Violet Bondage Burger : A fun and powerful VoltaSpark Build

EDIT for 2.2 : I haven't updated the guide yet, as i didn't play the chatacter at this point. I'm playing ni perandus right now, and it might take some time until i'm able to gather the gear for it, but i really wanna play it again at some point, especially with all the new options we have like the aura ring, the sub classes etc. I'll update the post once if and when i did the tests :).

Hello gangsterz !

After my Purple Puragu build, i got inspired by Nugi and went to explore the poison hype a bit more.
Arc is too limited by the number of targets at high level, ball lightning is a bit too slow, Storm Call is slightly too meh, and Spark got a really nice buff in the patch soooo the choice was obvious.

Pros

Spoiler
-Insane clear speed.Spark will reach mobs everywhere, indoor and outdoor.
-Super strong single target damage
-Can do ANY map mods
-Atziri viable, even maybe uber but spark isn't that efficient for aiming
-Reflect proof
-Not that expensive
-You play a caster Ranger with a bow \o/
-Great amount of HP/Evasion/Dodge

Cons

Spoiler
-Some uniques are requiered
-Not that cheap either
-SRS and other flying enemies will make you want to murder baby seals with a pickaxe
-Rangers are dumb, you'll have to stuff her with intelligence.

Items:

The only 100% requiered unique is obviously the Voltaxic

That's the only reason to play the build in a chaotic way.No choices here. You don't care about the rolls at all.

This quiver, even though it's not a must have, will greatly improve your clear speed. Fork makes it that every time one of your spark hits, it will split into 2 two. The gem can do the same but at the cost of a reduced damage. The build is focusing on projectile damage and this quiver delivers that on top.

That's about it for the core items, so here's the rest of my current gear:
But before the gear, here's the classical explanation drawing:
Spoiler

Gear:

Spoiler

Winds of Change gloves: Projectile damage/speed + knockback effect with a non-zero amount of life. Nice damage boost and the knockback is weirdly good. I wish i could drop more to corrupt Temporal Chains on hit which would be a huge offensive and defensive boost.
Azenath mark can provide that but the stats aren't as good.

Atziri's Step:One of the MANY options there. They provide a good chunck of evasion/Runspeed/Life and the spell dodge is tasty. same as the gloves, i wish i could stop bricking the corruptions and get +1 frenzy charge.Edit: got it finally, the gain is huge !
Other options are blood dance, even though they got nerfed they can provide the charges i have with blood rage.
Darkray Vectors are great also for the +1 charge and the dodge attack chances. They don't have life and the reduced charge duration is a downside.

Any rare boots can do the work if you're short on life/resist.

Rest of the gear is as usual focused on life/resistances. Who whould focus on thorns and life regen anyway -_-
Try to find the intelligence where you can and cast speed on rings/amulet is great also.

For the jewels, a lot of stats are useful for damage such as spell, projectile, lightning, chaos and in a lesser way, damage over time. For a defensive aspect it's the usual stuff.

Stats shots(with 8 frenzy charges, no flasks)
Spoiler

Skill Tree at lvl 92:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gHRAx4FLQW1BnAILgzyDjwOSBEvFE0VIBa_GJEZjhm0GlUfQSP2JbwmiCaVKk0rCizpLYMuUzBxMHw2PTboN9Q6QjpSPs8_J0MxR35KyEt4TZJOn1FHU7tUR1VLWW1aGlpSXfJfmGEhYeJirGVNbIx07XXLen9673vDfXWE74ZghrOMNo19jX6Nv5uNnaqexKEiokCjiqXLpr6omq_rtMW1SLcwu-O8n702vea-p7_VwuzDM8SizZjPMtNv037UI9rB20_dqN-_4MPoWupi62PtP-2D7g7vevT49qP8S_66

I grab the life regen as i don't want to loose any life with blood rage. If you're ok with a small degen then you can transfert some points.
I use Blood Magic keystone to be able to not care about mana at all. You can change that by using the gem to let you cast auras like grace + herald of thunder if you wish.

I won't provide levelling tree, as i assume everyone knows how to reach level 64 on their own. I personnaly levelled using split arrow with unique bows until lvl 49 when i equipped a sire of shards with spark.

Bandits:

Kill all or help Oak
Kill all or help Alira
I fucked up and killed all but i wanted to help Kraytin. I'll correct that with more regrets at some point.

Gems by order of importance:

Chest:

Your main skill. Spam that shit out <3

Bow:

Well, it's vaal spark so it's good for you. It won't be self sustained but it will provide a massive damage boost for a short period. It will melt down pretty much anything(see the video)

4L:

Use whatever you want. I prefer to pop some meat when i got hit but you can choose to get Immortal Call or cursed there.

4L:

Frenzy will let you keep your charges up for very long fights with no adds like Atziri, and will curse large amount of mobs with temp chain, which is both defensive and offensive in a poison DoT build.

4L:

Fluff of your choice.

Videos:

Short double vaal + trash + trio in the Apex:

https://youtu.be/wKsGvoJcWoo

Gorge speed clear with stupid chickens:

https://youtu.be/DXg9jQCuq-w

Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Mar 13, 2016, 4:58:11 AM
Last bumped on May 22, 2016, 11:47:43 AM
Added the video, and the guide is pretty much complete.
I really liked the build and I'm doing it right now. Any tips for lvling?
"
kevinhorde wrote:
I really liked the build and I'm doing it right now. Any tips for lvling?

"
I won't provide levelling tree, as i assume everyone knows how to reach level 64 on their own. I personnaly levelled using split arrow with unique bows until lvl 49 when i equipped a sire of shards with spark.

Anything projectile related will do the work i think. Go where you have the more uniques i think. I had all lvling bows so i used that but i think a reverberation rod with EK or spark can work.
That's a clever use of conversion and multi source more modifiers. Can you post a video of a speed run(no looting) on gorge or plateau?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
That's a clever use of conversion and multi source more modifiers. Can you post a video of a speed run(no looting) on gorge or plateau?

As soon as i drop one of those maps i can do that sure.

edit: done : https://youtu.be/DXg9jQCuq-w
Last edited by Kagari on Jan 13, 2016, 4:50:25 AM
Nice. I tried out something similar a little while ago and it was fun! With Voltaxic, my inclination is to go crit (Pierce instead of Poison, Rearguard instead of Rigwald's Quills and drop Acro), but I like your poison take on Spark.

Does Added Lightning give more dps than Added Chaos? Is it Void Manipulation that makes Added Chaos better?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 13, 2016, 9:07:18 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
Nice. I tried out something similar a little while ago and it was fun! With Voltaxic, my inclination is to go crit (Pierce instead of Poison, Rearguard instead of Rigwald's Quills and drop Acro), but I like your poison take on Spark.

Does Added Lightning give more dps than Added Chaos? Is it Void Manipulation that makes Added Chaos better?

Added Chaos gives me a lot more than add lightning. I think the main reason for that is the average damage. Lightning damage has a really low min damage and added chaos partially counter that by give me a way higher damage floor.

Let me know how it goes by going crit, it's a lot of points to invest but it might be really powerful.
Can u make a leveling tree ? :D
What about Pierce/Drillneck? Could get you to 79% Pierce Chance without any investment in passive skill tree points. And the increased damage from Drillneck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info