[2.4 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC]

I'm going to ditch Multistrike... its too dangerous in high level maps (just had a stressfull Graveyard boss fight ; ok maybe not so high... but it was a problem with Merveil). Locking you in 3 strike animation is baaad. Think I'll replace it with Fortify, or got a better idea?

-------------------------

Ok, solved the problem, needed more attack speed. Ditched the Marohi. Multistrike can stay.
Last edited by centopus on Jan 13, 2016, 2:26:33 PM
"
centopus wrote:
I'm going to ditch Multistrike... its too dangerous in high level maps (just had a stressfull Graveyard boss fight ; ok maybe not so high... but it was a problem with Merveil). Locking you in 3 strike animation is baaad. Think I'll replace it with Fortify, or got a better idea?

-------------------------

Ok, solved the problem, needed more attack speed. Ditched the
"
Marohi. Multistrike can stay.

What are you running instead of Marohi, and how has it affected clearspeed?

I haven't really had issues with Marohi, but have had issues with reflect.
I haven't had issues with clear speed. The slowdown from Marohi was too much for me. I could not effectively dodge Merveils attacks. Both 10% less attack and 10% move speed is way too large price to pay, for the lvl15 area increase.

I'm running Kongor's Undying Rage now. Still cheap weapon. It has 50 more pDPS than Marohi and no major drawbacks.

The area of effect is notably smaller, but you rarely get to jump into a as large enemy cluster for that to be an issue. I'm moving and attacking faster, the clear speed is similar, but I feel way safer, because of the mobility regained.

Last edited by centopus on Jan 14, 2016, 12:54:24 PM
"
Mushuukyou wrote:
I've been doing this build for ever.
However, it has a problem with end game maps.
Take for instance Fairgraves in end maps.. how the hell do you kill him?
We need to change this build to do chaos or something instead.
Yes, having a 2h is great, but maybe we need dual weapons for the uni dagger to give chaos from fire... because it's really difficult to do some mobs...

... we need to do all maps all mods.

Honestly mate, no you don't. Almost any build always have some issues with certain mods or bosses in specific maps. This is something you simply accept, or go for one of the few builds that can do any map mod :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
So I got the chance to test out the build with a belly of the beast but not sure what to think. Sure, I go from 5200hp to 5800, but I from 11800 armour to around 6500. Have not done any dangerous runs with the chest, but it feels svary I guess. Is the belly a valid item to use in late game instead of say, an 2000+ armour chest?
Got to level 51, found a corrupted area called neglected cellar, killed all the mobs up until the boss.
Starts killing the mobs around the boss, boss attacks me and I die before I can even react fast enough to disconnect with the script i had. Sit there looking at the screen, wondering why this enemy did so much burst damage, i had no problems with any boss at all up to this point, yet this random corrupted area boss, killed me so fast, even though I had 2k life and around 50% cold resist.

15 hours of gameplay, all for nothing, wasted.

Still a nice build though, I guess I'll use it again if I feel like playing this game anymore.
"
Stavik96 wrote:
Got to level 51, found a corrupted area called neglected cellar, killed all the mobs up until the boss.
Starts killing the mobs around the boss, boss attacks me and I die before I can even react fast enough to disconnect with the script i had. Sit there looking at the screen, wondering why this enemy did so much burst damage, i had no problems with any boss at all up to this point, yet this random corrupted area boss, killed me so fast, even though I had 2k life and around 50% cold resist.

15 hours of gameplay, all for nothing, wasted.

Still a nice build though, I guess I'll use it again if I feel like playing this game anymore.

Welcome to hardcore my brother.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Same situation for me.
Oneshoted by Merciless Dominius at lvl 64.
Was 3k4 HP with 47% reduced damage with armor, but a few EV...
"The Touch of Gods" literaly rapped me ^^. At this time, i've used multristrike on my spell, and i think that's why i dead.
If i've played faster attack at this time, i think i could escape with my leap slam...

I will give this build another try cause it is sooooooooooo cool to play :)
Marohi erqi give a fun dimesion to this build, but i thinkin about to play with a facebraker to get probably a better DPS?

Thanks for this guide.
Last edited by ZoR3oL on Jan 18, 2016, 5:55:20 AM
"
ZoR3oL wrote:
Same situation for me.
Oneshoted by Merciless Dominius at lvl 64.
Was 3k4 HP with 47% reduced damage with armor, but a few EV...
"The Touch of Gods" literaly rapped me ^^. At this time, i've used multristrike on my spell, and i think that's why i dead.
If i've played faster attack at this time, i think i could escape with my leap slam...

I will give this build another try cause it is sooooooooooo cool to play :)
Marohi erqi give a fun dimesion to this build, but i thinkin about to play with a facebraker to get probably a better DPS?

Thanks for this guide.

Vaal on merciless sure is nasty. A little low percentage on reduced damage. I have been on 60%+ all my time on merciless. The slam will one shot you though and what I did, since I still had the marohi was to remove multistrike.

I felt like I was standing still on the same spot for to long, and I didn't want to risk it. Later on when I got a better weapon without the reduce in attack speed and jewels increasing it I found no more problem with standing still because of multistrike.
Anyone can give me some advice on which item to buy than those recommended in the post?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info