[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

High spell damage + attack speed or Binos

Imo after extensive testing last league Binos does not improve clear speed significantly if at all since the introduction of Cluster Trap

So i prioritize getting a high Attack speed Sai dagger for extra block chance and faster movement which is IMO a much bigger boost to your overall speed than Bino's
IGN JustifiedF
You should whip up a quick life based version for people to run until they can afford the CI type gear if you get a chance.

I played a bladefall last league and liked it a lot, however, the trap cooldown still was hindering my clearspeed. I'm assuming the 6L is necessary if you want to reduce the CD even more?
i have a life based tree in the first post i used myself, but it doesn't really take much to transition into CI

This is my current gear

not even lvl 80 yet, 8100 ES, total cost of gear ~25c not counting Kiara's flask which isn't a necessity yet, it's probably even cheaper now to get the same ES threshold cause i bought most of my items yesterday

I am comfortably doing t3-5 maps atm and can't recall if i ever even dropped to below 50% ES

Currently saving up for rumis and then heretics, after that i'll sort my double curse setup

As you can see i'm already using trap cooldown in my deerstalker and the damage is still insane, i don't think 6L is even needed until highest tiers of maps to feel comfortable

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 7, 2016, 10:32:20 AM
Is it really not worth grabbing the damage over time nodes?
not really, i had the math but i accidentally deleted it when i was updating the guide for the previous league

basically any of the damage over time nodes give you such a small boost to your overall damage, i mean if you're at lvl 95+ and you took all the good stuff you planned to take i'd rather take some trap throwing speed nodes over the DOT nodes

Only ones i'd even consider are the Fatal toxin nodes,

and Entropy vs Will of Blades is pretty even when it comes to math, it's just that on mapping i prefer more upfront damage over dot but it's really negligable difference

In general for mapping you don't need any damage nodes outside the trap nodes which are for the most part incredibly efficient and maybe Force Shapper but that's like post lvl 90

If you're focusing on Uber you might wanna drop some ES nodes for damage because 1 shotting becomes more important there and you want to reach that treshhold

IGN JustifiedF
I've been considering doing a BF trapper and stumbled over your build. I've been working based on another guide, not quite following it completely, but was getting a lot of ideas from it. Was wondering how their passive tree compared to yours:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1BnAHHg5IES8RlhNtFAkWvxvgIuIi6iP2JogmlSpNKwowcTB8MgEzeDWSNj03FzfUOkI64T8nR-JJE0lRSshLV0t4TZJN406fUUdRTFVLVvpZbV3yX5hfsGHiYetiT2KsZKpnTmo2aoxsCGyMbqpvd2-ecFF2b3aCelN6f3vDfVt-sH8rhMWJ4IqvjX2Nv4_6kA2QEZMflS6bJpuGm7WdqqLZpDmmV6xHsNiyGbTFtNG1SLXytzC3dcDjwuzDOsgMyBTJBspKzzLPetQj1S7WvthU2L3b592o5ljnOujV6NbrY-wY7T_uFfDV8Yrxs_JF9W_2n_4K_o8=

I was doing a life based setup but never really thought about trying a CI based one. How would you compare the two as far as uber or t15 viable, especially as far as ease of setup and getting there?
"
Justifi3d wrote:
i have a life based tree in the first post i used myself, but it doesn't really take much to transition into CI

This is my current gear

not even lvl 80 yet, 8100 ES, total cost of gear ~25c not counting Kiara's flask which isn't a necessity yet, it's probably even cheaper now to get the same ES threshold cause i bought most of my items yesterday

I am comfortably doing t3-5 maps atm and can't recall if i ever even dropped to below 50% ES

Currently saving up for rumis and then heretics, after that i'll sort my double curse setup

As you can see i'm already using trap cooldown in my deerstalker and the damage is still insane, i don't think 6L is even needed until highest tiers of maps to feel comfortable

I see you are using double curse in your blasphemy setup without any +1 item. Is it applying the first linked curse only, or did i miss a +1 curse somewhere?
i personally don't like the life based builds after the introduction of so many spike damage mechanics that can literally oneshot you or hit you for well over 7-8k damage in heavy damage maps (volatiles, bearers, heavy phys dmg amplified with double added elemental dmg mods etc.) and now so many mobs have been buffed in damage in this patch

For mid tier mapping and maybe low red maps i think life based can work if you stack a lot of mitigation

If i was doing a life based build for uber i'd probably be using Rathpith and getting 75/75 block because otherwise the trash would be able to kill you even with 6K life, i've been hit by curse immune puncture snakes for 5k damage in Alluring Abyss

Technically if you reach the damage treshhold to oneshot Uber Vaal and split phase you don't need any defense and you can take your time with trash clearing and carefully decoy totem your way through the zone

It's just that going with ES allows for more margin of error and you can play it faster and not worry so much about getting randomly oneshot, and that's my kind of playstyle so i went with it

edit:

I'm not using double curse, it's just linked but i'm currently using only Enfeeble

Double curse setup requires Heretics + at least lvl 2 Enlighten and some more mana nodes until you reach higher levels and have enough unreserved mana, i won't worry about that until i feel my damage is lacking enough to use Vuln
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 9, 2016, 6:13:21 AM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
i personally don't like the life based builds after the introduction of so many spike damage mechanics that can literally oneshot you or hit you for well over 7-8k damage in heavy damage maps (volatiles, bearers, heavy phys dmg amplified with double added elemental dmg mods etc.) and now so many mobs have been buffed in damage in this patch

For mid tier mapping and maybe low red maps i think life based can work if you stack a lot of mitigation

If i was doing a life based build for uber i'd probably be using Rathpith and getting 75/75 block because otherwise the trash would be able to kill you even with 6K life, i've been hit by curse immune puncture snakes for 5k damage in Alluring Abyss

Technically if you reach the damage treshhold to oneshot Uber Vaal and split phase you don't need any defense and you can take your time with trash clearing and carefully decoy totem your way through the zone

It's just that going with ES allows for more margin of error and you can play it faster and not worry so much about getting randomly oneshot, and that's my kind of playstyle so i went with it

edit:

I'm not using double curse, it's just linked but i'm currently using only Enfeeble

Double curse setup requires Heretics + at least lvl 2 Enlighten and some more mana nodes until you reach higher levels and have enough unreserved mana, i won't worry about that until i feel my damage is lacking enough to use Vuln

So you would not recommend getting a doedre's ring for that purpose early on? I like to have temp chains in my blasphemy setup, but i guess that i'll wait till i got enough currency for a Heretics :)
no, i don't consider double curse mandatory until higher maps

i think it's too much currency investment when not really necessary both survivability and damage wise, heretics + double curse is more of an edngame goal, if it was like 2-3 weeks into the league it would be easy but right now heretics + decent +1 curse ammy you're looking at 7 ex at least to get that extra slow or extra bit of damage

Heretic also seems to be one of the items impacted by the rarity change, it has like more than doubled in price and there's much less of them on the market compared to last time this league and i don't believe it's just cause no Cadiro or less players

Although Chayula seems to have become more common, there are already quite a few +1 curse chayulas and they're 1c uncorrupted whereas last league they were 3-5c and there was like 1 +1 curse chayula available 1 week into the league

thankfully the Kiara flask seems to be a great addition and + curse chayula won't be BIS anymore so that's some exalts saved there compared to random +1 curse ammy
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Jun 9, 2016, 8:37:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info