Violet Bondage Burger : A fun and powerful VoltaSpark Build

I just got my ranger up to level where I could start using spark with Voltaxic. This build is awesome. I added Abyssal Cry and that made it insane.
"
cabagey wrote:
What about Pierce/Drillneck? Could get you to 79% Pierce Chance without any investment in passive skill tree points. And the increased damage from Drillneck.

I'm not sure is that would work since Drillneck says "projectile damage increased by ARROW pierce chance"
"
"
cabagey wrote:
What about Pierce/Drillneck? Could get you to 79% Pierce Chance without any investment in passive skill tree points. And the increased damage from Drillneck.

I'm not sure is that would work since Drillneck says "projectile damage increased by ARROW pierce chance"

Yeah, I think you're right about that, as it is not an arrow.

What about the links? Is it perfectly playable on a 5-link? And which Gem would you drop then?
"
cabagey wrote:
"
"
cabagey wrote:

Yeah, I think you're right about that, as it is not an arrow.

What about the links? Is it perfectly playable on a 5-link? And which Gem would you drop then?

Sorry for the delay, i wasn't able to check internet for a while.

It is easily playable with even a 4L. Check the gem setup i linked and just drop the last 2.

As for the pierce, i think it s a lot of investment and i'm not sure it will work as we don't use arrows. The fork provided by the Rigwald's quill is free from any damage penalty, making it better than pierce imo. If you don't have access to it because you play in a different league, a regular quiver with the pierce or fork gem is an option i guess.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Hi , really nice guide/build idea. I am currently an 87 ranger with all the gear and gems and the damage is amazing but my main problem is survivability , how do you sustain your life with no leech against tough bosses and enemies that kill you in like 2 hits.
"
ST4LK3R wrote:
Hi , really nice guide/build idea. I am currently an 87 ranger with all the gear and gems and the damage is amazing but my main problem is survivability , how do you sustain your life with no leech against tough bosses and enemies that kill you in like 2 hits.

Atziri flask is your leech.
If your vaal spark is charged, no boss should last long enough to be a threat. At least from all the bosses i killed so far. I couldn't drop t14 and t15 maps yet so can't testify for them yet.
Hardest boss i did so far was a twinned excavation, and vaal spark + flask and some movement/positionning did the job well.
The main problem id evade mechanics itself tbh. Your best bet is too stay far from the mobs and off screen most of the stuff. When the league will be over, i plan to try to get a lightning coild with 4 blue sockets to gain a lot of tankiness but it may never happen depending on my lucl :(
What about picking up IR instead of going the acro route? And even dropping BM for grace + something else?
"
Avmantox wrote:
What about picking up IR instead of going the acro route? And even dropping BM for grace + something else?

IR can be a solution i think. The problem would be the socket colors on an armor or hybrid chest though.

Dropping BM for auras is tough. We need either the BM gem or an heavy investment into mana. But it's also viable i guess i don't think this build is 100% optimized at all ^^
Just wanted to post and say how much fun I am having. I wanted something different and a bow ranger that instead uses spark sounded right up my alley! I am only level 66 with crap gear and not much health, but I see lots of potential and I'm looking forward to continuing to level.

I will say that I knew I had to do this build once I viewed your "classical explanation drawing". I spit coffee so thank you for that!

Kudos to you for sharing your build with the community :)

"
sinisista wrote:
Just wanted to post and say how much fun I am having. I wanted something different and a bow ranger that instead uses spark sounded right up my alley! I am only level 66 with crap gear and not much health, but I see lots of potential and I'm looking forward to continuing to level.

I will say that I knew I had to do this build once I viewed your "classical explanation drawing". I spit coffee so thank you for that!

Kudos to you for sharing your build with the community :)

Hehe thx ! Drawing is like a second nature for me so i'm happy to share. If you have any suggestions or idea to improve the build please let me know so we can find better way to optimize it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info