[2.1] Sossaman's Mjolnadin – strongest while cheapest mjolner? [Video added]

What would be good support for bosses. I have 19 penetartion but controled destruction and conc effect seems good too.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumabear032/characters

character stupidasfuck, No idea why im dying a shit load, running Grace Temp Chains Wrath and Purity of elements... and i die almost instantly to physical

71% with grace, 82% with determination and Grace, i also seem to do very low damage
Using exiletools.................. moving along
I was lucky enough to get a Mjolner drop so looked up a build and found this one but the levelling process to get to actually use the build is so painful, theres barely any damage on the tree due to the pathing which i understand is necessary for Mjolner to work but to get to 60 plus is gonna be a nightmare. Tried bladefall, lightning tendrils and arc none seem good enough too level with and single target is woeful. Hopefully i can push through and get to see the build in action
I got this build on line this weekend.

I started templar and went dual flame totem picking up all the totem and fire nodes i could while kind of making my way down to the Duelist area and over to right side of scion. Leveling was pretty painless this way.

Once i hit 65 i took the plunge, I had to spec out of almost all health nodes in order to get the stats plus the aura nodes. I bought all the gear except for Voll's and Kingsguard. I did end up using a 5L lightning coil from another build so my gearing was kind of difficult at first since i needed to reach the mjoner requirements and overcome the neg lightning resist from the coil.

Saying that Dried lake went pretty darn fast 130mil xp/hr easy with a few quick silvers. As i leveled i got the much needed stat points and it made working my gear around much easier.

My gear
Spoiler

My gloves are pretty weak i think, but im waiting for few more nodes that have dex so i get get armor str in that slot instead.

Here are some comments on the build so far, i just hit 82, so still have to travel up from right of scion into shadow area.

1) The dmg is there but if your discharge is behind in levels you'll feel it for sure.
2) The radius on Blasphemy is a lot bigger than i thought totally worth it
3) I love the flexibility of the auras, you can try to counter about any set of map mods
4) I say try to counter above because considering all the defensiveness in the build i still feel squishy.
5) Is it just me or is Vaal Pact weird as hell? i swear sometimes it isnt instant.
6) No idea how your suppose to do t10 content, i tried a t8 canyon and the dmg was fine (remember i don't have a volls devotion). But the dmg i took was insane, ranged mobs in particular are nasty with no dodge and no block you take every hit and you'd think 70+ phys reduction, 79-84 elemental res, fortify, and a lightning coil that you can tank it but you cant.
7) My hp pool is pathetic, so many uniques in the build you don't have much room for flat hp. I know i'm not quite to 90 which is apparently the sweet spot for the build, and i do have 3 hp nodes to get but im sitting at 3700 hp . . . once again no idea how your suppose to do t10 maps taking every hit in the face since you can't dodge or block.

Don't get me wrong i love alot of the build and its fun and fast paced to play but i'm afraid ill just hang in t5-t7 maps because somehow its not tanky enough.

Overall good build and really mjoner has never been cheaper so i'm glad i'm trying it out finally.

Hob

Last edited by Hobben on Jan 10, 2016, 11:38:52 PM
The dmg this build takes sometiems is really sick. I feel like i play with 0 armor. Got my voll devotion yestarday. Still need to 5l kingsguard. Tryed atziri,failed two sets so i was salty like hell yesterday. Just dont know how to pass trio. I farmed atziri in warbands with posion arrow,could do it with my eyes closed with that build. Wasnt scared of any boss,any mod but now i couldnt finish Orchard boss without dying few times.
Hello guys. I think today all day about some nice build... and i want ask you something. My idea is to connect high mjolner armour and dps with aegis aurora. My tree has only 115% life but 6 free sockets that we can get together 157% max life. With 1% jewels we can also achieve 73% of block. I also want use talisman which convert 50% of light damage taken to cold. That should work realy good with +5%max cold res from aegis.

What you think about this idea guys it is hc viable?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA6hjzBvuqUWAGOdl8gge31r685dEYkRRN_Eu8nzpSqZUM96yvwL8tg4LkkBGKrx7fT1azP3vDhmCezenVfuJ5OcM6AeepbimldPF344TZeA3AGm87Fr_EFcpKb5567wUt029Gt4MJNZLYvQ-rGYrvTkd-ZU29NkCgNugs6YazaGXz3acw9zJh4iaVVUthUhm0FSD-SR2q4Ygki_jrAdzE9ow2r6dYrwkz0TbiLCo4fNl2rM9-IWAOPEZpPQ-18m6qFHFyqS_MwYKbtYTFX7C-p_ba-wkajycLhtGDtl4TSsixkNtZLai-gEZxn8sAAAAAAAA=

P.s It is version without volls devotion.
Last edited by Jarovb on Jan 12, 2016, 1:20:49 PM
"
Not sure what armor to use since kings is usless without devotion. Prolly rare with ton of armor and life.

The desired stats for rare-items mentioned in the initial posting apply to body armour, as well. Using a rare body armour makes gearing even more easy.

Also there are some viable uniques like e.g. Belly of the Beast or Lightning Coil.

Just use what you like most.
"
What would be good support for bosses. I have 19 penetartion but controled destruction and conc effect seems good too.

As mentioned in the initial posting: Against bosses you can try using Lightning Penetration, Controlled Destruction, or Concentrated Effect.

Another option would be Ball Lightning, which is supposed to generate a lot of charges against bosses.

Just try them out and use what you like most.
"
Kumabear032 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumabear032/characters

character stupidasfuck, No idea why im dying a shit load, running Grace Temp Chains Wrath and Purity of elements... and i die almost instantly to physical

71% with grace, 82% with determination and Grace, i also seem to do very low damage

Your character-profiles are set to private, unfortunately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info