Skill Reveal - Earthquake

Love it I'm excited to play with it. Love me some physical damage + melee builds. This is what I have been looking for.

"
gilrad wrote:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but for reference the links are:

Earthquake - Fortify - Less Duration - Melee Physical Damage - Increased AoE.

Looks like the character is using a Marohi, so that's just on a four-link. For those of us looking for higher-level setups, there looks to be plenty of room for improvement.

Poison, Bloodlust (if the skill works with Disfavour), and added fire are the offensive supports that come to mind. If the skill really front-loads a bunch of damage into one attack, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun could be a good defensive support.

Unfortunately Bloodlust won't work linked to earthquake and get damage bonus, as even with Causes Bleeding on a weapon, bloodlust stops the bleeding when linked to the skill. I tried :( You could run two earthquake setups, but I don't think that would work as we expect due to description saying we can only have one up, and its for slow attack speed weapons.

Though I can see Bloodlust on a second single target link to rapidly finish off anything that survived the quake.

Lastly I saw someone talking about melee survive-ability, from what I see with this skill, it looks like player skill can finally be involved in how well this build does. Contrary to other melee skills you are only locked in place while dropping the center of the quake, then you get to move, as demonstrated in the video. This is a huge boost over most other melee skills that root you in place while attacking, and that large AOE coverage looks great.

"
This aftershock is huge and destructive, but you can't create another fissure while one is active.
I wasn't clear does this mean there is a DoT effect in place, or Repeated hits in a AoE, or does this simply mean you can't create multiple fissures. I know I'm probably overthinking this, but that could have a huge impact on builds surrounding this skill, and I couldn't discern for sure from the video as you kill fast.

Great job GGG (sneaky sneaky the way you manipulate video skill releases).

Edits cause I think to much, and am very excited.
Last edited by RYKS on Jan 10, 2016, 11:12:16 PM
nice!
Nice armor, also guys when are you going to make rmt armor for scion/witch, ie more girly appearance? my female toons look like guys with the rmt armors.
So is ground slam getting the Ele Hit treatment? Slowly being phased out of the game. First Ice Crash now Earthquake. Dont see how anyone can justify playing ground slam anymore outside of novelty and low lvl racing
Does this mean ground slam is getting changed?
Groundslam is great stun skill. With hit spamming you can get enemies always in stun. This one is duration skill. You can't spam this. One shot - one kill.
Unfortantly, I imagine that skill like duration leap slam with AOE earthcrushing :(
But this nice too. Hello my lovely Marohi!
Can this be used with a dagger? Maybe there is finally a skill for Mark of the Doubting Knight!

Also ... Less Duration with More Damage ... mmmm Storm Call? Less Duration + Rapid Decay?

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Yay more damage tools for melee while ignoring that the biggest problem with melee is survivability. From what has been revealed, it looks like you're really missing the mark with the expansion.

This skill does offer an additional survivability option. You can jump in create the fissure and get back out of the way.

"
RYKS wrote:
Love it I'm excited to play with it. Love me some physical damage + melee builds. This is what I have been looking for.

"
gilrad wrote:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but for reference the links are:

Earthquake - Fortify - Less Duration - Melee Physical Damage - Increased AoE.

Looks like the character is using a Marohi, so that's just on a four-link. For those of us looking for higher-level setups, there looks to be plenty of room for improvement.

Poison, Bloodlust (if the skill works with Disfavour), and added fire are the offensive supports that come to mind. If the skill really front-loads a bunch of damage into one attack, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun could be a good defensive support.

Unfortunately Bloodlust won't work linked to earthquake and get damage bonus, as even with Causes Bleeding on a weapon, bloodlust stops the bleeding when linked to the skill. I tried :( You could run two earthquake setups, but I don't think that would work as we expect due to description saying we can only have one up, and its for slow attack speed weapons.

In the video they are leaping around. The Leap Slam would apply the bleed with Disfavor.
Just a repeat of ice crash.

Now using dirt :D

Dirt Crash.
Last edited by Crithos on Jan 11, 2016, 12:14:57 AM
Super glad you guys chose to add damage to Less Duration, I was just thinking the other day how the gem could be further utilized in later patches. Also sick looking skill ^^
I wish you guys would make a bow skill that pulls mobs towards the user. Make it like it deals 20% damage and it damages the user according to the amount of mobs pulled like 100 = 10% life/es. Linked with pierce it could grab hold on a whole bunch of mobs,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info