Q&A with the Developers!

Back during the Awakening hype, we were teased with the idea of a revamped end game. During the Awakening beta it was revealed that it had to be pushed back to the next big patch because you guys just had too much to get done in to little time. With the Talisman patch there wasn't even a mention of an update to end game PoE. Is an updated end game still in the works and if so what is its status?
Last edited by Byrr on Jan 5, 2016, 11:19:09 PM
Having some questions about Ascendancy:

1. Inquisitor, one of the ascendancy classes of Templar, have a node called "Inevitable Judgement". If that Ignore elemental resist while crit also affect the reflect damage?

2. Deadeye, one of the ascendancy classes of Ranger, have a node called "Powerful Precision". It have "Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by arrow piercing chance". If this only affect bow attacks but not spells or something like lightning strike or frost blades, since the "arrow" wording is used?

3. Gladiator, one of the ascendancy classes of Duelist, have a node called "Gratuitous Violence". If there is a physical reflect mob being damaged by the explosion on killing bleeding enemies, will that damage also reflect to you?

4. Just like Gladiator have "Outmatch and Outlast" to gain frenzy and endurance charge on kill. If other ascendancy classes(maybe the last class of shadow?) will also have power charge on kill? Or only have chance to gain power charge on a non-critical strike like Assasin does?

5. Can explain what is Maim(saw in the Assasin class video)? What will it do?

Here are also some questions, which is not related to Ascendancy:

1. Will the AOE radius of Elemental Proliferation be buffed? It's too small for some builds I think.(like burning prolif?)

2. In the currenct passive tree, there are some notable points which is really worthless for people to get.(like Master of Force. Even if it can work with Fireborn or Cold Steel, I still don't think anyone will do that.)

3. Threshold Jewels are easy to obtained in game, but I may not get the one I want while running a race or leveling in early game. At the same time, some of them will lose their attraction in late game. Here is my thought to improve this situation:
Maybe we can separate them into two types, one for leveling builds and the other for late game.
Late game ones are drop only and those for leveling builds will not dropped but can be given by quest? (Though the metric to separate those jewels are difficult to work out)

4. I think the physical and elemental reflect on map mods should also grant pack size as they might be very dangerous for some builds, shouldn't it? btw, will we have chaos reflect in the next patch?
If not I am going to build a chaos dmg char next league. :D
Last edited by freezingkills on Jan 6, 2016, 2:51:06 AM
I don't know If you guys are still reading these, but I think you should watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iyj6btfyfA I know you've heard this argument a lot, but I think Yoji put its the best. So one last time, are you satisfied with tree balance?
Jesse Guile
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but did Femurs of the Saints ever get fixed?
Jesse Guile
http://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes

In this site with Ascendensy Classes, all characters have 3 classes but scion only one, why?
Any plans for Titan Grip - aka dual wield 2h weapons keystone passive near marauder area :)
Is possible to make the items rotate in 90º in our inventory? i find sometimes when doing maps that I could fit in a Top if only I could make it rotate haha. :p anyways your game is amazing and I love it so much, thanks for being awesome.
- Will you raise the lvl of map drops again?
I'm stuck at lvl 88 in talisman and ran out of maps above tier 6.

- will you fix lag when hovering over tooltip icons?
was introduced in a recent update. quite annoying.

- will you please make an easily accessible database (sort, search, suggestions..) of current unique items?
it is currently quite hard to find uniques that may help with a build. using the forums, reddit and the wiki and still I encounter uniques I've never heard of.

- will you please make maps stack in 3's in the chest, so low lvl maps can easily be vendored?

- will you fix latency issues on servers?
amsterdam, london and frankfurt double their ping between 19-23 GMT and get laggy.

- will there be another black cat event?
that was the best <3
My question is about the state of the three difficulties (Normal, Cruel and Merciless) I just got back into the the game after a longer break, right after rampage league, before the Awakening. So this is my first time through act4. I´m currently at lvl 84 Tsc.
Okay on to the question What do you think about having players run through the game three times? Similar games have this exact model, and to me it seems like a really old model to have today. Now with another act and possibly more in the future, running through 3 times feels as bad game design. (PoE is NOT a bad game! I love it, we all do!) In the podcast "State of Exile" ep.35, Chris briefly talk about statistic on where in the game players give up and quit the game. For my personal experience in similar games, where i "give up"/loose interest, is at the end or middle of the second play-through. Do you have stats on this for poe? I feel, if another act is to be added or even in the current state, that 2 play-trough should be enough. right now, you run Normal, exited to lvl up and try your new build, you get to Cruel, and your build starts to really take form, but you know i need to go trough it all again, just to do it all again! just to reach where you want to be. Its making me personally not want to lvl more characters doing a temp league.
So, : Do you plan to remove a difficulty ( example Cruel) so it feels more smooth to level, and getting more people to level more characters up.

/-****Bonus Question, Do you plan to reward player, that have had an account for a long time, with unique MTX/pets, like every time an account reach a 1 year old, you reward that player with something to show off in game, that that player have bin playing for X-amount of time. (Kinda like Steam, gives you a "Badge" every year you have bin a member, to show off on you Userpage. /

-Cazjer
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ign Cazjer
Will we be able to buy more points or packs from other online gaming stores, for example kinguin, G2A, etc? Because every time i buy them from here my bank charges me some extra feeds and taxes, but from other places/stores this doesn't happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info