[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

Hi m8, great build, wanna thank You for Your work. Love the idea of using the new jews with posion.
Got a nice inprovment that might take the build to the next level, try to add enhance support gem to heretic veil. Im not sure if we will be albe to sustain mana but if we will manage it will greatly improve our def. Heretic: Englithen + Enhance + Temp Chains + Enfeeble.
not a fan of dropping discipline for extra strength on curses

you lose something like 1300-1400 total es with my tree and gain 8% more slow and 8% reduced accuracy and crit with lvl 3 enhance

now worth in my book

Focusing on curses like running tri curse or stacking curse effectiveness/quality is probably only useful on uber atziri because it's more important to oneshot and slow the bosses than having a bit more ES

for what i intend to do Discipline > curse shennanigans
IGN JustifiedF
how much tooltip dps u have on bladefall trap?
tooltip dps is for the most part irrelevant cause it only calculates per hit damage and not the poison, so if you stacked phys/spell dmg nodes you could inflate the tooltip dps while doing less damage than if you took trap damage nodes, in general it doesn't really give you an idea of what gives you more damage, you should always do the math yourself

rule of thumb is if the nodes/mods have similar value you should choose this order of priority:

trap dmg = area dmg > phys dmg = spell dmg > chaos damage > damage over time = poison damage

chaos damage is slightly better than dot/poison because it boosts your 25% added from atziri's flask on initial hit and also boosts the poison damage but it's not a huge difference as fro example difference between trap damage and spell damage

but if you're really curious about the number 3,7k with deerstalker and trap cooldown support gem

IGN JustifiedF
So how much tooltip dmg do you guys have?

Why not go for crit bladefall?

Deadly infusion and Toxic Delivery seem like sooo good?

I mean wouldn't substiantly boost dmg?

I'm kinda gridlocked doubting to go crit, it woud require like 10 skillpoints to spec into (2 pc, doomcast and assasination + ascendancy seems like really good?)

Ending up with 7 pc seems like a good deal ?

I'm asking tooltip so I can compare to people who actually posted stats on crit builds ...

0.5 cc * 7 = 3.5 cc => base 5 + 3.5 = 8.5 base
8 cm * 7 = 56 cm
50% increased * 7 = 350% inc + 100% (doomcast) + 70 (assa + trickery) = 520%

=> 52.7 CC and 266 CM

On top of that you can go for cull or deadly toxin

In other words;

option a)

30% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit with Attacks // useless?
40% chance to Poison on Hit against Bleeding Enemies // useless
50% chance to Maim on Hit against Poisoned Enemies // usefull? Mini-temp chains?
30% increased Skill Effect Duration if you've Killed a Maimed Enemy Recently // Don't know ?

10% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage against Bleeding Enemies // This seems good? Only 30% chance to cause bleeding though?
Poison you inflict with Critical Strikes deals 100% more Damage // Seems really good? 100% MORE dmg
Bleeding you inflict with Critical Strikes deal 100% more Damage // 30% => 100% MORE

option b)

+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are on Full Life // Good I guess? => 306 CM
100% more Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are on Full Life // 61.2 cc ? Added benifit?

Hits deal 30% increased Damage against Enemies that are on Low Life
100% more Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are on Low Life // 61.2 cc
Critical Strikes have Culling Strike // Culling is awesome :)

Suggest tree; Drop some hybrid nodes that suck anyway;

Last edited by sklipnoty on Jun 9, 2016, 3:37:18 PM
i don't go crit because it's useless

doing t8-9 and i'm still oneshotting everything with deerstalker and trap cooldown gem in my links

i already talked about it a lot but the summary is:

crit doesn't improve your clearspeed because you already have enough damage to kill everything in 1 trap set, only thing that can improve your clear speed is trap cooldown

and by not going Saboteur you lose 40% trap cooldown which is irreplaceable

You'd just oneshot faster and still be limited by your trap cooldown

All those tooltip dps boosts and shit you get is irrelevant in the big picture if you're runnning out of traps and you have to wait for them to recharge

the hybrid nodes you dropped that you think "suck" are some of the most efficient ES nodes on the tree

namely Melding cluster which you use with Energy from withing ends up giving you extra 15% ES on top of what it already gives you

