[2.1] Sossaman's Mjolnadin – strongest while cheapest mjolner? [Video added]

Added a video to the initial posting.
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 12, 2016, 9:05:58 PM
"
Hobben wrote:
I got this build on line this weekend.

I started templar and went dual flame totem picking up all the totem and fire nodes i could while kind of making my way down to the Duelist area and over to right side of scion. Leveling was pretty painless this way.

Once i hit 65 i took the plunge, I had to spec out of almost all health nodes in order to get the stats plus the aura nodes. I bought all the gear except for Voll's and Kingsguard. I did end up using a 5L lightning coil from another build so my gearing was kind of difficult at first since i needed to reach the mjoner requirements and overcome the neg lightning resist from the coil.

Saying that Dried lake went pretty darn fast 130mil xp/hr easy with a few quick silvers. As i leveled i got the much needed stat points and it made working my gear around much easier.

My gear
Spoiler

My gloves are pretty weak i think, but im waiting for few more nodes that have dex so i get get armor str in that slot instead.

Here are some comments on the build so far, i just hit 82, so still have to travel up from right of scion into shadow area.

1) The dmg is there but if your discharge is behind in levels you'll feel it for sure.
2) The radius on Blasphemy is a lot bigger than i thought totally worth it
3) I love the flexibility of the auras, you can try to counter about any set of map mods
4) I say try to counter above because considering all the defensiveness in the build i still feel squishy.
5) Is it just me or is Vaal Pact weird as hell? i swear sometimes it isnt instant.
6) No idea how your suppose to do t10 content, i tried a t8 canyon and the dmg was fine (remember i don't have a volls devotion). But the dmg i took was insane, ranged mobs in particular are nasty with no dodge and no block you take every hit and you'd think 70+ phys reduction, 79-84 elemental res, fortify, and a lightning coil that you can tank it but you cant.
7) My hp pool is pathetic, so many uniques in the build you don't have much room for flat hp. I know i'm not quite to 90 which is apparently the sweet spot for the build, and i do have 3 hp nodes to get but im sitting at 3700 hp . . . once again no idea how your suppose to do t10 maps taking every hit in the face since you can't dodge or block.

Don't get me wrong i love alot of the build and its fun and fast paced to play but i'm afraid ill just hang in t5-t7 maps because somehow its not tanky enough.

Overall good build and really mjoner has never been cheaper so i'm glad i'm trying it out finally.

Hob

Many thanks for your detailed feedback, really appreciate it. :)

Regarding your points 4, 6, 7:

I just added a video playing a T10 map without Voll's Devotion. While my char (90 vs. 82) and gems (mostly 19 & 20 vs. mostly 18 & 19) were some levels ahead to yours, on the other hand my setup was completely unoptimized for non-Voll's. I just used my main-char (which has 4k life, too, by the way) and swapped Kingsguard and Voll's with some rares.

So based on my experience recording this video, I cannot really comprehend the survivability-problems you encountered. My only guess is that using Elemental Weakness instead of Temp Chains may be the deal-breaker here?
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 12, 2016, 10:03:47 PM
Sossaman_ can you answer for my question abou block mjolner... ?
"
Sossaman_ wrote:

Many thanks for your detailed feedback, really appreciate it. :)

Regarding your points 4, 6, 7:

I just added a video playing a T10 map without Voll's Devotion. While my char (90 vs. 82) and gems (mostly 19 & 20 vs. mostly 18 & 19) were some levels ahead to yours, on the other hand my setup was completely unoptimized for non-Voll's. I just used my main-char (which has 4k life, too, by the way) and swapped Kingsguard and Voll's with some rares.

So based on my experience recording this video, I cannot really comprehend the survivability-problems you encountered. My only guess is that using Elemental Weakness instead of Temp Chains may be the deal-breaker here?

Thanks for the video.

Your hp pool seems significantly more stable than mine, I have not given up on the build have just gotten busy. Im hoping sometime in the next week or two to finish leveling to 90, that should get me over 4k hp and my gems to 19. Ill see if i can then duplicate your run. Also ill droping my EW and try using temp chains and enfeeble.

