[2.4 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC]

Fixed a few typos :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
hi !
thanks to all your guides, very helpfull to begin a hardcore league with simple and strong build.

I will begin this build today, but why not use immortal call for the CWDT setup ?
immunity to phys damage even for very short time seems a great survival option in hardcore :)
thanks

idarius
I dont think you really need a single target option, since IB already gives very nice damage and Melee Splash had its single target damage reduction removed. I play this build and use almost the same skilltree, but I use the following gem combination:

Chest: IB - Melee Splash - Melee Phys - WED - Multistrike (- Added Fire damage or increased AoE as 6L)
Weapon 4L: Leap Slam - Fortify - Endu Charge on Stun - Faster Attacks
2 remaining slots: Hatred & Fire Golem
4L: CwDT - Immortal Call - Molten Shell - Increased Duration
3L: Vengeance - Added Fire Damage - Melee Phys
1 remaining slot: Portal (ofc can be switchted to another dmg gem or even LGoH / Mana or Life Leech)
2L: Blasphemy - Warlords Mark
2L: Blood Rage - Increased Duration

Leap Slam with Fortify and Endu Charge on Stun is a very nice combo. I leap into a mob group and get my 6 Endu Charges instantly as well as fortify. The first harder hit gives me more than 3 seconds of immunity due to immortal call.

I really dont think you need blood magic anyway, even with 85% mana reserved and not a single mana, mana regeneration or reduced skill mana cost node I can leap at least 4 times before I run out of mana. Both, fortify and ECoS only have a 110% multiplier. Leap Slam mana cost doesnt increase when leveling.

When you use this gem combination this build gets even cheaper. You can buy a nice weapon and nice armor for less than 10c.
Hi mate! Thanks for a interesting build. But I have a pair of questions for you :)
1. How about Atziri and endgame high level maps?
2. How much DPS can we have with Marohi?
"
MetalheartX wrote:
Hi mate! Thanks for a interesting build. But I have a pair of questions for you :)
1. How about Atziri and endgame high level maps?
2. How much DPS can we have with Marohi?

1. Atziri can be done, but there are better skill suited for that boss. If you wanna do Atziri I definitely recommend having a 5-linked heavy strike setup.

2. End-game maps are totally viable with this build =)
Hahahaha man, nice build. Just hit level 57 and picked up a cheapo 4L Marohi... everything does PLOP! ;D
Looking forward to getting a real 5/6L one ;D

Thnx.
"
centopus wrote:
Hahahaha man, nice build. Just hit level 57 and picked up a cheapo 4L Marohi... everything does PLOP! ;D
Looking forward to getting a real 5/6L one ;D

Thnx.

My pleasure, glad you like it! =)
what should I level my molten shell and blood rage to?
"
tribeca76 wrote:
what should I level my molten shell and blood rage to?

That is up to you, as it depends on your current HP and the content you are farming. I had good experience with CWDT at level 9, Molten shell level 14 (I think) and blood rage level 11. I cant remember if those are the specific levels but around there or so :)
So, I am currently lvl 81 with my character MeatGrinderDeluxe, and I am not sure where I should go at the moment. Link to character here. I am running with 12013 armor, max resist, -38% chaos resist, 17987 dps with IB and 26793 dps with heavy strike(without frenzy charges). Also have 4985 hp.

I run easy maps up to tier 5 at the moment, where most of the trash doesn't hurt at all, though some bosses gives me the scare, like blacksmith in Spider Forest Map Tier 4 map. I also skip a lot of other maps because even though I run around with 78% damage reduction with endurance charges I feel squishy at times.

So, I just wonder where to go for the next step. Been saving up and have around 2.5ex worth in chaos at the moment, so the question is if I should try and get a belly of the beast(even though it lowers my armour quite a lot), or maybe try and get a 5-link 2 hander with higher pDPS.

Any kind of help to move my character forward is appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info