Violet Bondage Burger : A fun and powerful VoltaSpark Build

Purely from a dps standpoint how does this compare to regular spark? By using the bow you miss out on spell damage scaling you could get from wands/ shields. Does chaos/poison have particularly good scaling in the passive tree to make up for this? Obviously chaos damage is very convenient for multiple reasons, I'm kinda new so I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how the dps compares. I dropped a voltaxic the other day so I just started leveling a character for this build :)
Hey guys, been following the build and made it a little bit different, hope OP sees and gives some feedback.
First what i did was drop blood magic keystone from the tree and instead used Malachai's Simula. Which not only gives blood magic, but also gives spell and lightning damage, we use both.
With OP skill tree you use 11 passive points to get to the blood magic keystone and the huge life points behind it, it is 11 points for 35% increased life and the blood magic keystone.
With this variation you don't get blood magic keystone, and instead you grab the whole scion life cluster, which translates into 50% increased maximum health, and you save 1 passive point.
Tell me what you guys think.
"
dflt18 wrote:
Purely from a dps standpoint how does this compare to regular spark? By using the bow you miss out on spell damage scaling you could get from wands/ shields. Does chaos/poison have particularly good scaling in the passive tree to make up for this? Obviously chaos damage is very convenient for multiple reasons, I'm kinda new so I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how the dps compares. I dropped a voltaxic the other day so I just started leveling a character for this build :)

I haven't tried regular spark recently so i can't really compare. That being said, the main upside i can see is the pure chaos damage, and on top of that the poison. Poison is honestly super powerful. We're up to a point on this game where we one shot pretty much every trash mobs on any maps, makinf the single target damage the only thing to really push toward in my opinion.
Chaos+poison does the work on that.

"
Hey guys, been following the build and made it a little bit different, hope OP sees and gives some feedback.
First what i did was drop blood magic keystone from the tree and instead used Malachai's Simula. Which not only gives blood magic, but also gives spell and lightning damage, we use both.
With OP skill tree you use 11 passive points to get to the blood magic keystone and the huge life points behind it, it is 11 points for 35% increased life and the blood magic keystone.
With this variation you don't get blood magic keystone, and instead you grab the whole scion life cluster, which translates into 50% increased maximum health, and you save 1 passive point.
Tell me what you guys think.

I thought about using it for a while yes :). But at the end it was more of a personnal preference that i kept BM keystone. More unique means less flexibility for life/evadsion/resist/intel. I could give up resist on the helm as i'm now capped on ele weakness maps but i need to find the intel somewhere else than my helm.
I didn't do the calculations but : by grabbing BM keystone you get strenght on the way (simula has 20 str though), and you have a potential 99hp on a rare helmet. All in all, i think the 15% increase hp from the scion wheel won't give that much, maybe even less.
I'm sure it's a perfectly viable choice though, and it will greatly improve the damage.

Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Jan 26, 2016, 5:08:42 PM
Hi, I've leveled a character following this guide and have a couple questions if you don't mind.

First: If you had a 4 blue, 1 green, 1 red body armor, what would you use for the red socket for the Spark setup? I assume void manipulation would be the gem to remove, but I can't think of a good red replacement. It's super hard to roll this lightning coil I got and I might be stuck with these colors for a bit.

Second: What would you use for your third "4 link" setup if you dont need blood rage for frenzy generation? I use the Blood Dance boots with Frenzy/Temp/GMP/Curse on hit, as well as the CwDT Golem/skeletons/blink arrow combo, and am having trouble coming up with a useful final combo lol. I put just another CwDT combo for now, but curious how you would approach it.

Either way, great guide, and awesome character =] Thanks
"
FlayerX wrote:
Hi, I've leveled a character following this guide and have a couple questions if you don't mind.

First: If you had a 4 blue, 1 green, 1 red body armor, what would you use for the red socket for the Spark setup? I assume void manipulation would be the gem to remove, but I can't think of a good red replacement. It's super hard to roll this lightning coil I got and I might be stuck with these colors for a bit.

Second: What would you use for your third "4 link" setup if you dont need blood rage for frenzy generation? I use the Blood Dance boots with Frenzy/Temp/GMP/Curse on hit, as well as the CwDT Golem/skeletons/blink arrow combo, and am having trouble coming up with a useful final combo lol. I put just another CwDT combo for now, but curious how you would approach it.

Either way, great guide, and awesome character =] Thanks

Empower or increased duration are the 2 red gems i think could be a good setup. Empower for raw trash damage and duration for spark/poison stacking on bosses maybe.

As for the final 4L, i would try to find a way to automate a temp chain curse. Like CWDT+temp chain for normal mapping and maybe cwdt/skeleton/curse on hit/temp chain for atziri.Maybe even replace cwdt for spell totem for atziri.
Last edited by Kagari on Jan 27, 2016, 3:48:10 AM
Hi there,

I am very interested in playing a similar build, but would like to kill monsters from offscreen as much as possible.
Is the build good at shooting offscreen, and what would you suggest in order to maximize the range at wich the build reliably kills stuff? (Even if it means a lowered clearspeed.)
"
Hi there,

I am very interested in playing a similar build, but would like to kill monsters from offscreen as much as possible.
Is the build good at shooting offscreen, and what would you suggest in order to maximize the range at wich the build reliably kills stuff? (Even if it means a lowered clearspeed.)

With the current build + gear you will offscreen stuff because of the projectile speed. It's possible to go above in proj speed but after a certain amount, the game doesn't register what happens it's too far from your current position.
Do you know how far the projectiles still hit the enemies?
Roughly one screen and a half maybe ?
Shorter than I had hoped, but I guess I'll have to do with it.

Thanks for the tips.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info