Skill Reveal - Earthquake

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but for reference the links are:

Earthquake - Fortify - Less Duration - Melee Physical Damage - Increased AoE.

Looks like the character is using a Marohi, so that's just on a four-link. For those of us looking for higher-level setups, there looks to be plenty of room for improvement.

Poison, Bloodlust (if the skill works with Disfavour), and added fire are the offensive supports that come to mind. If the skill really front-loads a bunch of damage into one attack, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun could be a good defensive support.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Only one problem I see how can a ground effect skill hit flying enemies in the video he takes out flyers with something that is affecting the ground which they are not standing on.
"
veek91 wrote:

You dont want faster attacks tho. Better substitute it with added fire

Not like I am losing the heavy hit with faster attacks, I just get to respond faster, especially dealing with the slowest 2H wep in the game (possibly the slowest of all wep). Now if I said Multistrike, then yea, I am wasting the best part of the skill, dealing hard hits.

Edit: Of course, I have no issue switching back to added fire dmg if it comes down to the case that faster attacks does not make a difference be it slow or fast because how it functions.

Edit2: Actually, if Earthquake does function like Ice Crash, then Multistrike will not work.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 10, 2016, 8:53:56 PM
I know it is a limitation in the art budget but I have to point out how every time I see them reuse the same attack animation for every single skill, it causes my eye to twitch.

"
"
IsoLateJynXx wrote:
This is pretty much groundslam it looks cool dont get me wrong ,i understand its hard to make skills and balance them but this is just taking one concept and calling it something else.

Lets take it one step further... All the skills do damage, but each skill has some funky coat of paint to separate it from others. In the end, all skills are the same skill causing damage but they all look different.

I know you are being facetious but that is actually a big problem of PoE and why it really starts to get to you after awhile. Every time I see a new skill released, I want to be more excited than I am but its basically something we already have but a different color. Which is why the shift into a speed in which there is no room for slow, or utility, you really can't add any skills that are anything but.
Shift from adding skills to doing something new with what already exists or otherwise you just keep giving the players different colored candy to sate them until they overfill on it, spit it out, and you have to give them something new.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jan 10, 2016, 8:50:17 PM
this is exactly what icecrash is, but with a bigger aoe.... and looks like ground slam..

im sure there are THOUSANDS of suggestions of cooler or different mechanical skills etc etc etc

you guys dont need to keep redoing the exact same skill with a reskin

First it was Ground slam which is a <) cone effect

Then Reave also an exact replica of groundslam but it charges up and its not technically a slam with some diff mechanics

Then ice crash came out which was a big hitter ground slam circle effect which couldnt use multistrike

Now we have an exact replica of ice crash but its way bigger and looks like it has an almost identical mechanic to icecrash

Im just wishing we see cooler upcoming skills

Its true that it's not so different, but in a game that has so many skills and will continue to add more its natural to add skills that are similar to others but allow builds that have different focuses and strong/weak points.
From this point of view its a cool enough skill!
What I'd like to see tho for melee is a melee skill that could rival cyclone for 'moving and killing'.

PS. less duration buff, maybe storm call will be finally 'viable' :) These gems really needed some love!
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Jan 10, 2016, 9:04:30 PM
"
Arrogant wrote:
Seems fun, how will its tooltip display the damage?

like SRS does...oh wait...
So for Reave being the replacement for Ground Slam, now you're adding in a Ice Crash skill renamed Earthquake that is even more clunky and annoying to use?

Wow. That's nice for Poison.

Poison gets nerfed, then gets nerfed more, then has to work with crappy mechanics.

Or just roll Bladefall. Greatpatches™ for Melee Poison we're working with the last little while.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jan 10, 2016, 9:11:39 PM
Looks amazing but hating the delayed onset designs behind many of the melee skills. Really kills clear speed for higher levels.
If it hasn't already been suggested, I would recommend when showing off such a skill like this that you not use Herald of Fire with it. The fire rings cover up the effect to the point it essentially looks like they could be using any other one hit melee skill.
Last edited by Ianpact on Jan 10, 2016, 9:13:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info