Violet Bondage Burger : A fun and powerful VoltaSpark Build

"
Shorter than I had hoped, but I guess I'll have to do with it.

Thanks for the tips.

Before deciding on this build, I was originally gonna go with this one, which is all about projectile speed, though isnt chaos damage

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1565708
2-3 screens away, that's good news. Not sure yet as to how much range I'll be going for, but it sure is nice to know I can kill stuff from far away.

Thanks to both of you.
I am wondering, does this really do that much damage on itself that is is easier to go full life/evasion with blood magic?

I just rarely play full life builds and have no idea. By the nature of the chaos spark I would think that ES hybrid might have been somewhat more effective in terms of damage (with a minor hit to survive ability on a character that is usually miles away from danger), with more usability in party (optional aura or two, some utility) and a much better ceiling in terms of upgrades in gear.

I have a essence drain/contagion shadow that I used to try this build out with literally zero changes and it impressed me enough to want to make a dedicated character.

But I am torn by the fact I know nothing about full-life/BM style of play.

And just an additional hypothetical question of the same kind - it would seem like ascendancy Deadeye would bring a TON of damage into this (free chain, free projectile, and some damage/speed); but will that additional damage be actually needed? Over the utility and quality of life the pathfinder would bring?
Ive been playing with this kind of character, the only problem is that, some loots are too far to get, and some are lost. Off screen killing is insane :)

Talisman shrines, mobs are already dead before they even come out
Last edited by pudge1811 on Feb 10, 2016, 3:05:30 PM
Doing this build right now and loving it!

Currently lv87 and will be going for lv90 in tsc

Very fun and safe +1

EDIT: also yup, playing a ranger with a bow but casting spark is cool af! \o/
Last edited by duy4duy on Feb 14, 2016, 7:33:50 AM
"
ichishi wrote:
I am wondering, does this really do that much damage on itself that is is easier to go full life/evasion with blood magic?

I just rarely play full life builds and have no idea. By the nature of the chaos spark I would think that ES hybrid might have been somewhat more effective in terms of damage (with a minor hit to survive ability on a character that is usually miles away from danger), with more usability in party (optional aura or two, some utility) and a much better ceiling in terms of upgrades in gear.

I have a essence drain/contagion shadow that I used to try this build out with literally zero changes and it impressed me enough to want to make a dedicated character.

But I am torn by the fact I know nothing about full-life/BM style of play.

And just an additional hypothetical question of the same kind - it would seem like ascendancy Deadeye would bring a TON of damage into this (free chain, free projectile, and some damage/speed); but will that additional damage be actually needed? Over the utility and quality of life the pathfinder would bring?

I can't make any predictions regarding the expansion classes, as i think a LOT of things will change. As for the free chain, keep in mind that a projectile can't fork and chain at the same time.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
I was about to take a break from POE a few days ago and wait for Ascendancy but saw this build and got the urge to give it a go. Just dinged lvl 80 on it and it has been pretty fun. Also, I decided to run Spark off mana, which ended up not being that difficult. There are so many options to go with on the skill tree, which is a nice thing. I currently have about 4.1 k life and 900 es, running AA, Clarity, and Herald of Thunder, still fiddling with this set up, though. Thanks for posting the guide.

EDIT: Gained a couple levels, was able to drop Clarity and now run Discipline instead.
Last edited by puaiohi on Feb 21, 2016, 3:55:10 AM
"
puaiohi wrote:
I was about to take a break from POE a few days ago and wait for Ascendancy but saw this build and got the urge to give it a go. Just dinged lvl 80 on it and it has been pretty fun. Also, I decided to run Spark off mana, which ended up not being that difficult. There are so many options to go with on the skill tree, which is a nice thing. I currently have about 4.1 k life and 900 es, running AA, Clarity, and Herald of Thunder, still fiddling with this set up, though. Thanks for posting the guide.

EDIT: Gained a couple levels, was able to drop Clarity and now run Discipline instead.

Very interested in hearing about your dps, as you progress. I currently run the BM version, and while its nice and very straight forward, one cant help but wonder about running of mana and also - though that is a different topic - running a crit based version.

Please keep us posted! :)
IGN: ImreKiss
Last edited by ADAPT44 on Feb 22, 2016, 6:53:26 AM
Whelp, hit level 87 and grabbed the Charisma node, so now I run Arctic Armor, Discipline, and Wrath linked to a level 3 Enlighten. If I run a map with no or decreased regen, I drop one of the mana reservers to comfortably keep casting Spark with flask use. With 7 Frenzy charges up, my sheet DPS is about 22k, with lvl 19 Spark and lvl 15 Wrath. I might drop Arctic Armor for Herald of Thunder, but honestly DPS felt very good even at 18k--I've chomped through maps up to T14. I think the biggest difference I get from not going Blood Magic is that I can pick up the Potency of Will node for more sweet skill duration, which is a buff to DPS (though not seen on tooltip) and a buff to defense because of the range increase.

I plan to grab Method to the Madness and the jewel socket near it with my next levels, though might not have enough time left in the league to do that. The alternate path I've been considering is to forgo Charisma/MttM (DPS doesn't seem to be an issue at all) and instead buff my tankiness a bit by taking the Written in Blood and the Melding nodes to increase my life/ES (the other big change from the OP's tree and mine is that I skip Acrobatics).

FWIW, I feel pretty safe except when in close quarters and having to open doors with some risky map mods active, temp chains in particular is the suxxors.
does king of the hill and other bow crit nodes not work with spark?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info