Hob
Well, i found many of the items needed in the build, so i decided to give it a try. At level 60 i was able to wear all the gear i needed (even gems i still lack dex)due to atziri foible.

i'm currently at level 63. playing on trash is like a piece of cake due to 2x curse and wrath aura (4 power charge).

the only problems are at bosses, but swapping wrath with grace, just gives me enough armor to stay alive and not getting oneshotted.

I'm currently using a simple 4L belly as an armor, giving me 2.7k of life at level 63, and almost all resistance capped (i only lack 30 cold resistance).

I played many worst builds in the past, and this one is pretty fun to play with, i have a 5L kingsguard saved for later when i will get a voll, but for now i feel like getting to level 80 is pretty much affordable, just remember to use the correct auras/curse depending on boss fight.

will post my feedback later on when my level will be enough to farm at least T8-9 content.

Levelling was quite easy, i just ran with stupid items, with 0 auras, and a tabula rasa with flameblast with blood magic(remember the tree gives us at least 3 easy sockets where i could put fire damage and unique jewel, so i could do aoe damage for like 7k at 10 stack of flameblast without much effort), and flame totem with chaos golem. Only little hard part was from level 58 to 60, where i died 4-5 times, due to items from level 20 .

I play caustic arrow on main farming atziri blind eyed, but still this build is funny to play, it's true i feel like bosses are a little pain, but will test it later on serious encounters!
"
Jarovb wrote:
Hello guys. I think today all day about some nice build... and i want ask you something. My idea is to connect high mjolner armour and dps with aegis aurora. My tree has only 115% life but 6 free sockets that we can get together 157% max life. With 1% jewels we can also achieve 73% of block. I also want use talisman which convert 50% of light damage taken to cold. That should work realy good with +5%max cold res from aegis.

What you think about this idea guys it is hc viable?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA6hjzBvuqUWAGOdl8gge31r685dEYkRRN_Eu8nzpSqZUM96yvwL8tg4LkkBGKrx7fT1azP3vDhmCezenVfuJ5OcM6AeepbimldPF344TZeA3AGm87Fr_EFcpKb5567wUt029Gt4MJNZLYvQ-rGYrvTkd-ZU29NkCgNugs6YazaGXz3acw9zJh4iaVVUthUhm0FSD-SR2q4Ygki_jrAdzE9ow2r6dYrwkz0TbiLCo4fNl2rM9-IWAOPEZpPQ-18m6qFHFyqS_MwYKbtYTFX7C-p_ba-wkajycLhtGDtl4TSsixkNtZLai-gEZxn8sAAAAAAAA=

P.s It is version without volls devotion.

What you have to keep in mind with Aegis Aurora:

• With Aegis Aurora instead of Saffell's Frame, you will have less maximum resistances for lightning and fire, and if you don't use e.g. Stone of Lazhwar you will have less spell block chance as well. Therefore you will be more vulnerable to elemental reflect.

• While block is a very powerful game-mechanic, it doesn't prevent you from getting one-shotted. Since this build doesn't have that much eHP (effective hit points) this may be a problem, especially in Hardcore.

Therefore, if you want to make a mjolner-build with Aegis Aurora, instead of going pure life it may be a better option to go hybrid (life and energy shield) or maybe even pure energy shield. This way you would be able to obtain a greater effective health pool. Also, this would very well synergize with the special mechanic of Aegis Aurora ('replenishes energy shield by 2% of armour when you block').

Unfortunately, hybrid or energy shield would require a completely different build/tree compared to mine.

