unique to POE and, I believe, would stop "having to play the ah" massively in comparison to other games.

The current system is too confusing for new players. Its a straight forward problem, without a straight forward answer. An AH has downsides, admittedly, but in this game, it would have a whole hell of a lot more benefits.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
The more effective 5 minutes spent trading is the larger the wealth gap between people who spend 5 minutes a day trading and people who spend 10 hours a day trading will get, essentially, which makes all sorts of existing problems far worse.

That doesn't work for Standard where things are already "far worse". You wouldn't see a difference over here, besides better trading experience (i.e. not having to communicate with douches with their "offer?" and other wonderful phrases like that) and cheaper items. Come to think of it... those 2 differences just might actually make the game batter?! How about that! D:
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:52:52 AM
"
Hackusations wrote:
I spent many years being an entrepreneur in WoW's AH. I was gold capped several times over, bought all the expensive doodads and mounts, sold/traded gold for time cards (RMT omg!), paid for PvE raid carries, etc... There was really nothing I couldn't acquire once I had near unlimited funds. Ironically, I was relatively amateurish compared to the true 1% of WoW gold making elite.

So how did I make all this gold on the AH? By killing content, farming for high demand/rare items, and crafting. JUST KIDDING!!! I sat in town camping the AH while running a horde(pun) of 3rd party programs, websites, and even phone notification apps.

And nobody sees anything wrong with that? Seriously what the hell is the point of the game if you're just playing auction house simulator. When did people stop playing games for fun/entertainment?

Hell, who the hell paid for WoW to go out of your way to not play the game, just sit in town trading pixels. Most cringe-worthy thing I've read all morning.

I prefer no trading over this degree of lifelessness. I'd prefer no trading over bots and people fucking the market over through manipulation; seriously, you don't need 1000 exalts, especially when people have been playing for years, the real way, and have found maybe 1 or 2. I'm sorry, I want to play a game, not look at a stupid 3rd party video game economy tracker or whatever it is. I still actually have a life. I'd rather find my own items.

"
And nobody sees anything wrong with that? Seriously what the hell is the point of the game if you're just playing auction house simulator. When did people stop playing games for fun/entertainment?

Hell, who the hell paid for WoW to go out of your way to not play the game, just sit in town trading pixels. Most cringe-worthy thing I've read all morning.

I think that's what this topic is actually about... From you lack of support for a free game, and lack of challenges (even 1), I can only assume you're some f2p troll trying to fight progress?

"trading pixels"? Off-topic, but how is this different to trading currency outside of a video-game?
"
13elial wrote:

I think that's what this topic is actually about... From you lack of support for a free game, and lack of challenges (even 1), I can only assume you're some f2p troll trying to fight progress?

"trading pixels"? Off-topic, but how is this different to trading currency outside of a video-game?

Nice assumptions bro.

Get rekt with your attitude. Like any of what you just wrote is relevant to an opinion or this topic.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
13elial wrote:
"

Uh.. here's one huge difference. One's real and the other isn't - This is a game, dumb ass.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Really? You can't find an item that will work for you from somebody who is online when you are? Out of the thousands of items, you can't live without the ones listed by people not online? If it's a substantially lower price than similar items and that's why you want it, you are wasting your time. The listing was made when the price was lower during a different meta and that offline person probably hasn't logged in since the time that price was market value. An easier trade system or auction house wouldn't solve that. Instead of the item listed with the seller offline, the item just wouldn't be listed at all because the listing would have expired months ago.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+time+zone+and+why+the+fuck+have+I+not+understood+what+it+means+by+now%3F
What+the+fuck+does+this+online+only+filter+do+and+why+can't+I+figure+out+how+to+toggle+it? Or maybe why+do+I+want+the+item+from+somebody+not+online+when+thousands+of+items+are+sold+by+people+in+my+timezone.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Boem wrote:
"
13elial wrote:

Nice assumptions bro.

Get rekt with your attitude. Like any of what you just wrote is relevant to an opinion or this topic.

Peace,

-Boem-

I am responding to a prior post, that makes it "on topic".

Everything that i've said in previous posts is relevant to experiences using Auction Halls, and playing other games which use them as well.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

"
I prefer no trading over this degree of lifelessness. I'd prefer no trading over bots and people fucking the market over through manipulation; seriously, you don't need 1000 exalts, especially when people have been playing for years, the real way, and have found maybe 1 or 2. I'm sorry, I want to play a game, not look at a stupid 3rd party video game economy tracker or whatever it is. I still actually have a life. I'd rather find my own items.

Nice to see SFSC update his original post to include something on topic now though.

Well, you would be a minority then. This game requires trading due to the rarity of items. Unlike D3 which removed trading in favor of massively increased drop rates.

"
Uh.. here's one huge difference. One's real and the other isn't - This is a game you turd.

Actually, the in-game currency has real-world value provided by RMT (Real Money Trading), therefore trading POE currency is no different to trading any other. I wouldn't expect you to understand this concept however. Your responses are inflammatory and unproductive, which likely indicates your age.
Again: the situation described in the OP is happening now, not some dire future. If you think this game doesn't have an auction house, that's only because you haven't used poe.trade and Acquisition/Procurement simultaneously.

If you do not like the effect of trading automation on in-game economies, that's fine and all, but you should realize the futility of your position. Trading automation isn't an option, it is an inevitability, for any game economy. GGG cannot design an economy where it doesn't exist (the closest they could get is no economy at all). Indexers, shop thread creators, SMS pushers are all current third-party tools, and there is nothing GGG could do to prevent it.

This has been true since Diablo 2 and the days of d2jsp, but it should be blatantly obvious by now.

If GGG took away the ability to link items on the forums, some guy out there would create a .jpg parser. Then that information would get funneled into indexers. People would just screenshot items instead.

About the only thing GGG has control over is whether one-click buying, a la D3 AH, is a thing or not. It shouldn't be. Everything else, it will happen, whether GGG wants it to or not, whether you want it to or not.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 4, 2016, 11:34:42 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Again: the situation described in the OP is happening now, not some dire future. If you think this game doesn't have an auction house, that's only because you haven't used poe.trade and Acquisition/Procurement simultaneously.

If you do not like the effect of trading automation on in-game economies, that's fine and all, but you should realize the futility of your position. Trading automation isn't an option, it is an inevitability, for any game economy. GGG cannot design an economy where it doesn't exist (the closest they could get is no economy at all). Indexers, shop thread creators, SMS pushers are all current third-party tools, and there is nothing GGG could do to prevent it.

This has been true since Diablo 2 and the days of d2jsp, but it should be blatantly obvious by now.

Agreed

"
About the only thing GGG has control over is whether one-click trading, a la D3 AH, is a thing or not. It shouldn't be. Everything else, it will happen, whether GGG wants it to or not, whether you want it to or not.

Based on everything that you have written, how have you reached this conclusion (underlined). It's an inevitability, therefore GGG should enact some damage control/mitigation to help the system.

If nothing else, how would a system which allowed players visibility into the currencies current worth be a negative? Do you not think that newer players being continually screwed by veterans is a bad thing? How can this benefit the economy in any way?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info