Written in blood also ends up being more than 6% ES per node which is better than nodes around Foresight and if you plan to drop any ES nodes you drop those first

edit: also those assassin nodes are worse than they look at the first sight

maim is not temp chains, it's just movement speed slow, temp chains is action speed slow which affects movespeed, cast speed and attack speed

poison you deal with critical strikes deals 100% more damage, poison is 20% of your hit dmg over 2 seconds so you gain extra 20% more total damage, not 100% more total damage

there is no way to proc bleeding with traps so you don't get the extra physical added as chaos benefit

All assassin gives you is crit, and most of that crit comes from power charges, which are incredibly clunky to get with traps

You would either have to

a) use assasins mark so the kills from poison grant you charges

b) use some kind of a self cast pcoc setup which is incredibly clunky and would end up lowering both your clear speed and the enjoyment of the build

All that for something that doesn't even make your mapping faster and gives you insignifcant DPS boost

This build could already do Uber Atziri comfortably before the Coated SHrapnel jewels when it had to use poison gem, Uber is going to be even easier now, you don't even need DPS in that fight let alone in anything else

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 9, 2016, 4:47:10 PM
Well you don't one-shot everything in your uber video so hence the question.

I just calculated and the hybrid nodes are 1.25% more efficient than going for the Unnatural Calm cluster with the same amount of points. (Regardless of recharge rate)

We could use tora weapon or other uniques to get bleed on hit. You get a 10% chance to gain pc on non-crit with ass. Let alone you can run blasphemy and ass mark and further increase cc + leech. I also forgot to take into account Blast Cascade (15% chance on trigger for pc) and heartseeker. But in total that would require another 10 points. Bringing the total up to 20 for this change.

I disagree that the dps boost would be insignificant. I think it would be very significant however 40% might be too much too lose.

Overall saboteur feels like very underpowered.

Can have up to 2 additional Remote Mines placed at a time // useless?
You gain 8% increased Damage for each Trap // 11 * 8 = 88 increased dmg
You gain 4% increased Area of Effect for each Mine // useless?
10% chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time // ?

20% increased Trap Damage // good
40% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed for throwing Traps // very useful
10% increased Area of Effect radius for Traps // useful
When your Traps Trigger, your nearby Traps also Trigger // semi-useful

Immune to Blind // good
25% chance to create a Smoke Cloud when Hit // meh
25% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit // good

30% increased Damage against Blinded Enemies // good?
6% reduced Damage taken from Blinded Enemies
50% increased Blind duration

Overall you get 115.5 increased dmg / 10% radius / 40% cooldown recov. / blind

That's not very impressive. Espcially compared to the other options.
Last edited by sklipnoty on Jun 9, 2016, 5:39:49 PM
10% chance to gain power charge on non crit doesn't work with traps

bleed on hit on weapon(tora signature mod or vagan lvl 8 mod) is local to attacks from that weapon, doesn't apply globally to skills

I don't oneshot in my Uber video because i never fully specced the build around Uber

i just went in there with my mapping setup, if i did all the tweaks and changed my tree around Uber it would oneshot with ease, i already had runs where i oneshot literally everything with the setup but it was rng due to cluster trap not always overlapping

if i could have been arsed to, i'd have recolored my chest for full single target setup and used that but that was too much work :D

Blast Cascade is terrible because you waste like 5 points getting there and it can't keep up charges( trust me i tried on my fire trapper, it barely ever triggers)

Saboteur is not underpowered, it's the best class for builds that use Trap gem, native trap builds(fire, ice) might prefer other classes because they aren't that much reliant on cooldown recovery but in general Saboteur offers everything trappers ever needed

It just doesn't have flashy more multipliers so people who don't understand the nuances of trap builds are keen to see it as underpowered

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 9, 2016, 6:28:11 PM
So I've read through your build several times now, really like it, but I would like to make a request. You have several passive trees littered throughout, and I'm going to admit to being a tiny bit slow here. Would it be possible to more clearly list them in order of where to go, when to transition, which trees are for which setups, etc? I see the first couple leveling trees, but then you have 3 or 4 other passive trees as well and I'm a tiny bit confused about where I should be aiming after cruel malachai. Especially since shifting from life to CI is going to require a pretty big investment in passive swaps, I would imagine.

Sorry, love the build, but I'm just a little lost with passive order/reworking :) Feel free to laugh.
Added a more clear cut passive tree progression, sorry if it was to cluttered, once i get more time i'll completely reformat and clean up the guide but right now i'm still focusing on playing
IGN JustifiedF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info