(You mentioned a Talisman which converts 50% of lightning damage taken to cold. Are you also planning to use Lightning Coil then?)
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 14, 2016, 10:46:46 AM
No i dont want use lightning coil it is to exprnsive for me. I make mistake with this talisman because i want use stone if lazhwar.i want use also Repentance gloves (with crafted 2% chance block) they have a lot of es end iron will. What i saw a lot of mjolner builds have about 5000hp. My will be have about 6000ehp(4000k life 2000es) i want use also rare armour es ir evasion es chest. Also i think to put in place of blashemy discipline. I want use topaz flask which with spell block should be ok against reflect.
if you see some weak points of my build pls tell me.
This is my last tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8wb7qlFgBjm31r685dE94niuSO4YkRRN_Eu8n6mVDPesr8C_LYOC5JARiq8e309Wsz97w4Zgns3p1X7ieTnDOgHnqW4ppXTxd-MbrYTZeA3AGm87Fr_EFcpKb5567wUtgwnyRf4KOuGmVzWS2L0PqxmK705HfmVNvTZAoDbopzD3MmHiJpVVS-96xq5hUjwtg1-DzBm0FSAkiwHcxPaMNq-nWK8JM9E24iwqOHzZIWBGaT0PtfJuqnKptz4vzMGCm7WExV-wvqf22vsJGo9eE0rI9qOxkNtZLai-gJ_LsbPTfgAAAAAAAA==
Last edited by Jarovb on Jan 14, 2016, 11:24:02 AM
"
Jarovb wrote:
No i dont want use lightning coil it is to exprnsive for me. I make mistake with this talisman because i want use stone if lazhwar.i want use also Repentance gloves (with crafted 2% chance block) they have a lot of es end iron will. What i saw a lot of mjolner builds have about 5000hp. My will be have about 6000ehp(4000k life 2000es) i want use also rare armour es ir evasion es chest. Also i think to put in place of blashemy discipline. I want use topaz flask which with spell block should be ok against reflect.
if you see some weak points of my build pls tell me.
This is my last tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8wb7qlFgBjm31r685dE94niuSO4YkRRN_Eu8n6mVDPesr8C_LYOC5JARiq8e309Wsz97w4Zgns3p1X7ieTnDOgHnqW4ppXTxd-MbrYTZeA3AGm87Fr_EFcpKb5567wUtgwnyRf4KOuGmVzWS2L0PqxmK705HfmVNvTZAoDbopzD3MmHiJpVVS-96xq5hUjwtg1-DzBm0FSAkiwHcxPaMNq-nWK8JM9E24iwqOHzZIWBGaT0PtfJuqnKptz4vzMGCm7WExV-wvqf22vsJGo9eE0rI9qOxkNtZLai-gJ_LsbPTfgAAAAAAAA==

Sounds viable then.

I don't have any experience with mjolner-block-builds, though, so I'm not able to assess your passive tree, unfortunately.

However, for Hardcore I highly suggest you use Grace, as well as Blasphemy with Temp Chains and Enfeeble.
Last edited by Sossaman_ on Jan 14, 2016, 12:59:56 PM
Thanks for the detailed guide for this build, Im enjoying it alot, and Im still at lvl 78 :)
Heyo, Sossaman. Nice build, i give it up. Atm on lvl 66 and have some survivability problems like 1shots... Really confuse me sometimes, cause i have about 7k def and 50+ res. But mb it' cause i'm to low lvl yet, will see later...

So about questions:
1. I notice a discuss above about Endurance charges without Voll's, really sad thing i can't generate them... but - in that case Kingsguard useless and better to use another chest? I'm talkin' about uniq ones like Daresso Defience, Voll's Protector, Belly of the beast and other. Which one is better to use without Voll's? Or mb just continue use Kingsguard anyway? (if possible enlight me about Daesso's mechanic with this build without Voll's)
2. About Repentance gloves - i think with them we lose many +res, but, is Purity Of Elements not enough to cap? In this case also, which uniq gloves we can optimally use for this build? Coz i probably don't know all possible and viable variations.
3. Same question for boots, i saw many ppl use Atziri Step, it's nice boost to our armor, but still miss +res... Seems like resistance a real problem. Hope Doriany's Invitation will be ok for that build.

That's all atm :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info